• Advertisement

The Writer's Lounge

Ron

I think we should either have a seperate thread to discuss lit ideas or just merge them here.
We don't have Lits Writers Lounge, but there's an announcement thread..

So I've already written much of the episode but not asked your guys' opinions: What do you think of an episode of BT where characters burst into songs that move along the plot/express their feelings/dig up secrets?

So I've already written much of the episode but not asked your guys' opinions: What do you think of an episode of BT where characters burst into songs that move along the plot/express their feelings/dig up secrets?

That would be alright.

Scene from the episode:

Spoiler

Seth was sitting in the house and Heather knocked on the door. He didn't answer it, and eventually she left. He didn't want to talk to her, he wasn't ready. She obviously wanted to talk to him though. He started to sing "Never Going Back Again" by Fleetwood Mac (

).

"She broke down and let me in

Made me see where I've been

Been down one time

Been down two times

I'm never going back again

You don't know what it means to win

Come down and see me again

Been down one time

Been down two times

I'm never going back again."

"That was weird..." he said.

Dammit 70s, your BT episode idea was going to be the focal point of my next spin-off. xD. I haven't announced it until just now, but this is quite the coincidence haha.

I know I have expressed my beliefs about longer spin-offs in the past, but I am considering this new spin-off might be a bit longer because....the characters are going to break into song and the lyrics. It will be SpongeBob themed, but at the same time I am throwing around the possibility of making it more focal about custom made characters since that is the way spin-offs have been for quite some time now. Time for me to finally catch up, but at the same time, not change up my style that much.

I will reveal more details later tonight after I get off work, but what do you guys think?

So, this is more about the structure of the spin off, rather than an idea. So, for Robot Trout, should I keep it with the 5-6 Spin Off skits, with one of those skits being the focal point of the episode(By that I mean, the skit's logner than the others, and it names the episode, etc.) or should I include MORE skits, and just scrap the whole 'making one of them the most worked on in the episode' idea?

Thoughts?

So, this is more about the structure of the spin off, rather than an idea. So, for Robot Trout, should I keep it with the 5-6 Spin Off skits, with one of those skits being the focal point of the episode(By that I mean, the skit's logner than the others, and it names the episode, etc.) or should I include MORE skits, and just scrap the whole 'making one of them the most worked on in the episode' idea?

Thoughts?

I'd do it Robot Chicken style, and make one of them the main event of the episode.

Alright guys, I have a decision for you to make. Now that Sebastion has ended, I'm going to write another spin-off, which is definitely going to be either a reboot of Origins of Mermaid Man, or a sequel to The Journey of Sebastion. If you'd like to see me write another spin-off, please tell me which spin-off you want me to write first, Origins of Mermaid Man, or a sequel to The Journey of Sebastion. Thanks.

Alright guys, I have a decision for you to make. Now that Sebastion has ended, I'm going to write another spin-off, which is definitely going to be either a reboot of Origins of Mermaid Man, or a sequel to The Journey of Sebastion. If you'd like to see me write another spin-off, please tell me which spin-off you want me to write first, Origins of Mermaid Man, or a sequel to The Journey of Sebastion. Thanks.
Biased as I am, I'd love to see Origins.

Well the musical episode of "Adventures in the Underground City" seemed to get many views, So I was wondering if I should do it again some time (Not anytime soon, but maybe next season) I just want to know if you thought it worked well...