• Advertisement

193b. What's Eating Patrick?

Jjs Goodman

Rating?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What did you think of the episode?

• 5/5 Stars: I bewieve in you, Patwick!
    • 4/5 Stars: You're going up against the best, so you have to be the best!
    • 3/5 Stars: Let's see how your tummy handles these patties, Mr. Likes To Eat!
    • 2/5 Stars: I smell mutiny...
    • 1/5 Stars: Nobody wants to see a one patty eating contest!

I kind of liked this one a lot as well, and might be my 2nd favorite 9.2 episode so far, behind Tutor Sauce. Not amazing or anything, but Patrick had a nice and likable role here, and the "Patwick" kid was pretty cute. As CD said, there weren't many laughs, but the plot kept me interested and told a pretty interesting story, even if it was a typical "underdog wins a competition" story. Also, SpongeBob didn't have much screentime in this episode either, glad to see they're experimenting more. The animation was also top-notch as usual.

Grade: B+ 

• Like 2

hillenburgs name on the title cards, I just noticed that <33

Omg patrick talking to the broom and the little boy. The oldish music at times <3 Did that guy have a mom tattoo like in No Weenies Allowed? I couldn't see because I didn't have my glasses lol I'm actually surprised patrick won and wasn't called a loser by Mr. Krabs or anything for not winning.

#PURPLEPERCHRETURNSAGAIN

So a good one for later s9 I guess, didn't feel like they were trying to make Krabs as much of a cheapskate as he usually is. But, once again the beginning was slow paced. But in its' defense they kinda needed to explain the Founders day and that contest eater. 

Also did anyone feel like this reminded them of that Hey Arnold episode

Edited by Cha

This was the best Patrick episode in years. It's so much better than Patrick-Man, which is an episode I also adore. This episode could have used more jokes but I enjoyed watching it so much. The pacing was actually pretty fast and that's what I want to see in new episodes. The animation is marvelous as usual and facial expressions are gold. The credit goes to Patrick, which was his best performance in many years. He was so likeable in this episode, he actually wanted to don't let the injured kid lose his faith, that was so sweet and that's what I want to see Patrick, a sweet starfish. While it's not that funny, it's definetly my favorite second-post-movie episode so far.

Grade: A

It's so great to see Patrick be an honest good guy in this episode, and the kid with the hurt foot, was just SO full of epic "Ahhh!!!!" He almost reminded me of the same feels I got from "Plankton's Pet," another season nine episode I'm really fond of! :) I think this episode might make the top 50 list (it will almost certainly be featured within my next top 25 list for that top 50 list) the next time I make one! Patrick for the win! :swag:Enough said! :D

What this episode lacked in humor, it made up for in plot and stylization. I really loved the heartwarming moments (that kid is so darn cute), and it felt good to have the sweet, lovable oaf side of Patrick return. That's the Patrick I always like to see. The visual gags were great as well! 

Now that I think about it, the "false teeth" part got me pretty good. :P Overall, this episode was decent. 7/10.

• Like 1

I really don't find this title weird at all. I never really thought about it, to be honest.

I know this episode has already aired but

Also, there's an episode of The Angry Beavers called "What's Eating You?" so it's not that random really