• Advertisement

Future of SBC?

Jane

Where do you think the site will be in the next several years? Let's just estimate where we will be in 5 years to be conservative. I think without a doubt SpongeBob will still be on, unless Dauman gets fired and they sell off Nick or something. Even if the show ends, I feel like most of the people come here for the community (hence the name) rather than it being a SpongeBob forum. It's still a good chunk of our identity, but a majority of us don't even keep up with the show anymore. This is even more apparent because the site was founded by disgruntled Tv.com users. I think the site has a a 50/50 chance of surviving. And I'm only saying this because either we'll get hacked or there will be a security incident or maybe we'll migrate to SBM or some shit.

I'm more curious to see how SBM will fare if the show ever ends. That site seems to be a lot more strictly SB-focused.

Let's report back on this thread in 2021. :sbgrin:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Teamwork said:

I'm more curious to see how SBM will fare if the show ever ends. That site seems to be a lot more strictly SB-focused.

Actually while it does have more SB focus it still has people that don't discuss SB that much. 

We'll all be grown ups by then but I see the site lasting to 2021 unless something happens. If we keep posting well into adulthood then the site will last for long, but then again a new generation of users and staff members could rise eventually and could keep the site afloat. I'm not sure how long will I keep posting on this site but I hope to be around then, at least helping out the community.  Most of us don't go here for Spongebob so its possible that we could outlive SBM if the show ends, but anything could happen during all that time.

Also, i'll leave the thread open for a while so more people post, i'll lock it later like you said. :P

7 minutes ago, terminoob said:

I'll create a new site. It'll be called The Community Community. A safe haven for disgruntled SBC members that get banned by new staff members for not discussing Spongebob enough.

And then I'll take it over. :troll:

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, terminoob said:

I'll create a new site. It'll be called The Community Community. A safe haven for disgruntled SBC members that get banned by new staff members for not discussing Spongebob enough.

You mean it won't be a forum about discussing the show Community?

Guest hilaryfan80

:smirk: You totally didn't steal this thread from SBM at all.

Learning from SBM's thread, I will say this: SBC will always be home. ^_____^

1 hour ago, Mr. Dr. Professor Patrick said:

:smirk: You totally didn't steal this thread from SBM at all.

Learning from SBM's thread, I will say this: SBC will always be home. ^_____^

I saw you mentioned the SBM thread on your anniversary topic so I decided to make a thread like this here.

5 hours ago, terminoob said:

And then, I'll create The Community Community Community.

I'll stop existing sooner or later. This site will probably stay how it is except maybe bigger or smaller in member size depending on the show's future.

On 6/14/2016 at 0:46 AM, Teamwork said:

Where do you think the site will be in the next several years? Let's just estimate where we will be in 5 years to be conservative. I think without a doubt SpongeBob will still be on, unless Dauman gets fired and they sell off Nick or something.

I need to point out that Nick and Viacom are not the same type of company. Viacom has broadcasting and publishing rights to Nickelodeon's IPs. The network and its subsidiaries itself have operative and creative control of Nick's IPs. Viacom could give away the rights to Nick at some point, but I don't think there will be so much damage for Nick when it happens.

Edited by Steel Sponge
  • Like 2

Guest hilaryfan80

Honestly, this site is too close of a community that we would most likely just change the site's show theme when SpongeBob ends. For example, we might become the Steven Universe Community. Same people, but different show. Or we could just keep going as the SpongeBob Community. (smirk)