• Advertisement

Movies that you liked or loved as a kid, but got old and eventually grew to realize that those movies are actually bad.

Karen

I remember loving Blank Check when I was a Young Man Jenkins. Just the thought of having that much money, especially as a kid, it had me hooked. Then I watched it for the first time in about a good decade last year on Disney XD and I found myself laughing at how damn ridiculously bad it really is in so many ways. and don't even get me started on my grown-up reaction to some seven-year old kissing a twenty-something year old woman ON THE LIPS. It took me that long to realize why my parents would always crack up awkwardly at that scene.

Since you bring up Disney, I used to be a big fan of the High School Musical series. I saw the first when it originally aired, got the second on DVD, and saw the third in theaters. I re-watched them a couple of months ago and found them to be atrocious. I must have had horrible taste as a kid.

Ugh, I always hated that infernal movie.

I didn't mind it as a kid. And I can't believe this wasn't the first thing that popped into my head when I first saw this topic...

Tom_and_Jerry_-_The_Movie_Poster.png

I really liked Tom and Jerry as a kid, so it wasn't a big surprise that I liked it back in those days. Now, I actually think it's worse than the majority of the direct-to-video T & J movies.

I remember loving Blank Check when I was a Young Man Jenkins. Just the thought of having that much money, especially as a kid, it had me hooked. Then I watched it for the first time in about a good decade last year on Disney XD and I found myself laughing at how damn ridiculously bad it really is in so many ways. and don't even get me started on my grown-up reaction to some seven-year old kissing a twenty-something year old woman ON THE LIPS. It took me that long to realize why my parents would always crack up awkwardly at that scene.

I thought I was the only one in the world who knew that movie. It just showed up years ago on Disney Channel and went back into obscurity. Personally, I found the movie to be an okay movie. It was meh.

I used to like the Barnyard movie as a kid, but not as much anymore. I kinda liked the spinoff better.

I also liked How the Grinch Stole Christmas as a kid, but now I think--what the hell am i saying, that film was just as bad when I was a kid and it's still horrible today.

Just remembered Over the Hedge. I liked it way back when I saw it in theaters on my tenth birthday and saw it multiple times after that. It still has its moments, however, that and nostalgia factor alone can not redeem the cliche and underwhelming story, confused and muddled message, and boring cast of characters.

Edited by Metal Snake

Garfield 5 (it was a superhero type of movie). It actually aired in theaters and I went to see and I loved it but now thinking about that movie makes me cringe. It was absolutely corny and un-Garfield in every possible way.

45 minutes ago, Spongetron Robotpants said:

The first thing that comes to mind is Chicken Little. :peridot:

What a coincidence, I was just about to say the same thing :waddles:.

Aside from that one, others that come to mind are "Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer" and the Inspector Gadget movies. I was reeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaally dumb back then.

• Like 1

I agree with the SBC member who brought up Barnyard. I could also say Chicken Little, but even as a child, I never really felt that I have liked or loved the movie.

Also ignore my post about Cat in the Hat. It has a "so bad it's good" charm on me.

Thanks guys for reminding me about Chicken Little and the Star Wars prequel movies. I liked Chicken Little when I saw it in theaters as a young'un, but now...uh...

The Star Wars prequel movies...I legit thought were on par with the original trilogy when I was a kid. To be fair, I was like, nine. But still, just looking at all their flaws nowadays...I can't help but feel just slightly embarrassed.