• Advertisement

Star vs. The Forces of Evil

SG19

I'm surprised there hasn't been a topic on this yet. Anyway, discuss the new Disney cartoon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULgexnvtbzk

Fun facts:

The theme song is composed by Brad Breeck, who also composed the Gravity Falls theme song and several other Gravity Falls songs.

The director, Dave Wasson, was the creator of Time Squad.

This show is animated by Mercury Filmworks, which also animates Wander Over Yonder.

The voice of Star plays Sue Heck on The Middle.

• Like 1

Man that theme song is great. I'll have to find the show online somewhere because I'm really digging everything about this so far.

The first episode is up on watchcartoononline, Watch Disney Channel, and Watch Disney XD.

Wanted to start a thread for this show but one is already here, I see :P 

I absolutely love SVTFOE. I know some people didn't care that much for the pilot, especially Party With a Pony, but both episodes had me hooked from the get-go. This show is so fast-paced and fun but also has a few emotional moments that I can appreciate. As the season went on, it got even better with episode like St. Olga's School for Wayward Princesses and the little story arc that started forming in the last few episodes, culminating with an awesome season finale. 

Star is such a great character. I love how she can kick butt but also show that there's nothing wrong with being girly. Marco is so and laid-back and cool but also pretty funny. The side characters could use some more development but they still manage to amuse me.

Can't wait for season 2 next year!

Edited by katnisslovestacos
  • Like 3

I always thought this show looked really stupid. It just looks like it's trying so hard to be like Adventure Time and Steven Universe. But hey, i've never seen it.

Uhh if you haven't seen it, then why bother posting about that then? Kinda pointless.

Anyhow, what I've seen has been really enjoyable (3 episodes in) and I look forward to the rest of the season.

• Like 1

Adam McArthur (Marco's voice actor) did a Reddit AMA and spilled some info on season 2:

•  
  • The rumored release date is March 2016
  • We will have two new characters named Manfred and Great Uncle Nuggett both who are voiced by Jonny Rees.
  • The stakes will be pretty high.
  • There will still be fun-random episodes.
  • Star and Marco's relationship will change yet stay the same.
  • There will be feels and the Starco ship will start to sail.
  • We will learn new things about the characters.
  • Tom will be making a return.
  • Season 2 will have more episodes than the first season.
  • We need to be aware of this room.
  • you can check out the full AMA here:  https://m.reddit.com/r/StarVStheForcesofEvil/comments/3ualn1/shall_we_get_this_party_started_adam_mcarthur/
Edited by katnisslovestacos
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Lord Dominator said:

The second half of Season 2 is being animated by Rough Draft, which does shows like Spongebob, Steven Universe, and Gravity Falls.

https://www.instagram.com/p/-9PcdiTBFB/

Good because I wasn't really digging second half of season 1's animation. Hopefully first half of season 2 will be an improvement as well 

11 hours ago, Jolly Doctor said:

Good because I wasn't really digging second half of season 1's animation. Hopefully first half of season 2 will be an improvement as well 

Yeah, the second half should look something like the first minute of this clip:

I'm not sure why only half of the season is being animated by Rough Draft, though. Usually, shows stick to one animation style for a whole season.

Edited by Lord Dominator

I actually didn't have that much of a problem with the animation in the second half of season 1 but I do agree that the animation in the first half was the best. If the second half of s2 does look like Blood Moon Ball animation-wise, I'm all for it.