• Advertisement

My top 15 favorite TV shows

Katniss

15. “Oy with the poodles, already!”

Gilmore Girls

lorelai-rory-mother-daughter-gilmore-gir

I may not be a huge fan of ABC Family’s programming nowadays but a few years ago, I was hooked on the channel not only for its original programming like The Secret Life of the American Teenager and Make It or Break It, but also for its reruns. That’s how I was introduced to the fast-talking wonder of Gilmore Girls. After watching a few episodes out of boredom and curiosity, early teen Katniss found herself fascinated by the mother and daughter/best friends Lorelai and Rory Gilmore as well as the various cast of characters who made up their world. The show has had its ups and downs in terms of quality for me but it never fails to make me smile with its wit and heart. Rewatching this show is like hanging out with a dear old friend.

• Like 1

I just watched Gilmore Girls last summer! I love it so much, it's already among my favorites too.

Awesome! I'm so glad the show's on Netflix now so more people can enjoy it.

Are you team Dean, Jess, or Logan because I just gotta know :P

Awesome! I'm so glad the show's on Netflix now so more people can enjoy it.

Are you team Dean, Jess, or Logan because I just gotta know :P

Team Paris

I don't have a really strong opinion because I was waaaay more interested in Lorelai. When I watched the show the first time I really liked Dean and wasn't a big fan of Jess. I think that's mostly because I was already familiar with Jared Padalecki and find him cuter. :) When I rewatch and see old clips and gifs and stuff like that though, I think overall I'm probably Team Jess because when I really look at it Dean was super annoying and needy. Logan was alright but kind of a non-factor to me.

14. “Whenever I’m sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead.”

How I Met Your Mother

tumblr_ma4gtx1tS51rg1b79o1_500.gif

Robin Sparkles, slap bets, MacLaren’s...all of these are big parts of what makes this show so great. HIMYM has a premise that seems simple enough, with a man telling his children the story of how he and their mother met. However, intertwined with Ted’s search for love are various adventures with his friends Barney, Marshall, Lily, and Robin, all interesting characters in their own right that add something special to the show. It’s got plenty of laughs going for it and the emotional moments can tug at your heartstrings. While the final season wasn’t the best and I did not enjoy the way things ended, I can still say that this series was a ton of fun.

• Like 5

13. "Having fun isn’t hard when you’ve got a library card!”

Arthur

tumblr_msi2qectwh1reugqko1_500.png

It doesn’t have detailed story arcs or awesome fight scenes, but that doesn’t stop Arthur from being one of the finest kids’ cartoons around. I love the way it tackled issues like divorce, autism, and the trauma after a major event (the school fire in “April 9th”, a clear 9/11 parallel) with maturity even though the show was targeted to a young audience. However, though it’s a PBS Kids show, Arthur is pretty smart, with jokes that audiences of all ages will enjoy. And I’m sure no musical episode of a TV show can top “Arthur’s Almost Live Not Real Music Festival”. When it comes to watching Arthur, it’s always a wonderful kind of day.

• Like 4