• Advertisement

Loud House Movie Coming in 2020

BenPaz

Why is no one talking about the fact that one of the movies being considered for release is titled "Sherlock Gnomes." Like, I can't believe "Gnomeo and Juliet" has earned itself a sequel. Should we even be seeing a legitimate film franchise out of this in the near future? If so, what other properties should we expect to be reenacted by gnomes? Gnome Alone? Gnome on the Range? Stockgnome??? Great, now I'm giving them ideas.

So....the Loud House movie, I'm surprised Nickelodeon cares about another Nicktoon that isn't just SpongeBob, and that it's enough to give it a movie. I'm skeptic, but we'll have to wait until some more information is spread for the film and when we'll see what the The Loud House movie has to offer for us.

Nick's in deep shit if The Loud House decreases in its current popularity trend. I mean, it's been less than a year.....

However, this movie is clearly designed to make it into a launchpad never-ending success like Spongebob. If the movie got Spongebob enough attention to last 15 more years after it, then what's to stop The Loud House?

We'll see by 2020 if The Loud House is ready to take the Sponge's throne or not. I don't watch it, but I think I'm rooting for it.

The Loud House is so painfully average that I think a movie is one of the silliest decisions Nickelodeon could have made, plus, it reeks of desperation. This isn't 2001 where pretty much any animated TV show and it's grandmother was destined for a movie, it's 2017 where the new SpongeBob movie was the first in what feels like a decade. 

Nick Execs: well, it's the first cartoon with non-shit ratings in forever! We have to capitalize on that! Lets give this show that's not even a fucking year old a movie! We're not dependent on SpongeBob! See? SEE?!

i appreciate them trying to branch out from SpongeBob, I'm glad Chris Savino has a successful show, but they're trying to force something here and it's not a good fit. Mighty B sure as hell didn't get this treatment. Fuck these guys.

(i was gonna list a slew of good cartoons Nick has fucked over that deserved a movie but I'll be damned lmao Mighty B is seriously the only decent Nicktoon I can remember)

• Like 5
  • God Himself 1

All I can is this.

Too early!

I understand appeal of the show but it didn't impress me that much and I don't find most characters to be compelling or funny. That bein said it's nice to have a Nick show that gained popularity but it's not that popular for crying out loud. It took 3-4 years for SpongeBob to be globally popular and then get a movie. This show had 1 year run so far and it already got a movie. I don't get it. I don't see how this is gonna work either because it's a slice of life show. So i just don't see how this is happening so soon.

TBH, I'm surprised, but not that surprised given Nick's current management and business practices. Plus, The Loud House did take off early, being the first Nicktoon to surpass Spongebob's ratings in god knows how long, and it is a good show (not as incredible as some people make it out to be, but I at least get some enjoyment from watching it). It's also not the only show to earn approval for a film less than one year after its premiere date *coughSouthParkcough*. On the other hand, I don't really see how it would adapt to the big screen. Not to mention the last time a Nick slice-of-life comedy got a movie, it ended up bombing both critically and financially. So, yeah, I have mixed feelings about this.

7 hours ago, Bada Bing Nuggets said:

The Loud House is so painfully average that I think a movie is one of the silliest decisions Nickelodeon could have made, plus, it reeks of desperation. This isn't 2001 where pretty much any animated TV show and it's grandmother was destined for a movie, it's 2017 where the new SpongeBob movie was the first in what feels like a decade. 

Nick Execs: well, it's the first cartoon with non-shit ratings in forever! We have to capitalize on that! Lets give this show that's not even a fucking year old a movie! We're not dependent on SpongeBob! See? SEE?!

i appreciate them trying to branch out from SpongeBob, I'm glad Chris Savino has a successful show, but they're trying to force something here and it's not a good fit. Mighty B sure as hell didn't get this treatment. Fuck these guys.

(i was gonna list a slew of good cartoons Nick has fucked over that deserved a movie but I'll be damned lmao Mighty B is seriously the only decent Nicktoon I can remember)

I heard Fairly OddParents was supposed to get a theatrical release, but it withered on the vine.

I think The Loud House is good from what I've seen.  Not amazing, just...good.  But yeah, this just feels rushed trying to get a movie out this soon.  If I were Nickelodeon, I would consider airing The Loud House far more than they do now if they really want this movie to succeed and prepare for it to be the next big program for the network...just don't pull a CN and air it 178 times a week.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Clappy said:

I think The Loud House is good from what I've seen.  Not amazing, just...good.  But yeah, this just feels rushed trying to get a movie out this soon.  If I were Nickelodeon, I would consider airing The Loud House far more than they do now if they really want this movie to succeed and prepare for it to be the next big program for the network...just don't pull a CN and air it 178 times a week.

Pretty much I agree 100% with this and the general consensus that this is way too soon. It hasn't even been on air for a year and seems to be well, a success, but not something that's big enough at this point in time to make a movie. And yeah, for this I recommend airing it more often or promoting it more, but just as you said, don't pull a Vishnu.

This news is telling me that the film is just being put on the backburner, so I can't presume it dead yet. If it's still in development, I don't think that it's not going to pull through, though. It's pretty telling that the market for films based on television shows haven't been so strong over the course of this decade.