• Advertisement

SBC's Top 50 Worst Episodes Ever 2016 Edition

Jjs Goodman

Never saw Tentacle Vision, but The Card is just a typical Season 6 clunker to me. Harmless, but too many jokes in it just fall flat. At least it gave us one memorable line, "You can't always expect my normal brand of stupidity. I like to mix things up! Keep you on your toes.".

45 (1): I dislike this episode mainly for its bland and strange middle. The ending's just there for me.

44 (2): This episode frustrates me for reasons people hate it for.

45 / 44 (3). Mr. Krabs is pretty jerky here, and the episode as a whole does nothing new or interesting.

43. This episode makes me feel slightly uncomfortable for some reason.

42. Patrick's role in this episode irritates me. Also, couldn't SpongeBob have just given Patrick a different card since Patrick didn't seem to care what was on it.

41. This episode is a mess, especially the ending.

The Card - Ok, here's the thing I don't get. People hates this episode mainly because Patrick's line about he being stupid on purpose. Ok, I'm not denying that Patrick was so stupid in this episode, I can see why people hate this because Patrick was annoying here but the line about Patrick acting stupid on purpose was meant to be a meta joke and people took it so seriously because once again, Mr. Enter convinced them by making a complete rant on Patrick's line and he thought this was another Patrick is a Prick (ugh, that term) episode and I don't agree. Patrick was stupid here, yes but not an asshole. The line was meant to be a joke about writers making Patrick stupid on purpose (don't blame writers tho because since the begining, Patrick's stupidity caused trouble) and it was a funny joke. If Patrick was actually a jerk in this episode, he'd act so aggressive towards SpongeBob about the card or he wouldn't even give other Mermaid Man cards to SpongeBob. I personally thought this episode was just meh. It wasn't too annoying for me tbh. Patrick did bug me here and this episode could have used more jokes but I liked when Patrick gave all of Mermaid Man cards to SpongeBob (even though the twist was a complete cop-out). Plus it's kind of reletable since you don't want objects you care about to be ruined and I could relate to SpongeBob here.

Tentacle Vision - Another one I completely like but that's because it's so bad it's so funny to me. I definitely see why this is on the list.

Rodeo Daze - A decent episode that's more close to the "bad" side due to poor writings. Seriously, there was so much wasted potential in this episode.

The Gift Of Gum - Harmless, somewhat gross, fun. I enjoyed this episode a lot, and I'm actually kind of bummed this one wound up here.

Funny Pants - Meh. 

Gone - A really good episode with a really bad ending. I don't feel like it belongs here.

InSPONGEiac - Why the hell is this episode here? This is one of the best episodes from Season 8. I always love the psychedelic/trippy kind of episodes and this episode delivered. Lots of great gags and a good story. I don't see any problems here. Just praise.

The Cent of Money - Mr. Krabs did get horrible pain (ending in a full body cast) and all his money taken away, so he's even with Gary. That means this episode is...meh. 

Sun Bleached - A stupid episode. Would've made my list but the "RADICAL" scene may just be the funniest joke in all of season 6, so it does get lots of points there. 

The Card - An episode that I like because of how relatable it is. A collector like me will totally connect with is episode and I do. A very good episode, one of the top from Season 6.

Tentacle Vision - This episode is stupid, against Squidward for no reason and has a really mean-spirited ending. HOWEVER, I thought this episode was hilarious and laughed all the way through, so that's all that matters. It's just a cartoon, and even if the ending was pretty cruel, I don't care. I enjoyed this episode

Nothing so far has appeared on my list.

One thing I often see from the Tentacle Vision praise is on how it's hilarious, that one I'd honestly like to know how it's even possible to see it from that angle instead of some of the most obnoxious, pointless, and frustrating scenes of the entire show. :l 

Just now, Trophy said:

One thing I often see from the Tentacle Vision praise is on how it's hilarious, that one I'd honestly like to know how it's even possible to see it from that angle instead of some of the most obnoxious, pointless, and frustrating scenes of the entire show. :|

I just find it's stupidity funny. It's pretty loud and stupid but I enjoy it for some reason.

40. SpongeHenge

DrZKf6S.png?1 

55 points. 4 out of 23 lists. (Highest Ranking: #7 - @Lana Loud )

The legendary story starts with a harsh and powerful windstorm in Bikini Bottom. Nat and Shubie were leaving the Diner, and their bag of leftovers flew and hit SpongeBob in the face, causing him to look out the window. As he looks out of the window, the wind gets into his pores and makes music, attracting jellyfish. The next morning, SpongeBob tries to go to work, but the jellyfish swarm him, wanting to play. Eventually, Mr. Krabs is forced to bring him in with a fishing rod, and as SpongeBob goes to make Krabby Patties, the window abruptly opens. As the breeze blows through SpongeBob's pores and produces the melodious tune once again, the jellyfish chase him.

Still being pursued by the swarm of jellyfish, SpongeBob runs to hide in Patrick’s house; however, a jellyfish enters and stings Patrick, making him throw SpongeBob out. Finally, the wind stops, but the jellyfish then begin to sting SpongeBob, forcing him to take refuge in a cave. With that, he starts building a stone replica of himself to alleviate his days of solitude. After a decade, the storm is still there, and SpongeBob had grown a beard and finished the replica. He gives his inanimate companion tea and sugar and talks to it about how the jellyfish keep bothering him due to the music produced when wind blows through his holes. Then, SpongeBob has an idea! SpongeBob carries the stone replica of himself outside the cave, but the jellyfish end up hating the music produced by the replica. SpongeBob is now worried that he will never be able to go back to Bikini Bottom again. He goes back to the cave, but finally realizes that bigger stones can produce better and louder music than himself.

After a while, SpongeBob finishes the giant stone replicas and pushes them into the middle of Jellyfish Fields, forming a circle. The circle full of SpongeBob statues is now known as "SpongeHenge." The breeze blowing through the pores of the giant statues creates beautiful and harmonious music, which the jellyfish love. SpongeBob is overjoyed that he will never worry about the jellyfish ever again, and he is finally able to go to work after ten long years. Unfortunately, he discovers that the Krusty Krab has been engulfed in sand because of the windstorm. SpongeBob now realizes how much time the jellyfish made him waste and yells out “NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!” It is unknown what happens next to SpongeBob, but "SpongeHenge" continues to live on.

Three thousand years from now, a race of strange cyborgs (presumably of alien origin) have appeared in Jellyfish Fields. "SpongeHenge" has become a major tourist attraction with many tourists taking pictures of the sight. The cyborgs wonder who made the statues and why they were made. The only clue was that the melodious sound the wind makes as it enters the giant pores of the statues entertains and attracts jellyfish. Then SpongeBob's laugh can be heard, ending the episode.

Jjs: This made my list once again, right in the middle. I know some people don't find this that bad, but I do. I just can't enjoy this episode. It's boring, and the plot is just really convoluted. It tried to be dark and weird, but it...just didn't work. At all. The ending I didn't really find funny either. Like I said in my comment on this episode last year, I commend the writers for experimenting with a different kind of episode here, but I just didn't like the result. My biggest problem is the plot seems really haphazard, weird, and all over the place. Wind blows through SpongeBob's pores... they attract jellyfish... he can't get them away... he goes insane... and it ends to the year 3000? Yeah, I just wasn't feeling it. I get why people might not care much for this one, but I just don't like it. It really drags itself along and isn't funny.

Rev: This episode is one of my least favorites in the series. And there's a number of reasons for that. The most prevalent though would be that it's just kind of a mess. The plot itself just doesn't seem like enough to hold it together for 11 minutes, and it doesn't. Having SpongeBob being attracted by jellyfish due to his whistling sound for 11 minutes is kind of boring. It would've been far more interesting if there was also a side aspect of also having the other characters try to survive the wind storm. Which brings up another flaw for this episode. The ending. I really, really don't like the ending. The "How long have I been gone?" part would've been decent, albeit a cliffhanger. But the 2000 year later alien part was just weird. It made no sense, and it wasn't funny. Which is probably the biggest flaw I have with this episode. It's not funny. Apart from the "Your World Today" scene, I didn't laugh at pretty much any of the gags. The jokes mostly seemed to revolve around the weak plot for the first half, which as I've pointed out, doesn't work. Then the next scene, where Mr. Krabs brings SpongeBob to the Krusty Krab, is just pointless if the Krusty Krab gets destroyed 1 minute later. It would've been fine if it was funny, but as I've pointed out, it's not funny. The latter part of the episode with SpongeBob hiding in the caves could've been done better too. Cause it seems that we're not sure if they're going for a "SpongeBob goes insane" or "SpongeBob plots escape", which both could've executed to be very funny, but instead it just settles on things happening without any decent jokes and it gets very old very fast. And then the resolution brings no extra humor, just a very weak and predictable ending from a very weak plot. In the end the episode just falls apart about halfway through, with the rushed ending to an episode that just feels pointless. And last but not least, Patrick was a jerk for no reason at all in this episode, which makes his entire appearance pretty much pointless except for that one "Your World Today" joke which could've easily been reused for another episode. In fact, I think a similar joke was used in a later episode. Which makes it's existence even more pointless. An episode which really is just better of gone. 

39 (1) / 38. The Thing

iPS0oR4.jpg 

57 points. 6 out of 23 lists. (Highest Ranking: #5 - @crushingmayhem )

Squidward Tentacles notices that the neighborhood is unusually quiet, and proposes that SpongeBob is gone for the evening. Back in his house, Squidward tries to relax and watch some smooth jazz on public television, only to be distracted by SpongeBob and Patrick, who emphasize that they are trying to 'enhance' Squidward's evening. Eventually, Squidward lets SpongeBob and Patrick watch with him, only to be bombarded with questions. At last, Squidward is fed up, and leaves Patrick and SpongeBob watching his television.

Departing the neighbourhood on his recumber bicycle, Squidward is hit by a truck of cement and flies off into Jellyfish Fields, where he stays for five days. SpongeBob and Patrick are jellyfishing where they spot him, and decide to adopt Squidward, who they think is a wild animal and refer to as 'Smelly'. Back at SpongeBob's pineapple house, Gary attacks Squidward and SpongeBob determines that it is dangerous for Smelly to remain in his household. Patrick decides to take Squidward under his wing, and plays a game of catch with him at his rock, but ends up calling Animal Control, who come and take Smelly to the zoo. There, SpongeBob is horrified that everyone is treating Smelly so cruelly, so that night, SpongeBob and Patrick break into the zoo and plan to free Squidward. However, they are caught by Animal Control and SpongeBob and Patrick only manage to lose them by going underground.

After a while, Patrick sees light and the gang find themselves in a jungle-like landscape. SpongeBob remarks that the creatures around them look just like Smelly, so they leave Smelly with his real family and return home. The creatures accept Squidward as one of their kind, and as Kelpy G starts playing his clarinet, Squidward's cement cracks open and he simply says to the creatures, "Um...hi."

Jjs: This didn't make my list, but I understand why it is here. The plot is a bit juvenile, and the stuff Squidward goes through kind of drags to the point of unfunniness. Just a middle of the road Season 4 episode for me, but yeah, I totally understand why people don't like it.

MrTortellini: For the most part, I don't have a problem with the weakest episodes of season 4. This episode is one of the exceptions. It's yet again one of those episodes where Squidward gets punished after doing nothing. Getting stuck into concrete, stung by jellyfish, attacked by a giant clam and then insulted by the other fish? Ugh! Squidward gets in so much trouble in this episode, and seeing SpongeBob and Patrick not realizing it is really annoying. Heck, they don't even realize the creature was Squidward at the end. And when we thought it was going to end well for him, it doesn't. I'm okay with Squidward being the punching bag for jokes, but this is too much. I could say the same thing about Squid Wood, but I have a bias for that episode and I can't hate it. I've never liked this one much and even less today. It's not horrible but still bad enough to make the list. But there's one episode following a similar road that's actually way worse than this one. We just have yet to get there.

39 (2) / 38. Rule of Dumb

qsShSmG.jpg?1

57 points. 4 out of 23 lists. (Highest Ranking: #3 - @Wumbo )

A starfish from the Royal Ministry comes to visit Patrick for a delivery. After Patrick opens his rockhe thinks the starfish is a librarian and has come for all of his overdue library books. Patrick runs to SpongeBob's house and cries about it. SpongeBob covers for Patrick by coming up to the man and greeting him. The starfish then asks SpongeBob if he knows Patrick, but SpongeBob lies and says: "No, I do not know any starfish!" in surprise and shock. When the starfish announces he has a gift for Patrick, which is a crown; Patrick dashes out of SpongeBob's house and grabs his gift. He starts chewing it and licking it, and announces it is a terrible-tasting gift. The starfish explains it is an item to wear, not to eat. Patrick is pleased when he gets the shiny crown. The starfish explains that he had uncovered a family tree showing Patrick to be descended from a king thus making him the official king.

SpongeBob becomes Patrick's servant and shows a treaty to the other Bikini Bottomites whenever Patrick takes something from them. SpongeBob assists Patrick firstly by going to the Krusty Krab and ordering for Patrick when Mr. Krabs looks at Patrick in shock and comes to him in a happy way. But SpongeBob is thrown away by Mr. Krabs and Patrick orders for himself with 10 Krabby Patties, a large fries, and a shake; Mr. Krabs lays out a buffet for him on the table consisting plates of Krabby Patties, a dozen shakes, and fries. Soon, Patrick requests for more ketchup, but Mr. Krabs tells him to pay a bill instead. Patrick then states that he has no money and anything he gets is free. Mr. Krabs gets upset at this and kicks both SpongeBob & Patrick out of the restaurant and screams out the front door, "Nobody eats at me restaurant for free, king or no king!," and closes the doors. He then finds a fish with a Krabby Patty and a shake and asks if he was going to eat it, and when the fish says he was planning to, Patrick takes it. Then a nerdy fish, Horace, comes up with a comic book collection, and becomes overjoyed at it especially at one of the comics "Wonder Space Fish," and states his 40-year old life and his comic book collection are complete, but he bumps into Patrick and Patrick takes the comic books, and Horace (who worked his whole life on the comic book collection) becomes sad. When the nerd begins to cry, Patrick laughs viciously, and he exclaims happily that he loves being a king.

Patrick then gets other citizens to line up leading to his rock, which is turned into a magnificent castle, with one of their possessions. After SpongeBob gains a walker from an old man for Patrick, he comes down to give Patrick his opinion on whether to put his plasma screen TV by the fancy egg display or the indoor swimming pool, which is seen shaped like a star, and is obviously known because he is a starfish. Next morning, Squidward wakes up in a good mood. But that is quickly spoiled when he is blown away by the wind inside his house because Patrick is making a crane move his house back a little bit to build a Ferris wheel. Squidward finally explodes after coming out of his house and announces to everyone that Patrick could not be a king because he is much too stupid and tells them that he cannot be a king of anything (except of being a moron). The townspeople believe Squidward and abandon Patrick. Patrick then explodes and requests SpongeBob to attack Squidward. SpongeBob pretends to go to Squidward right away, but really asks Squidward to sign a treaty. But Squidward rolls up the treaty and plugs it into one of SpongeBob's craters just by throwing it.

Patrick's insane and awful attitude inside his castle makes SpongeBob afraid of him, and he slowly walks away, saying he needs to go to the Krusty Krab for work. Realizing that his servant just left him, Patrick goes for a drink. On his way, Patrick looks at himself in the mirror and sees that he is literally turning into a monster. He gets frightened at this sight and goes back to the starfish who made him king. He gives the crown back to the Royal Ministry starfish and rechecks the paper of ancestors who was made to be king. After wiping a stain on the other side of Patrick's family, he realizes that Gary is the one who really has struck royalty. SpongeBob and Patrick become servants and Gary gets the crown. The episode finally ends with a happy and questioning "meow" from Gary.

Jjs: I'm aware Patrick acted like a jerk because of the crown, but that doesn't automatically excuse everything. This episode has been a runner-up for my list before. It hasn't made it on there, but it is close. I find some redeeming parts to it to spare it from my list, but I have no problem seeing it here. Patrick is just really unlikable, even if it is the crown, I didn't find any of his antics amusing. Also, pretty sure King Neptune would have a problem with a king of Bikini Bottom, but whatever.

SOF: If I am to find any episode boring and lazy, it'd be this one. This made my list, although relatively low. I don't like how bossy Patrick was and his antics were pretty boring, which is the worst thing I can say about it. Boring is just my biggest problem with this episode. I know some people outright hate this, but to me, it's just not good. The idea wasn't terrible, but it could've been better if Patrick didn't act like an unlikable jerk. This isn't the worst to me, but to me, it's just boring & lazy, IMO.

39 (3) / 38. Yeti Krabs

iKPbtXq.jpg?1 

57 points. 3 out of 23 lists. (Highest Ranking: #2 - @Grubby Grouper )

Squidward is sleeping at the Krusty Krab while reading Boredom Weekly. Mr. Krabs wakes him up, they go through a discussion about Squidward's working habits at the Krusty Krab. Squidward believes he has no problem with work, and does not care about what Mr. Krabs has to say. Then, SpongeBob comes out of the kitchen, working by, sweeping, and cleaning the windows. He then stretches his body very far from the windows to the kitchen to clean the dishes. While doing this, he continues sweeping with his lower body. Mr. Krabs is pleased with SpongeBob, and continues to harp on Squidward's work habits, while SpongeBob uses his back to clean the Krusty Krab walls and ceiling. Mr. Krabs tries to have Squidward clean an air duct, but SpongeBob beats him to it, while Squidward continues to sit back, lazily. Mr. Krabs then wants him to clean the gum off the underside of the tables. Squidward, again, refuses, and continues to read Boredom Weekly. SpongeBob, once again, beats Squidward, and creates a huge gum ball, and asks if he can give it to Patrick. Mr. Krabs then wants Squidward to clean a pair of his shoes. Squidward says no, while SpongeBob cleans them. Mr. Krabs becomes very angry, but sees SpongeBob outside, soaking up water, and washing a boat, making it shiny, and looking brand new. Mr. Krabs then tells the story about Yeti Krabs, and how it eats lazy employees, like Squidward. SpongeBob becomes alarmed when he hears the story. Upon telling the story, Mr. Krabs dumps his laundry at Squidward's post, and leaves. Squidward leans back relaxing, while SpongeBob panics.

Squidward thinks no Yeti Krab exists, and SpongeBob tries to believe him. But to be safe, SpongeBob transforms himself into washing machine, and cleans Mr. Krabs' laundry on delicate setting. By pulling his nose, and dumping soap flakes in his head, Mr. Krabs' laundry is soon being cleaned. SpongeBob begins to work in overdrive The time cards "Just then..." and "By sheer coincidence..." appear one after another. The camera zooms close to a mountain where a Yeti Krab appears. He smells the air with anger. He walks to Bikini Bottom, and smashes the city's sign that welcomes visitors into the city. He growls fiercely and becomes very mad. He sucks on a mailbox, but spits it out in rage. He growls and yells at a sunglasses shop, but walks away, not destroying it. He becomes hungry, and his stomach yells it needs food. Yeti Krabs hollers in agreement. Suddenly, an aroma appears, and Yeti smells it. Upon smelling the Krusty Krab, he runs excitedly to it. SpongeBob is washing tables, when he sees Yeti Krabs, seething saliva out of his mouth. He runs to Squidward's boat. Yeti walks up to the counter, but Squidward thinks it is Mr. Krabs in a suit. SpongeBob does not think this. The Yeti screams at SpongeBob and Squidward, flattening their faces. Squidward, still thinking it is Mr. Krabs, sits back amused. SpongeBob becomes more scared of Yeti, and begins to set up places for him to sit. He leans against a table, to find it is very wobbly. Panicking, SpongeBob places many wedges under it, to stable it, and make it Yeti Krabs height.

Yeti is a little mad, so SpongeBob goes and looks at the mustard. It is nearly empty, so he puts more mustard in the container. He puts so much in, it overflows. He slides under Yeti Krabs, and runs into the kitchen. He rearranges all the spices on the rack. Yeti Krabs sneezes, blowing SpongeBob really hard. SpongeBob bounces off all the walls in the kitchen until he lands unharmed. He is glad that is over with, but looks at the grease trap door. He opens the grease trap, and sucks the grease out using his entire body, and puts it in a barrel. The Yeti Krab sucks on the grease, while SpongeBob shoots extra grease everywhere. He makes Yeti Krabs really mad. Squidward is reading the newspaper, and greasy liquid begins to drip on him. SpongeBob is cleaning the ceiling, and Squidward tells Yeti Krabs, he is annoying, and this has gone too far. Yeti Krabs yells into Squidward's face. Suddenly, Squidward's newspaper burns away. He becomes enraged, and it shows SpongeBob is welding Mr. Krabs' office door. SpongeBob apologizes, and Squidward tells the "truth" about Yeti Krabs. SpongeBob still does not believe him, and tells Yeti Krabs he is going to continue working. SpongeBob carries toilet paper into the restroom. Then, he carries paint to paint the Krusty Krab. Next, he creates paper crane napkins. Then, he knits straws, and puts them into a cup. After this, he prepares soap to wash the floor of the kitchen, and uses a saudering tool to smoothen his grill. He then uses his body to clean under the metal sheeting that had a thin crack between it and the wall. Upon doing this, he vacuums all the tables, and even vacuums Squidward's other newspaper away. Squidward yells to SpongeBob, but SpongeBob is stuck in a trance of where he has to work, or Yeti Krabs will eat him.

SpongeBob then vacuums his hat up, and runs. He slows down, and jumps into Squidward's boat. Yeti Krabs slashes Squidward's newspaper, and SpongeBob jumps up, begging Yeti to not eat him. Yeti Krabs begins to chase SpongeBob around. Squidward, who is fed up with this game, goes out to the dumpster, pulls on a bucket, stomps his feet into two bags, puts dry cement on his arms, and legs, and puts a mop piece on his head. Squidward runs into the dining room, and yells to Yeti Krabs. Yeti Krabs becomes very mad, and yells so loud, he blows Squidward backwards, until he hits the wall. SpongeBob, is very scared, for both Yeti Krabs, and Squidward. His brain blows all the air out of it, and he falls backward, unconscious. Squidward is then seen pulling on Yeti Krabs hair on his head, while Mr. Krabs returns, and says he is back. Squidward is still yanking on Yeti Krabs. Then he sees the real Mr. Krabs, and panics, realizing Yeti Krabs is a real thing. Yeti Krabs grabs Squidward, Mr. Krabs, and SpongeBob, and puts them on the grill, and starts to cook them. Mr. Krabs is mad at Squidward, but SpongeBob regains consciousness, and realizes what Yeti Krabs needs. He opens a can of Emergency Krabby Patties he keeps in his shirt. He cooks them with his feet, and serves them to Yeti Krabs. Yeti Krabs is thrilled, and gives Mr. Krabs money for the patties, to Mr. Krabs' delight. The Yeti Krab walks out of the kitchen, after freeing Mr. Krabs, Squidward, and SpongeBob. Mr. Krabs is mad at Squidward for making the Yeti Krab mad, and SpongeBob then grabs a broom and begins to sweep, and does as Mr. Krabs tells him to do. 

Jjs: Okay, yeah. I kid you not, this is for real. Get it out of your systems now. You're probably asking "WTF is this doing on the list?!" or "How the heck did it make this far with only 3 lists?!" or "This episode isn't that bad...". Seeing this episode on the list shocked me too, honestly. It made two people's bottom 5's which is how it got this high. To me this is the strangest episode to make it on the list. When I was tallying it, I was thinking "no way it would make it this high"... and it did, to my surprise. Now, don't get me wrong. This episode isn't really good, so to speak. It is pretty boring, lazy, and it is yet another Hooky copy. It's a nothing episode in the grand scheme of things. But that's just it: It's a nothing episode. I wouldn't have put this anywhere near any bottom list of mine, because I just don't find it worth dignifying at all. I can see why people would dislike it, but Bottom 5 worthy? I dunno, my suspension of disbelief only goes so far here. Even though I don't agree with its placement on this list, I still invited one of the three stooges who contributed to it being on here for their two cents.

Grubby Grouper: Out of all the pre-SOOW season 9 episodes, this is by far the most disappointing. When season 9 started, I was completely optimistic for all the new episodes. I wanted this episode to be good, but to this date it's one of the only episodes I find genuinely boring. It's the sequel to Hooky that nobody asked for. (Fortunately it was redeemed later in the season with Pull up a Barrel.) Now about the actual episode. Some of the gags worked, others were just annoying, but as far as the story it was way too predictable. From the minute the Yeti Krab appeared, the rest of the plot was obvious, from Squidward thinking it's Mr. Krabs to the resolution of serving him a krabby patty instead. As predictable as it is, it somehow still manages to be forgettable;  I had to rewatch it just to review it. Heck, the most insulting part of it is that we waited an entire year for it since the last new episode and got this. I'm being tougher on this episode than I expected to be, but really my entire list was hard to choose. In my opinion this was the lowest peak of the new episodes, it seems without it there would be nearly no distinction between quality in pre and post SOOW, and for that I still respect this episode.

• Like 3

Spongehenge why :(

The Thing: Eh

RoD: I can see that, not on my list but eh

YK: I see grubby's reasons but it makes it seem more like a 20 spot at the most depending on how he sees other eps :S

Spongehenge - Another one to put it on my guilty pleasure category, it's a badly-written episode but I enjoyed it just for how depressing, dark and creepy it was. I love episodes like this, except for one that made my list that I'll prob mention later.

The Thing - This was a lame episode but I've seen worse. Definitely a right spot as #39

Rule of Dumb - Ok, I know people still hate it for Patriclk but honestly, I didn't mind him, well anymore at least. He was a jerk but that was the whole point imo. It was meant for him to realize how monster he was. I liked the concept of the episode and I think the execution was handled well. The plot was pretty well-written and I enjoyed most of this episode. It could have used more jokes but still it was a good time.

Yeti Krabs - Yeah, this one is a shocker. I can see why some people find this to be forgettable. I think it's a decent episode, tho gotta admit it's not something I'd rewatch but as #2, I can think of a lot of worse episodes than this tbh.

I could see Yeti Krabs as maybe fighting for a bottom fifty spot, but it's definitely rated too high where it is. It's certainly not a good episode, but on the edge of the top 40 is pushing it. Everything else is pretty accurate to where it was placed imo.

• Like 1

Rodeo Daze - Eh, no opinion but it's kinda lame though.

A Gift of Gum - It's not bad, good episode.

Funny Pants - Good episode, that ending always makes me laugh.

inSPONGIAC - Love this one <3

The Thing - Awful, only episode in S4 I truly hate along with another ep.

The Card - Yeah, a pretty bad episode that represents on how the quality of the show was rock bottom at this point. Not awful but this episode was pretty bad.
Ugh, Patrick.

Tentacle Vision - It was fine. :P

Spongehenge - Awful.

Rule of Dumb - A good episode which I do not get the blatant hate for.

Yeti Krabs - What? This episode is fine imo lol

Edited by Loopers
more eps to review i forgot :p

Spongehenge - Dang, you guys nailed it. I've always just found this episode tedious to watch.

The Thing - Boring. Just...boring. That's how I've always felt about it.

Rule of Dumb - This episode and Driven to Tears still make up my most disliked episode pairing of Season 4. THAT'S OUR PATRICK, HE'S AN UNFUNNY A-HOLE. No no no.

Didn't see Yeti Krabs.

Spongehenge is lame and confusing. Next...

Okay, even with Season 4 I can't really be too harsh on the worse episodes, and as such I find "The Thing" and "Rule of Dumb" to be rather overhated. Many of the people who complain about Patrick being an absolute jerk completely missed the point. It was a joke-filled way of conveying how power can affect anyone into an egotistical monster if handled poorly, and Patrick was simply fitting for the role. It's not like many episodes where he does it for no reason other than to be mean, it's the plot that the story was based around and managed to convey an excellent message. The Thing's more justified in dislike, but even there it seems like most ignored basic facts about the story to fit the ideal of "Squidward was being unjustly abused" by forgetting that the entire situation he got into was accidental and SpongeBob and Patrick were, in their ways, successfully caring for him as an unknown animal, and even saving him when he was captured in the zoo, despite police interference. I liked it better if it was only SpongeBob and Patrick that were annoying him in "Jellyfishing" rather than the cops, but it's at least a structured, justified story that's passable.

Also, don't get why Yeti Krabs would be one's #2 simply for disappointment, but that's just life. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Gone - It's a pretty bad episode, but not offensive.
InSPONGEiac - You know. (#6)
The Cent of Money - This one is absolutely awful. I regret not putting it on my own list.
Sun Bleached - It's okay. Craig is a jerk, but the episode as a whole is fine.
The Card - It's really bad, but it's not outright despicable.
Tentacle-Vision - This one is awful too. If I had to make a bottom 40, it would be on it.
SpongeHenge - This one is bad, but it'd be better if it had some kind of resolution.
The Thing - I probably should hate this, but I just find it pretty funny these days.
Rule of Dumb - I utterly despise this episode. I have since I first watched it. Patrick is too despicable for words, and it's just painfully unfunny. (#14)
Yeti Krabs - This one was close to making my list. I can think of very few episodes as pointless and cookie-cutter as this one.

Spoiler

My List (As Far as You Guys Know)

14. Rule of Dumb (#38 on the list)

10. Bummer Vacation (#49 on the list)
6. InSPONGEiac (#45 on the list)

37 (1). Summer Job

VgROUNz.jpg?1 

59 points. 6 out of 23 lists. (Highest Ranking: #9 - @Fred Rechid )

It's the end of the year at Mrs. Puff's Boating School and SpongeBob tries to give her a note. Then, after trying to avoid the note in any way, Mrs. Puff drives away and accidentally wrecks the Krusty Krab's doors when the note was in Mrs. Puff's eyes, while trying to escape SpongeBob and his note. To pay off the damage she caused, Mrs. Puff works as a cashier at The Krusty Krab, while Mr. Krabs gives Squidward a summer off vacation. SpongeBob teaches Mrs. Puff what to do, and disguises himself as the Duke (customer) ordering food. He asks for beans on toast and Mrs. Puff tries to write the order in a note, but SpongeBob whispers her to tell the Duke they don't serve beans on toast. Mrs. Puff gets annoyed, but then, a real customer comes to the Krusty Krab and Mrs. Puff takes the order. SpongeBob tells her that she's doing good. She tries to give the customer a Krabby Patty, but she trips on a barrel and wrecks the Krusty Krab. Mrs. Puff and SpongeBob, somehow, rolled the barrel into the ceiling and both fall down in the ground. She runs away, and rips SpongeBob's note. Mrs. Puff is arrested for this. Mrs. Puff believes that she will never see SpongeBob for many years but she is sent to the prison's Driver's Ed. class. At first, she is pleased to be in an easy class until she sees the teacher, who unfortunately, was SpongeBob. SpongeBob taped the note back together and showed her the true message. He was just trying to tell her that he was becoming a temporary boating school teacher for the summer. Mrs. Puff wants to escape, but is stopped by the police man, and she screams in terror.

Jjs: This made my list once again. Just a really annoying and unfunny episode from start to finish. This is one of the few episodes where I was annoyed from start to finish by. Part of that is due to how extremely annoying SpongeBob acts, so that made it hard to really enjoy any of his antics. I just felt bad for Mrs. Puff the whole time (and also part of the reason I had no problem with her snapping in Demolition Doofus, but that's a story for another day). The whole Kruff scene was also pretty lame. They had a perfect chance for continuity and wasted it. Heck, give me a Krusty Love sequel over 11 Minutes of Mrs. Puff Humiliating Herself While SpongeBob Is Irritating, the more appropriate title for this episode. I think its placement is fine on this list.

Fred: Yeah, I thought this episode was pretty poor. First, I'm just going to get the Kruff complaint out of the way. I do like how they callback to "Krusty Love", but I hate how they treat it. Mrs. Puff suggests that they go out on a date, but Mr. Krabs shoots it down because he wants her to work for the Krusty Krab. My main issue with this episode though is SpongeBob. His behavior in this episode annoyed me so much in this episode. And of course Mrs. Puff had to be arrested for the millionth time again.

37 (2). Penny Foolish

OkRl5AW.jpg?1 

59 points. 7 out of 23 lists. (Highest Ranking: #8 - @The Guy With the Computer )

While at a discount store one day, Mr. Krabs spots SpongeBob picking something up, and Mr. Krabs thinks it is a perfectly good penny, but he decides it was just a penny, so he forces himself to forget about it. But on the way home from town, every time he sees something circular, he keeps having visions of pennies, and becomes obsessed. The next day at work, he asks SpongeBob if he found anything, only for SpongeBob to reply that he found a brand new day, not a penny. Time and time again he tries to crack SpongeBob to give him the penny, like having him check all his pockets, and shaking him upside down but instead gets SpongeBob's brain out, until he finally builds a theater behind the Krusty Krab, and he makes admission a penny, so he will get SpongeBob's penny, but he does not have one, so in frustration, he destroys the theater. Mr. Krabs decides he will have a show at the Krusty Krab, to show how he does not have a penny, but SpongeBob still does not have one, so Mr. Krabs breaks. Later, he breaks into SpongeBob's house with a metal detector to find the penny, and when SpongeBob comes in, he shows him it was not a penny, but a chewed up piece of gum, for his gum collection. Mr. Krabs leaves and SpongeBob discovers that it is a five hundred dollar bill. Meanwhile, Mr. Krabs is still digging for the penny, all over Bikini Bottom.

Jjs: This episode is...difficult for me to talk about. I don't love, hate, dislike, or like it, it's just a "there" Season 6 episode for me. It's a stupid premise, but honestly, it ranges on the So Bad, It's Good territory for me that it really spares me from disliking it. I dunno, I have to commend the writers for going all the way with such a strange idea. I still don't like it per-say, but they had an...interesting experiment. Or maybe they were just really running out of ideas in Season 6. Probably both. Eh, still doesn't bug me as much as it should. That being said, there's a lot in it I can see people rightfully hating it over. The humor is definitely out there in some parts (SpongeBob's brain falling out...what?), Mr. Krabs is pretty annoying, and the ending was kind of a slap in the face.

Trophy: I have to say this one escaped my list, but should it have? I do have to say Penny Foolish is quite a bad episode in terms of the Mr. Krabs loves money argument, and the fact that we've seen him with a lot of pennies before so this makes it seem like he's a poor bastard more than anything else if I must say. Going mentally insane and breaking and entering SB's house....even giving up a golden tooth which should have earned a lot of pennies....WHAT? The ending was a slap in the face too, not just the $500 part, but Mr. Krabs illegally (to my guess anyways) vandalizing (if you can call it that) SpongeBob's rightful property just for a penny....he's gonna lose a lot of pennies for the fine or bail, I'll say that now. Given all that, it seems like it deserves it, right? Welll.....I have to disagree. This episode isn't the worst offender of bad episodes, it is definitely "bad", but I would consider this around 50, definitely off the list, let alone being in some people's bottom 25 to get on here in the first place. Then again it is one of the more understandable episodes on the list so far, so I can't really complain on this making it at all.

37 (3). Plankton's Regular

71koq1J.jpg?1 

59 points. 4 out of 23 lists. (Highest Ranking: #5 - @Clappy )

Plankton is once again complaining about how he has no customers, with Karen being annoyed by the constant whining. Nat Peterson instantly comes in and asks for a Chum Stick. Plankton at first thinks he is kidding, then Nat says he was serious, then Plankton gives Nat the Chum Stick. After Nat eats the Chum Stick, he says the Chum Stick was so good, he would come back the next day. Plankton is overjoyed at the fact, and brags to Karen, who is barely shaken by the fact (A possible clue that Karen is actually paying Nat). Plankton decides to wait with a Chum Stick for Nat. Eight hours later, Plankton wakes up by the clock and realizes it's closing time, and concludes that it was not true that Nat was coming back. However, at that moment, Nat appears. Plankton gives him the chum he had been saving, which Nat thinks is perfect after he looks like it was a very appalling meal. Nat says he will come back the next day and the next week, telling Plankton he has a regular customer on his hands.

At the Krusty Krab, Mr. Krabs is bowling, using his money as the bowling balls and pins. Plankton appears, and Mr. Krabs tries to squish him with a spoon. Plankton assures Mr. Krabs that he doesn't need to compete with the Krusty Krab anymore since he now has a regular customer. Mr. Krabs laughs at him, and shows off all his customers eating Krabby Patties. Then Nat appears asking Plankton for another Chum Stick in front of Mr. Krabs. Nat carries Plankton back to the Chum Bucket, with Plankton mocking Mr. Krabs and insulting him. Mr. Krabs explains the situation to SpongeBob, and orders him to get Nat to eat food from the Krusty Krab and not at the Chum Bucket. Every attempt is unsuccessful, first when SpongeBob simply shows Nat a Krabby Patty, which Nat immediately doesn't like just by smelling it, secondly, SpongeBob fakes a trip off of a rock holding Nat and pretending the Krabby Patty is coming straight for his mouth, thirdly, SpongeBob transforms into Karen and pretends to give Nat a chum stick which is a Krabby Patty, he ties up and gags Karen so they won't notice him, fourthly, Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob trick Nat into going into a shortcut leading to the Chum Bucket which really leads to the Krusty Krab, they make chum Nat doesn't like. Mr. Krabs bursts into tears, saying that he cannot afford Plankton to have even just one customer. SpongeBob says that if he wants Nat to eat at the Krusty Krab, he will have to make chum as good as Plankton. This gives Mr. Krabs the idea to steal the chum recipe.

That night, Mr. Krabs sneaks into the Chum Bucket trying to steal Plankton's recipe but Plankton catches him with the spoon security system. SpongeBob then grabs Plankton and starts talking about irony of the situation, but Plankton then uses the spoon security system on SpongeBob. After Plankton reveals the name of his system, Karen shows, on screen, that Nat is heading for the Chum Bucket with a fortune. Nat comes back telling Plankton that the Chum made him sick twice, since Nat only pretended to like the food so Karen would pay him, so that Plankton would stop complaining. Because of this, Plankton feels miserable again, and realizes that he never had a regular customer. SpongeBob tells Mr. Krabs to escape, but he decides to stay and laugh at Plankton's misery, which Mr. Krabs enjoys seeing Plankton cry.

Jjs: I have to say, I'm surprised at how little lists this one made this year. Much like several other episodes, maybe the hate for this one is dying off in favor of another hated Plankton episode? But to actually talk about this one, it never bugged me as much as others...BUT, it's not really good either. Even though it didn't make my list, it definitely has its flaws. It's a shame, this episode has honestly a pretty interesting concept for its time in this era of Season 6. The execution unfortunately, is severely is pretty lacking. The ending is probably the worst part of the whole episode, and is up there for probably one of the weakest conclusions to an episode. It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth, because deep down...you kind of feel sorry for Plankton. He just wanted one customer. Only one. But nope. And Mr. Krabs' attitude doesn't really help. 

WhoBob: Believe it or not, I personally think Plankton was the highlight of season 6. You know why? Because the episodes didn't focus on Plankton stealing the formula (Chum Caverns, Chum Bucket Supreme, Spongicus) and when they focus on it, they manage to add more into those episodes (Single Cell Anniversary, Krabby Road and Komputer Overload). However, this was a bad Plankton episode. Too bad it actually had potential. Here's the thing. This could have been a really interesting episode about Plankton having one costumer and Mr. Krabs trying to stop him; such a cool concept. Except they screwed this up pretty badly. The episode lacked the good sense of humor. Most of jokes were really disgusting. I mean seeing SpongeBob's skin peeled was so gross. Other times, it was just SpongeBob being annoying (I liked Karen impersonation joke tho). They don't do much with this. It's just tasteless. When we get to the end, we find out that Karen has been paying the costumer to eat Plankton, so Plankton couldn't feel miserable. I would honestly prefer that Plankton actually screwed this up just like Chum Bucket Supreme and I could have let Plankton being sad slide but I really disliked how the twist turned out. I actually felt bad for Plankton because all he wanted was to have one costumer, he didn't wanna steal the formula either and Mr. Krabs laughing at Plankton makes it even worse. With such a cool concept like this, it could have turned out just as great as other Plankton episodes I mentioned but the potential was wasted and we got a big slap in the face.

• Like 6

Summer Job - This escaped my list but still it's just Mrs Puff version of Boating Buddies, except this one has less jokes (I did actually laugh at Boating Buddies at some parts) and SB was so obnoxious. Tbh I'd be fine with the lack of Kruff since the show has no continuty, except here it seems like they know Kruff exists and the joke about that in the episode became a bit insulting since they had no chemistry whatsoever. Either make a good callback or don't.

Penny Foolish - What was said was already said. The episode is annoying af.

• Like 1

Summer Job - I don't really remember this one as much, but I can't say this encourages me to rewatch it all that much.

Penny Foolish - Not a fan of Mr. Krab acting overly greedy in any ep and this is offender #1. I don't dislike it as much as I used to, but that isn't saying much.

Plankton's Regular - Honestly, I kinda like this one. The concept was good and while it isn't a high-quality Plankton episode, I still like that they went out of the box for a concept other than stealing the formula. I do agree with others that the conclusion is really weak and it dampens things undoubtedly, but idk I just don't really dislike it, but that's just me I guess.

• Like 1

37 (1). My main problem with this episode is that they reversed the roles of SpongeBob and Mrs. Puff but didn't switch their personalities, so you have a sane employee who's being taught by an absolute idiot instead of the other way around.

37 (2). In addition to Mr. Krabs' greed, this episode has terribly slow pacing (they even resort to repeating a scene with very little changes.)

37 (3). I don't care for this episode at all. It doesn't really stand out to me in that regard.