• Advertisement

198a. Sharks vs. Pods

Jjs Goodman

Rating?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. What did you think of this episode?

• 5/5 Sharks: I have to get ready to fight.
    • 4/5 Sharks: We could use a fellow like you in our crew.
    • 3/5 Sharks: Slow down, this is our spot, Sponge.
    • 2/5 Sharks: Please, have whatever you want!
    • 1/5 Sharks: IT'S THE SHARKS!

7NXqg1A.jpg 

Premieres

Wednesday, May 4th @ 5:30pm ET/PT

Encores:

Saturday, May 7th @ 10:00am ET/PT

Plot:

The next confrontation of the toughest guys in town, "The Sharks," may be too much for SpongeBob to handle.

Clips:

1.) 

Edited by jjsthekid

This should be interesting, we don't see sharks a lot on "Spongebob Squarepants." To my knowledge (without doing an internet search), so far; the only time sharks have been SEEN on "Spongebob Squarepants" so far, has been for a brief scene in the episode segment "SpongeGuard on Duty."

On April 29, 2016 at 8:13 PM, 4EverGreen said:

This should be interesting, we don't see sharks a lot on "Spongebob Squarepants." To my knowledge (without doing an internet search), so far; the only time sharks have been SEEN on "Spongebob Squarepants" so far, has been for a brief scene in the episode segment "SpongeGuard on Duty."

The Anchor Arms commercial guy was a shark (and a jerk), and the boating instructor in Mrs. Puff You're Fired was a shark too.

22 hours ago, CDCB said:

The Anchor Arms commercial guy was a shark (and a jerk), and the boating instructor in Mrs. Puff You're Fired was a shark too.

Yeah, I just re-saw "Musclebob Buffpants" recently myself, and I can't BELIEVE I forgot about the shark in "Mrs. Puff, You're Fired." At least the sharks in the promo pic look interesting, so with any luck, it SHOULD be an interesting episode.

I'm not even sure where to start. This episode started out promising, but it turned into a huge disappointment halfway in. I get that the whole dance-off twist was supposed to be funny, but it was so in-your-face thrown in there that it was more confusing than funny. The twist with Squidward being in the pods was lame, and Mr. Krabs and Patrick were thrown in there at the end out of nowhere. And the cops... were inexplicably Irish? 

I'm still struggling to figure out how to react to this episode. It's like the writers couldn't decide what it should be about. I mean, we've had plotless episodes before like Night Light, but this... this was just a jumbled up mess of confusion.

Alright, rant over. Let's see how many people disagree with me. ?

• God Himself 1

I honestly liked this one. It was silly, but a good kind of silly. The sharks were actually fun characters, and I liked how silly the ending was with the dance-off, even if it might have been ridiculous. I feel like this whole episode was a parody of something, but I'm not sure what. Also, I don't even remember the last time we saw SpongeBob's weight room, so it was cool they remembered that existed. I guess I can see why people would dislike it, it was kind of random near the end, but I thought it was a good kind of random. Although I do wish they would stick to consistent voices/designs for Officers John & Nancy, since them randomly being Irish was awkward, but that's minor in the grand scheme of things.

Also, did anyone notice the Reg and Hydro Dynamic Spatula cameos?

Grade: B

4 minutes ago, jjsthekid said:

Also, did anyone notice the Reg and Hydro Dynamic Spatula cameos?

Reg's cameo was cool. Didn't see the Hydrowhatever though. Where was that?

Just now, CDCB said:

Reg's cameo was cool. Didn't see the Hydrowhatever though. Where was that?

Trophy noticed it in SpongeBob's room, I'll try to grab a screenshot when it's uploaded in good quality online.

• Like 1

The cops being randomly Irish was weird, but I'll give the writers some credit for trying some Happy Days/Westside Story references in the storyline. It all felt really discombobulated in the end though. It felt like we went from a plot to "RANDOM DANCE PARTY" and the appearances of Mr. Krabs and Patrick, who hadn't even been mentioned in the episode. It all just felt very disorganized and the plot "just happened" to be resolved coincidentally rather then normally. I really didn't hate this ep, but I really just didn't like the ending above all else. 5.5/10

• Like 1

Highlights:

-Gary.

-Squidward's dance segment.

-Yay random Irish voices.

-Cameos that show the writers remember things.

-Spongebob remembers that he says "I'm ready".

Cons:

-Sharks were a little predictable in their stereotype.

-Them being actual gangs wouldn't have hurt, but it was probably Nick's censor. Kind of disappointing.

-The explanation for the guy tossing the fruit was pretty weak.

7/10 

This episode was pretty cool and funny, but the climax was lost on me. I honestly thought the whole twist on what the "showdown" was all about was subtle enough and I didn't really mind the the lightheartedness that had to be thrown in, but the dance-off thing wasn't really foreshadowed and Squidward being part of the Pods made little sense to be. I mean, he's an octopus, but he could at least be shown at some point before, than throw him into the plot. I have no questions about Mr. Krabs and Patrick randomly appearing though, not all cartoons have to be logical. Strong 7 out of 10.

Edited by Steel Sponge

2 hours ago, Steel Sponge said:

This episode was pretty cool and funny, but the climax was lost on me. I honestly thought the whole twist on what the "showdown" was all about was subtle enough and I didn't really mind the the lightheartedness that had to be thrown in, but the dance-off thing wasn't really foreshadowed and Squidward being part of the Pods made little sense to be. I mean, he's an octopus, but he could at least be shown at some point before, than throw him into the plot. I have no questions about Mr. Krabs and Patrick randomly appearing though, not all cartoons have to be logical. Strong 7 out of 10.

I think it was just a big pun on the endings of those movies in general for the dance-off and the end cameos.

8/10 for me, I could see how the climax could turn people away from the episode yet I'm kinda not affected by it at all.

I thought this episode was fantastic!! It was so much fun, and the animation for the dance off was freaking amazing! Come to think of it, the animation for all these episodes this week is just breathtaking, and if this is any indication of how season 10 will be, then I am stoked.

This was a pretty nice episode. It wasn't too funny but I enjoyed the sharks and I liked SpongeBob here. I can't say too much about it, other than the dance scene at the end, which was so weird but it was pretty funny at the same time. the background animation in dance scenes were awesome, I reallu enjoyed it. It wasn't too special for me but I did enjoy it enough.

Grade: B

I thought it was a pretty good episode. I guess I should have seen the ending coming since the beginning might have been foreshadowing since the sharks were complimenting SpongeBob on his dancing. But I still enjoyed it as a twist. I did like that SpongeBob was willing to get dangerous when he thought Gary was kidnapped.

Henry Winkler for the WIN!!!! And I HONESTLY didn't see the dance-off twist coming. And as for the cops NOW being Irish? Maybe they just took a vacation to somewhere AROUND Ireland and are trying to get rid of the accent they picked up there. I personally enjoyed it. A 10/10! :D Enough said! ;)

I remember when this episode was still in storyboard mode. 

You think they would have a better name than just their species, that's like someone being called Human Face but I digress. :P These sharks remind me of Katie bc of the way Dennis is usually drawn with his outfit and hair. Omg SB's face when he was skipping to the car. So I guess the cops have scottish accents now and that shark with the reddish hair sounds familiar to me. It's nice to hear differentish voices for once . 

Woah, nice throwback to SB's hydro-dynamic spatula and the Krabs picture on the wall gave me s4 feelings. I also liked how The Sharks made that cut out letter but signed their names at the end. 

"I'm ready" is finally back! :squilliam2:

And a quick cameo by Reg and other Salty Spitoon characters

I liked that twist actually, usually the show goes forward with criminal characters but this was a nice slight change.

The dances are so dumb, this is great.

I wish SB's dance was longer though, or that any of them were. But this was nice ep overall but what Fa said, it felt like it just happened.

• Like 1