• Advertisement

Rodger Bumpass Arrested for DUI

Cha

*insert joke here*

On a serious note, I'm not going to give the guy flack for what is, simply put, a stupid decision. We all make mistakes. What's important is that nobody was hurt. I'm sure Rodger is a wise enough guy to learn from this and prevent it from occurring again. :) 

• Like 8

Honestly I don't want him to get bailed for at least 1 or 2 month. If he did make such a bad crime, he has to pay his punishment. Later he should get bailed. Besides, we are getting new episodes slowly anyway, so it won't make too much difference or they just don't add Squidward into episodes for a while. 

1 minute ago, katnisslovestacos said:

I think some of y'all are overreacting. Driving while drunk is dumb but I don't think he'll be fired lol

Yeah I don't think they're gonna retire his character or replace him. It's not too bad of a crime and he just screwed up. He'll learn from this.

It's not like he performed illegal activities with a small child. A DUI is bad, yes, but not bad enough for Nickelodeon to fire him. Maybe we'll get a few episodes without Squidward. (I'd like to see more Sandy episodes personally.)

Well, thank goodness for that. I wasn't worried at all. I mean, you might as well cancel the show if you're gonna take out Squidward. Of course even if he did perform something worse that got him fired, the network would probably just replace him with another actor than retire the character.

1 hour ago, Face said:

It's not like he performed illegal activities with a small child. A DUI is bad, yes, but not bad enough for Nickelodeon to fire him. Maybe we'll get a few episodes without Squidward. (I'd like to see more Sandy episodes personally.)

Or they have sixteen years worth of audio footage that they can just insert in as actual dialogue.  Wouldn't be able to tell the difference since Squidward's dialogue really hasn't changed much over the years.

But yeah, bad Boating Buddies joke aside from me earlier (God I'm cringing at it already.  It's a new record.), a DUI isn't going to get him fired or the character retired.  Celebrities getting DUIs isn't a career threatening transgression.  If anything, Nickelodeon will just make him attend AA meetings and/or the state will suspend his drive license and he'll have to go to driving school.  A slap on the wrist in terms of extremities over what could possibly go wrong.  I just hope this doesn't happen again to him because otherwise, people will start to think he has a drinking problem.  I just pray that he learned from his mistake and pays whatever fines and accepts his punishment and moves on from this.

• Like 2

I don't think they'd fire him unless he committed a serious crime or if he was a danger to the crew. I think what they're gonna do is either wait until the trial to see what to do or do what Clappy said.

Edited by Teamwork

Looks like Spongebob drove Squidward to drink.

On a more serious note, while this isn't the worst crime he could've committed, it was still a dumb thing to do. Hopefully, he'll think twice next time.

Edited by Kitty

He might be talked to by someone at Nick, but I honestly can't imagine them giving Rodger a harder time than that. Of course it's not smart to DUI but it's definitely not the worst crime he commit. Just get bailed out and move on with life. Plus the article doesn't say or anyone getting hurt or anything damaged, so that's good.