195a. SpongeBob LongPants

Jjs Goodman

Rating?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. What would you give the episode?

• 5/5 Pants: There goes a real man.
    • 4/5 Pants: "Is that my daddy?" "I wish..."
    • 3/5 Pants: Time for me to move on...
    • 2/5 Pants: I don't think I'm ready for long pants...
    • 1/5 Pants: SpongeBob's got long pants on, and you've got...none.

k24cCq1.jpg

Premieres

Monday, February 15th (President's Day) @ 7:00pm ET/PT

Encores:

Friday, February 19th @ 7:45pm ET/PT

Saturday, February 20th @ 10:30am ET/PT

Plot:

When SpongeBob gets a pair of long pants, they change his life in unexpected ways.

Clips:

1.) 

2.) http://www.ew.com/article/2016/02/10/spongebob-squarepants-long-pants 

3.) http://www.nick.com/videos/clip/spongebob-squarepants-195a-clip.html

Not sure how to feel on this one right now. It basically sounds like a remake of "To SquarePants or Not to SquarePants" (which I wasn't really a fan of), but who knows. Kaz is writing it, and I enjoyed his previous episode a lot, so I'll hold hope it might surprise me.

• Like 2

"Is that my daddy?" "I wish."

That line... it still gets me. :laugh: 

I dunno, I think this episode at least looks entertaining enough for me to enjoy (I cracked a smile a few times while watching the preview), but we'll see. :P 

• Like 1

Oh hey look, a Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy billboard, even if they said they're not going to have episodes with them anymore at least we have little cameos like this. Though omg another MM&BB movie like the Motion Picture ep.

And lol SpongeBob being tricked by a con man again. He really does look good with pants. It's kinda weird bc while he was wearing round pants he THOUGHT everyone didn't recognize him (except Patrick but you know him) but in this one the citizens actually don't, they call him a man. 

"Are you an angel?"

Wow seeing SB actually get tired of the Krusty Krab kinda seems OOC for how crazy he loves it in post-movie. Kinda reminds me of As Seen On Tv. Lol this music and mirror world SB. <3 It's kinda weird seeing SB not going to Boating School. It's kinda like Porous Pockets but SB isn't full of himself. SpongeBob standing up for his friends ruled. Mr. Krabs cutting off SB's legs and not knowing they grew back is great. 

SPONGEBOB GOT HIS LICENSE... for a short time though he got one in Gone too but he made it himself. 

A good episode that I thought didn't feel awkward or anything, will have to rewatch to see how I fully feel about it. 

Edited by Cha
  • Like 1

It was not at all bad, but I feel like we didn't need this episode. We saw SpongeBob hanging out with snobs in Porous Pockets and we saw him change his behaviour because of his pants in TSONTS. Also most jokes were about people calling him a man because of the long pants, which got old fast. By far not as fresh and original as it's partner episode. Good thing Kaz wrote it.

• Like 1

GRAVITY FALLS FINALE

This was a nice episode to be honest. It wasn't that funny to me but I was invested into plot of SpongeBob trying a different life style. I found it to be amusing, not the mention all of these hot SpongeBob moments. The pacing was pretty well balanced and it didn't bother me much. If there's one moment that I really find it so funny, that's Mrs. Puff's appearance, that made the whole episode imo. I also find it interesting, yet strange that there's a Mermaid Man and Barnacle reboot, I mean Mermaid Man didn't technically die in the series and they already had brought back Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy, If you remember their first episode in the sertes. I dunno, it's strange.

This wasn't as funny and entertaining as The Sewers of Bikini Bottom but it's another good one by Kaz.

Grade: B

• Like 1

This episode was so much better than "To SquarePants or Not to SquarePants" it wasn't even funny. What was funny however, was the humor. This episode had a lot of great gags (Mrs. Puff's reaction to SpongeBob passing the driver's test, "Is that my daddy?", The Table movie, etc.) that fit the episode and were genuinely funny, making me smile a bit. I also liked the callback to "Le Big Switch" (intentional or not) with SpongeBob working at Fancy! again, even if it was brief. I also liked the whole "mature SpongeBob" perspective went for in this episode, even if he didn't like it, it was something different we never really have touched on in this series before. That being said, it wasn't a totally original episode, since it did use themes from "To SquarePants or Not to SquarePants" and a bit of "Porous Pockets", but it thankfully ended up being much better than those two. Not a fantastic episode, but it was good. 

I also assume the Mermaid Man movie is their way of still including the characters in the series, even if they won't physically appear. Bittersweet, but it was nice they did that.

Grade: B+

• Like 3

I thought it was a really good episode and really funny what with SpongeBob suddenly becoming hot, that one moment of him "swearing", Mrs. Puff sensing he got his driver's license, and the whole "SpongeRobert" thing. I also enjoyed SpongeBob's regenerative abilities coming into play at the end of the episode. So I really liked it and thought it was a good episode.

The one thing that bugged me was SpongeBob being disappointed that there wasn't a clown at the party, even though in past episodes, SpongeBob was terrified of clowns.

I finally got around to watching it. Hilarious. Honestly my favorite of the post-SOOW episodes.

My favorite part was either the table art house movie or SpongeBob not being allowed to watch the Mermaid Man movie because of his pants.

I can't wait for future Kaz episodes. The two he's written thus far have been fantastic.

Edited by Teamwork
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, NegiSpongie said:

I thought it was a really good episode and really funny what with SpongeBob suddenly becoming hot, that one moment of him "swearing", Mrs. Puff sensing he got his driver's license, and the whole "SpongeRobert" thing. I also enjoyed SpongeBob's regenerative abilities coming into play at the end of the episode. So I really liked it and thought it was a good episode.

The one thing that bugged me was SpongeBob being disappointed that there wasn't a clown at the party, even though in past episodes, SpongeBob was terrified of clowns.

Well, there's rarely continuty in the show.

• Like 1

The episode was kinda boring. SB still looks really cool in those pants, but I was waiting something else, without MM and BB included (Sorry, not a big fan of them) I need to rewatch, anyway, to have a better understanding.

The atmosphere of this episode was kinda like SpongeBob you're fired. Because it was a "calm" episode. I liked the voice of SB.

Sandy always caring about SpongeBob was kinda cute, she remembered to buy tickets for him.

And the others characters are just like they are post first-movie, nothing special.

Oh well, I guess I'm getting old.

Kinda weird seeing something I wrote in a Spandy fic kinda happen, SB don't wanted his clothes getting dirty, but they got dirty anyway... And the first place they got dirty was in the Krusty Krab with ketchup, and then in the street:P Coincidence I guess... hehe :T Wanted to work on SpongeBob so bad! :'(