• 2/5 Deliveries
    • 1/5 Deliveries

RLmfOcw.png

Premieres: 

Saturday, September 21st @ 11:00am ET/PT

Encores:

Saturday, September 21st @ 3:30pm ET/PT

Sunday, September 22nd @ 9:00pm ET/PT

Plot: SpongeBob and Squidward take a delivery to a dreaded town where the laws of logic no longer apply.

Clips:

Note: This episode was already leaked online from the UK.

• Confused 1
  • Wow 1

This was certainly an interesting episode, for lack of better word. It was definitely a spiritual successor to Squidward in Clarinetland, but I liked this more than Clarinetland because it actually got to the point quicker. I think the whackiness worked here better than most of the modern eps imo because they gave it a special flavor, and plus, the plot actually held my attention so there's that too. I dug the design of RandomLand, and there were a lot of great visual gags spread throughout. Not my number one fav S12 ep but it's up there as one of its strongest entries.

As for the big thing everyone is hyped about...wow, that Squidward's Suicide/Red Mist reference. Don't know why it happened at all, but I'm genuinely impressed they referenced that lmao. Mad respect to whoever's idea it was to put that in the episode.

Grade: B+

• Like 2

Never thought my interest in watching a new SpongeBob episode would rise up again but all the Red Mist Squidward talks surrounding this episode got into interested in finding the episode online.

It was pretty good. Never been a fan of a wacky animation found in recent seasons, but it seems like the concept of Randomland somewhat justifies it being as insance as it is, I guess. Personal favorite moment of the episode would probably be the whole 'No Sale' cash register gag. It definitely got a chuckle or two out of me. Can't say the plot stuck with me all that much. The plot is initially set in stone and makes sense, but then once the Randomland shenanigans begin that's really where the episode tries to shine the light. I'd even go a step further and argue that the very beginning of the episode is very much hamfisted and crammed in just so SpongeBob and Squidward can get to Randomland and everything can thus move forward.

The whole Red Mist Squidward thing still leaves me quite surprised, and honestly it's a little shocking that the writers would have the guts to include a reference to a creepypasta that isn't necessarily friendly towards its target demographic. Not only that, but I'd personally argue that the jumpscare was more chilling than the actual creepypasta itself. It's such an out of place and uncalled for reference...that honestly that's probably gonna end up being the one/only thing this episode will be known for.

I thought the episode was entertaining. I liked how Randomland looked and everything SpongeBob and Squidward did while they were stuck there. I liked the little reference to "Pickles" with Mr. Krabs's subtle Money Back Guarantee. Also props to them giving a nod to a SpongeBob Creepypasta. I'm not a fan of it, but I respect them putting it in the episode.

SpongeBob in Randomland has earned its place in one of the best episodes in recent years. It's mind blowing that an episode based on literal randomness manages to be creative, fun and exciting. At times post-second movie era suffered from adding too much randomness and slapstick that it can get pretty irritating but this episode took the randomness and make it weird and strange that it worked. It feels like a good episode of Uncle Grandpa. Animation and designs of people and buildings in Randomland were top notch. I really liked the comedy here because the episode's plot fit the random and weird humor they were presenting and it didn't feel forced or loud. Some of them were in fact clever like the chicken joke or Squidward in heels. The biggest shoutout goes to Red Mist reference, which was so hilarious and terrifying. This definitely earned its place in one of the best episodes of s12, If not the best episode of s12 (depends on how the next episodes will go). So yeah I highly recommend this episode.

Grade: A

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

This episode definitely feels like a spiritual successor to the old "Looney Tunes" cartoon "Porky Pig in Wackyland" (or "Dough for the Do-Do", depending on which version you like more). Lots of great visual, and verbal humor, both with random events happening, and the weird speech happening, due to being in Randomland. Also, for me, the Creepypasta Jump Scare actually PREVENTED this episode from being perfect for me. I'd give it a 9.9 out of 10 for that. Enough said, true believers!

You know, as much as I have already grown tired of hearing complaints about why Nick didn't censor you-know-what-scenes from House Fancy, One Coarse Meal, and The Splinter, and even though I can see reasons for removing the Red Mist scene, but why is it, after all this, that Nick would only act for whoever complained about that scene? IN FACT, why is that of all criticisms we've had about Nick this year that the company had to respond to, why is that Nick would only care to fix the problem that some people have had with a scene from one particular SB episode? I know this may mostly have to do with the censors, but still, jfc.

• Like 2

Aside from THE OBVIOUS, this is such a creative and visually amazing episode. Most of post-sequel is visually appealing, but this takes it to a new level. Alot of the assets are from Kaz's art style, which I really like. I find it rather disappointing that the only thing this episode will be known for is Red Mist, I hope more people actually look into it and watch the whole episode cause it's certainly a trip.
10/10