• Advertisement

Movies that you liked or loved as a kid, but got old and eventually grew to realize that those movies are actually bad.

Karen

Often times, when you are a young child, you will like a movie. But if you watch it now, you'll realize that it's just plain bad. Can you guys think of any of those? I'll start.

220px-We%27re_Back!_Movie_Poster.jpg

I loved the movie before. Now I think it's just plain awful and can't stand one second of it. 104938.gif

• Like 1

Damn the title of this topic is a mouthful

Anywho, I saw the movie posted below for my eighth birthday. I was so excited to see it back then and I think I named it my favorite movie once upon a time. Then, I rewatched it a few years ago and I realized how terrible it was. Probably one of the worst movies I have ever seen now lol

meet_the_deedles.jpg

For me... meh... probably the Nightmare Before Christmas. It's a good movie, I just don't like it as much anymore.

To me that movie is an example of "style over substance". It looks AMAZING, but the plot is murky and the characters are forgettable. Also, the romance between the leads completely comes out of the left field. I will say this though, the music is AWESOME.

For the record, everything I said here also applies to Edward Scissorhands. I'm overall just not a Tim Burton fan. 305752.gif

• Like 1

To me that movie is an example of "style over substance". It looks AMAZING, but the plot is murky and the characters are forgettable. Also, the romance between the leads completely comes out of the left field. I will say this though, the music is AWESOME.

For the record, everything I said here also applies to Edward Scissorhands. I'm overall just not a Tim Burton fan. 305752.gif

Fair point, but let me offer you a rebuttal to your claims. Do not take it personally since people usually take my rebuttals personally 915955.png

The characters are forgettable? HELL NO! Jack Skellington and company are still a huge fad. Step foot into a Hot Topic sometime and you can probably still find Nightmare t-shirts are something. That movie is a cult classic! The plot is murky? He hates Christmas and plans to steal it. Sounds like a damn good plot to me. The romance does not come out of left field. Romances are always building up in movies from the opening scene. You just have to look for the potential hints.

Edward Scissorhands is also not style over substance. Yes it does have plenty of style, but the substance is just as equal. I mean he is just a guy that is looking for love, but he has scissorhands (hence the title). He is a freak to society, but he is just a normal man like anyone else and he falls in love with his adoptive family's daughter.

As a Tim Burton fan, I love how he is not afraid to take risks while adding in his own twisted vision to his movies. He may be to you style over substance, but I think it is equivalent of both. While I was not fond of his live action Alice in Wonderland, I can't think of any Tim Burton movie I despised.

Fair point, but let me offer you a rebuttal to your claims. Do not take it personally since people usually take my rebuttals personally 915955.png

The characters are forgettable? HELL NO! Jack Skellington and company are still a huge fad. Step foot into a Hot Topic sometime and you can probably still find Nightmare t-shirts are something. That movie is a cult classic! The plot is murky? He hates Christmas and plans to steal it. Sounds like a damn good plot to me. The romance does not come out of left field. Romances are always building up in movies from the opening scene. You just have to look for the potential hints.

Edward Scissorhands is also not style over substance. Yes it does have plenty of style, but the substance is just as equal. I mean he is just a guy that is looking for love, but he has scissorhands (hence the title). He is a freak to society, but he is just a normal man like anyone else and he falls in love with his adoptive family's daughter.

As a Tim Burton fan, I love how he is not afraid to take risks while adding in his own twisted vision to his movies. He may be to you style over substance, but I think it is equivalent of both. While I was not fond of his live action Alice in Wonderland, I can't think of any Tim Burton movie I despised.

Oh, I love Tim Burton, and I love TNBC. Just not as much anymore, but I like it. And as for the thing in bold, I think you're confused with the Grinch. Jack loved Christmas and wanted to make it his own.

Oh, I love Tim Burton, and I love TNBC. Just not as much anymore, but I like it. And as for the thing in bold, I think you're confused with the Grinch. Jack loved Christmas and wanted to make it his own.

Ah shit, I am embarassed for fucking that up..........I am so ashamed 947717.png

I remember watching the movie Scooby Doo and the Ghoul School whenever it came on Cartoon Network. It was my favorite Scooby Doo movie. But watching it now, I can't believe I liked it. While the concept is good, one could only take so much Scrappy and a bat puns.

Cat. In. The. Hat.

Way back when I was little, I loved it. Everytime I went to Wisconsin, me and my cousins would watch it on end (I think 8 times in the week was the record, may be different.) Then, two years later, I went back to Wisconsin and I saw the movie again. Now I've just joined the population's opinion on that movie.