• Advertisement

What'd ya last watch? (Movies)

terminoob

On 7/2/2018 at 10:19 PM, 4EverGreen said:

On Netflix, I saw "DC Superhero Girls: Intergalactic Games", which features a MUCH better portrayal of Starfire, Cyborg, and Beast Boy than a certain cartoon series which WON'T be mentioned HERE ever could portray them as!

Lmao super late to the conversation but they upped the ante on starfire's use of "the"

at least when I saw it lmao

if anything it just reminded me of their ttg selves still

• Sad 1

Two movies...both LGBT related, and both taking place in the UK.

1) Weekend

I've been wanting to see this film for quite a long while now, having read about its premise and taking interest in it. And I was invested in it; the story's very moving and it can be a very intriguing watch. It's perhaps one of the more explicit if not the most explicit LGBT film in my library which came to me quite shockingly. I can't say I was all for the heavy drug use that only gets more frequent by the third quarter of the movie. But, that didn't take away from the emotion I felt for the two characters over the ending.

2) God's Own Country

Oh, the FEELS...I'm still crying as I type this...

I've also read up on this one's premise and, if I'm honest, I didn't expect to be at all invested in the concept of a farm romance, but guess what? This movie's become a new favorite very quickly! Thinking about it, a good deal of the movie just gives me Brokeback Mountain vibes, although I will say this movie ends on a happier note than that one. And to clarify, I'm crying because of how happy it is. Just...absolutely everything about both Johnny and Gheorghe (the latter played by the very attractive Alec Secareanu) made this film a treasure for me.

It's also possibly because I felt a strong resonation with how isolated Johnny acts. He's not a very outspoken fellow, I'd say, and it's the fact that he blossoms once he learns to fall in love with Gheorghe and develops as a character alongside their relationship that really gets me crying tears of joy for him by the end. Gheorghe is also a very wonderful character and to be honest, he is so attractive I just kept swooning over him whenever he appeared in a scene; I was literally mentally yelling at Johnny to just put a ring on it already.

Just...oh, I cannot even begin to describe what is so great about this movie because it just is!

Widows, screw dat Ocean's 8 noise, this is the all female heist movie people should see

Instant Family, honestly a lot better than I expected

Ralph Breaks the Internet, I loved it. Not quite as good as the first, but it's still a serviceable sequel. Definitely worth more than one watch just to try and take everything in.

Creed II, really great installment to this franchise. Makes me appreciate Rocky IV all the more.

Edited by Old Man Jenkins