• Advertisement

What'd ya last watch? (Movies)

terminoob

A Simple Favor: great blend of dark comedy and mystery. This and Searching is a nice 1-2 punch of good mystery movies.

The Predator: Went into this with little to no expectation. weak story and characters but the action and gore is top notch. Shame it couldn't quite be the best of both those worlds

Peppermint: Jennifer Garner is like the best thing this flick has going for it.

Non-Stop. I think I've watched part of this movie before because it definitely felt familiar whilst I was watching it. I must say, I really love the mystery element of the film. The action towards the climax is kinda lost on me due to how confined the setting of the plane is for all the conflict, but it's an entertaining watch nonetheless.

The House with a Clock in Its Walls

went into this one with no knowledge that Eli Roth directed and Eric Kripke penned this, so I was like "the hell" when I saw their names pop up. Pleasantly surprised by how this one turned out. Being the Supernatural aficionado that I am, you could tell this definitely came from the mind of Kripke right down to the paranormal jargon regarding witches, spirits and demons that he uses (and there's a running poop joke that reeks of Eli Roth). Almost felt like watching a Supernatural episode at times (well, a good Kripke-era one, at least), just with Jack Black, Cate Blanchett and a waaaayyyy better budget. The villain's motives and how he goes about things are kinda whack, but that's about all i have to rag on about it. Wouldn't be against seeing more come of this.