• Advertisement

SBC's Top 50 Best Episodes Ever 2015 Edition!

Wumbo

34. Friend or Foe.

I'm sort of with wumbo and nuggets on this one. The emotional connection is the last moment of classic Spongebob. The unreliable narrators gag, Karen telling the real story. Everything was very good except patchy. If you could have an abridged episode without Polly and Patchy I would have definitely put this on my list. But as a self identified Patchy hater, and this being one of this worse apperarances... I have to drop this off my list and only to a good episode.

Still worth watching though although it's hard to find.

Favorite moment: Finding out the Krusty Krab secret recipe has a pinch of chum in it, that was brilliant.

Nugs's commentary was so on point.

Friend or Foe is my favorite SpongeBob special. The Krabs and Plankton backstory is really nice. <3 The Patchy parts aren't the best, but in my mind, they didn't detract from how great the rest of the episode was.

33. "No guts, no glory!"

060b%20-%20Pranks%20a%20Lot%20574.jpg

Pranks a Lot, 72 points

(5 of 26 lists. 1 #1 vote - 4EverGreen)

SpongeBob and Patrick go to the Palace of Pranks, a prank store in search of the ultimate prank. To their delight, the manager named Frank sells them a rare can of invisible paint for just one dollar. Before they use it, Patrick remembers that the paint will stain clothes, and then he and SpongeBob take their clothes off so they aren't stained with the invisible paint. They decide to spray a park bench and sit on it, but get in an argument over who gets to spray the bench. During the fight, they spray each other until "several bad puns later," they are both completely invisible.

After asking a man for the time and accidentally scaring him away, SpongeBob realizes that he and Patrick can pretend to be ghosts and prank the whole town. They pretend to be ghosts and go around frightening everyone (moving things around in Sandy's treedome, eating a cake Mrs. Puff was going to eat, painting a moustache on Squidward's face, etc.), until Mr. Krabs, who "ain't afraid of no ghosts," is the last person in Bikini Bottom to be haunted. They attempt to frighten him and succeed until they attempt to burn a dollar bill. Mr. Krabs' fear is overcome by his love of money, and he attempts to extinguish the match with a bucket of water. The invisible spray is washed off of Patrick and SpongeBob, exposing their identities, and their nudity.

Though embarrassed, Mr. Krabs comforts SpongeBob and Patrick by saying he forgives them and was fond of pulling pranks in his youth. However, when they attempt to leave, the Krusty Krab now contains nearly everyone in Bikini Bottom, and Mr. Krabs showcases the "live, nude pranksters." An extremely embarrassed SpongeBob and Patrick try to cover themselves, and SpongeBob says "We should've bought the whoopee cushion!" as the episode ends.

OMLJ: Yes, I still like this episode. Sorry, Trophy. :P This episode made #16 on my list. While it isn't the best way to end pre-movie, I still think it had some solid jokes to keep it from being bad. I thought the "toast" joke was so random that it was funny. I also liked all the puns for the body parts in this episode which the title card 'Several Bad Puns Later' completes. I still can't hate on this episode no matter how hard I try, it's just a very funny episode.

Wumbo: Hey guys! Remember when there were repercussions for SpongeBob and Patrick's actions? Well, this episode probably has their biggest comeuppance ever, and I absolutely love it. What a great episode this is. It's such a creative premise, and it takes you on a few twists and turns before getting to the main plot, which I love. This episode had heavy consideration for my list, but it didn't end up making it. It's a great episode, but there are simply episodes I think are even greater. Still have trouble wondering how this possibly made the Bottom 50 as well, but at least it scored higher here.

• Like 5

Looking back on this I still hate it, and no watching you beg will not make me give full detail( I find it hilarious actually :P), but now that I think about it it might be tied with TSP as my worst favorite after a re-watch of the latter.

38. I forgot if this one made my list. Quite the classic.

37. THIS ONE. I WAS SO OBSESSED WITH THIS ONE WHEN I WAS FIRST INTRODUCED TO THE SHOW.

36. A good episode. Didn't make my list, but still good.

35. Another classic that I forgot if I put it on my list.

34. Haven't seen this one at all, so...yeah.

33. This one made #12 on my list. I like this episode a lot, and I mean A LOT. It's got lots of great things going for it, just like you'd think the last pre-movie episode would have.

I am HONESTLY the ONLY person here who voted "Pranks a Lot" as number one on MY list?!!!  o.o  o.o  o.o  o.o Oh well, at least I still have commentary on another episode of mine coming up later on this list (but I won't reveal the name of the episode).

I am HONESTLY the ONLY person here who voted "Pranks a Lot" as number one on MY list?!!!  o.o  o.o  o.o  o.o Oh well, at least I still have commentary on another episode of mine coming up later on this list (but I won't reveal the name of the episode).

You liked seeing SpongeBob and Patrick naked, didn't you? :funny:

• Like 3

32. "I've got you now! Wait'll Mr. Krabs finds out you're a... toilet."

Squid_s_Day_Off_32.png

Squid's Day Off, 74 points

(5 of 26 lists. 1 #1 vote - Halibut)

Squidward is waiting for the Krusty Krab to close even though the day hasn't even started. SpongeBob keeps ringing the bell and it's starting to annoy Squidward. Squidward tells SpongeBob that he'll ring the bell when there's an order, but says there won't be an order because there aren't any customers. Then he knocks over the cash register and all of the money spills out. Mr. Krabs hears the sound of money, and then comes storming out of his office. Squidward attempts to pick the coins up, but Mr. Krabs shoves him out of the way. Mr. Krabs then picks all the coins up and starts rinsing them under the tap. When SpongeBob surprises him, he drops a dime down the drain. Mr. Krabs sticks his claw in the pipe to catch the dime and he grabs hold of it, but his hand is stuck. He won't let go so he has SpongeBob pull on his backside. They pull too hard and Mr. Krabs loses his arms and smacks on the wall, causing all of the items on a shelf to fall onto his head. 

He gets taken away to the hospital, leaving Squidward in charge. Squidward decides to take the day off and leave SpongeBob in charge of the grill and the cash register. As he's walking home, he remembers that he forgot to tell SpongeBob how to make change and that he could bankrupt the establishment. He goes to the Krusty Krab to test SpongeBob's ability to make change (for a dollar, in this case). SpongeBob passes the test.

Squidward goes back home and tries to relax again. Then he envisions SpongeBob setting the Krusty Krab on fire, so he rushes to the Krusty Krab and it's fine. Squidward then goes back home saying he won't go back to the Krusty Krab again. He then appears rushing back and forth from his house to the Krusty Krab. He finally goes back home and barricades and locks his door so he can't get out. That's when he finally cracks. While trying to have a bath, Squidward thinks he hears SpongeBob but it's just a branch scratching against his house, outside. He thinks that he sees SpongeBob outside of the shower curtain but it's just his toilet. Then he sees SpongeBob in the bath and escaping down the drain. Squidward bursts out of the house naked, and when he finally arrives at the Krusty Krab, SpongeBob's already there. He never left! SpongeBob gives Squidward his pants because he's naked, then tells Squidward that they never switched the closed sign to open and they "could have taken the whole day off!" He laughs and Squidward's nose falls off and his head deflates, ending the episode.

Halibut: Yeah, this is my favorite episode of all time. A lot of people may dislike it because of Squidward going insane or whatever, but honestly, I think it just makes the episode even better. It's not like SpongeBob is causing Squidward to go completely crazy. He, himself, is the one who is getting overly paranoid that SpongeBob might completely destroy the Krusty Krab. Along with a funny plot, the jokes themselves are almost always spot-on. You'd think SpongeBob always saying "Have you finished those errands?" would get annoying, but it surprisingly doesn't. Plus, both of the characters are perfectly in-character. Neither of them said a single line that made me think "Huh, that's not really something they'd say." Everything in this episode is just perfect to me. The plot, the jokes, the characters, and honestly, the pure nostalgia, makes this my favorite episode ever.

Wumbo: Overall, I'm really happy with my Top 25 list. I think it's probably the best representation of what I like about the show that I could muster up. But if I can regret one thing about it, it would be not even considering this episode for my list.

And in a way, it makes sense, because I used to hate this episode. Hate it enough to put it on my worst list, for Christ's sake. Looking back, I don't have a clue why I could possibly have hated this. It's the finest ride into Squidward's psyche that I've ever seen. In general, I've kind of ignored episodes that offer acid trips for my list, but this is probably the best one because it has the best reason for existing. Also, Squidward in his full octopus form is just the trippiest thing. I don't know if this would have made my final list, when all is said and done, but I definitely should have given it more credit than I did. This episode rocks.

• Like 7

"Have you finished those errands" is a pretty funny running gag. Squid going insane used to freak me out but now it amuses me. Didn't make my list but maybe I'll give it an honorable mention :P

Squidville: Always loved this one, one of my favorites.

Something Smells: I still find this one pretty funny, but it never stuck to me as a favorite for some reason.

Friend or Foe: Yeah, this is one of the few truly good special episodes. Only a bit of the actual episode was off to me, and the Patchy segments...could have been worse.

Pranks a Lot: Man, almost eleven years later, and I still can't bring myself to really like this one. Maybe it's that ***pull with the water washing the spray off, maybe it's Mr. Krabs, I don't know.

Squid's Day Off: If you know my tastes, you know how I feel about this one. It's great.