• Advertisement

Family Guy's Season 15 may be the last

sbl

Seth MacFarlane Clearly No Longer Cares About Quality
The creator, star, and writer has, in interviews, often described his desire to end the series altogether or have it go out with a movie. Clearly that mindset has taken hold as the quality of the show has slipped further and further into the cesspool of TV garbage that shows who overstay their welcome occasionally fall into. I can't even remember the last time Family Guy had an episode I thoroughly enjoyed from start to finish. All I can seem to remember thinking is, "when is this going to end?". It's become as common a thought as "Don't forget to feed the dog."

It Shouldn't Stick Around Long Enough to Become Another Simpsons
The Simpsons, another show that's well overstayed its welcome, should've ended after the release of The Simpsons Movie, a film that told a complete tale, offered a good chunk of gratifying laughs, and gave the viewers an ending they could have easily lived with were it announced to be the finale of the decades-spanning animated sitcom. I can't imagine MacFarlane wanting his first show to stick around long enough, just waiting for another to come through and poke fun at its lazy, overdone, dull nature just as Family Guy has done to The Simpsons numerous times.

He's Got a Better Show To Work With

American Dad! found new life on TBS recently and I have never been happier with the show since the move. It's well done, it doesn't pander, it has Roger, and I still look forward to watching it every single Monday night. Ever since it left Fox, the jokes have been better, the quality is outstanding, and the episodes have never been funnier. MacFarlane should be proud of this show and proud of the effort his team and TBS have put into making it something worthwhile for their viewers. And it still has so much potential for the future. This is where his time and effort should really be put to good use.

More at http://moviepilot.com/posts/3975104.

What do you think? Some of the reasons are true here. Family Guy shouldn't be another Simpsons, and he's also got American Dad, so what would happen?

Discuss.

I'm okay with the show ending. It's been one of my favorite shows, but there's no denying that the quality of the show has declined massively in the recent seasons. Plus the show already has lots and lots of episodes to live with. Plus American Dad is going, which is a much better show at this point for still being very good (in it's 13th season nontheless!) and the show has similar writing styles to Family Guy, so it can take it's place.

But Family Guy will most likely not end. It's too big to die.

2 hours ago, Hayden said:

There's no validity to this topic so I'm not sure why it was made.

Thanks for getting hopes up.

Yeah, no offense, but this topic actually qualifies as clickbait. The title of it hints that it would concern a link to or quotes from an article featuring comments from the show's crew that they are considering ending the show or that Fox is considering ending the show, some kind of evidence that the show is going to end with Season 15. This, however, from what you've shown us, is just an article writer's opinion.

3 hours ago, Patty Sponge said:

I'm one of those few 'smart' people on the internet that still think Family Guy is good (same for the Simpsons) and I would be quite sad if the series was to end.

Elastic will be happy you consider him 'smart'.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Metal Snake said:

Yeah, no offense, but this topic actually qualifies as clickbait. The title of it hints that it would concern a link to or quotes from an article featuring comments from the show's crew that they are considering ending the show or that Fox is considering ending the show, some kind of evidence that the show is going to end with Season 15. This, however, from what you've shown us, is just an article writer's opinion.

Elastic will be happy you consider him 'smart'.

I'm on with MS, that article is a editorial, and there's nothing to confirm for the show ending, but i get it's the writer's opinion, so I doubt the show would end.

• Like 1

34746-Gif-Family-Guy-Stewie-Stewie-Griff

^ Fox tryin to pull the plug but just can't :( 

I haven't watched it in years so really it's become the Simpsons for me in that I'll be glad whenever it ends, but I'm not actively sitting/waiting for it to do so.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Brady Corduroy said:

34746-Gif-Family-Guy-Stewie-Stewie-Griff

^ Fox tryin to pull the plug but just can't :( 

I haven't watched it in years so really it's become the Simpsons for me in that I'll be glad whenever it ends, but I'm not actively sitting/waiting for it to do so.

Except new eps are much worse than new Simpsons :)