• Advertisement

My top 15 favorite TV shows

Katniss

12. “Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.”

The Office

rat0751.gif

I’m not sure if I’d want to work at Dunder-Mifflin, but I surely did enjoy watching the escapades that went on there during The Office. This show is so quotable and has a bunch of great moments like Pam getting drunk at the Dundies or Michael turning into Prison Mike for an episode. Who would’ve thought that a mockumentary about the lives of a bunch of paper company employees would be so entertaining? I gotta hand it to this great cast as well as their sharp writing team for a fairly solid show, even after Steve Carell left and took the magic of Michael Scott with him.

• Like 3

I loved The Office! I stopped during season 6 though so I probably wouldn't put it in my top 15 (which I might do and steal from you because that's what I do).

feel free to steal, I'd love to know what your top shows are    ^_^

11. “Texas forever.”

Friday Night Lights

anigif_enhanced-buzz-9366-1376024187-10.

I enjoy watching sports. But even if I didn’t like sports, I’m sure I’d still find something to love about FNL. It’s more than just a show about high school football players and cheerleaders. It’s about family, friends, love, loss, and a little ol’ town called Dillon, Texas. I adore the characters so much, especially Coach and Tami Taylor, who I would love to adopt me. (Still love my real parents tho ;) )  And you want feels? Well oh boy will this show give you the feels. It’s great, underrated television in my eyes.

• Like 2

Wasn't TeenNick airing that? SMH it reminded me of a poorly acted soap opera.

I hope it was replaced on their schedule by Degrassi reruns.

I'm serious. If you don't have anything nice to say about my choices then shut up. You're not funny.

• Like 3

10. Welcome to the real world. It sucks. You're gonna love it.”

Friends

tumblr_mheisqZBU61rgg2h8o1_500.gif

So no one told you life was gonna be this way, huh? At the beginning of Friends, Ross, Monica, Rachel, Joey, and Phoebe are a bunch of twentysomethings who don’t really have an idea of what they’re doing, but they’re gonna figure it out--and hilarity definitely ensues. I think this show is one of the comedic classics. There are so many great episodes and individual moments that I still enjoy no matter how many times I watch them: "Pivot!", the one with Rachel's prom video, Monica getting the turkey stuck on her head, I could go on. Even though the Ross and Rachel saga did frustrate me at times, I think Friends did a decent job of handling romance, and I’m glad Joey and Phoebe weren’t paired off at the end just to pair all the friends together. I’ll always be there for Chandler’s quips, Joey’s goofy nature, Ross’s dorkiness, Phoebe’s eccentricities, Monica’s snark and type-A attitude, and Rachel’s ditziness that gave way to character development.

• Like 2

9. “I'm a damsel, but not the distressed kind, one who's very together and in complete control of her own destiny.”

Boy Meets World

Cory-Shawn-boy-meets-world-32227418-500-

When I first heard that Girl Meets World was going to be a thing, I freaked out, because I love BMW so much. This is such a great coming-of-age show. I love how its serious episodes felt so mature and not like cheesy Very Special Episodes like other 90s sitcoms would do. I laughed and cried as I watched Corey, Shawn, and Topanga evolve, all while Mr. Feeny stayed one of the best fictional teachers ever. Unlike some shows, as it went on, Boy Meets World got better and better.

The next three entries on this list will be cartoons...see if you can guess what they'll be :smirk: 
  • Like 3