• Advertisement

Bands You Don't Like

CyanideFishbone

Yeah. I really hate this whole new "indie rock" craze. I can't stand groups like The 1975 and Imagine Dragons. 

I've probably stated my viewpoint on this before but, yeah, 100 percent agree. "Indie" should not be synonymous with "over-produced pop rock marketed towards teen girl tumblr users who want to feel unique by listening to the same shit with a different label". That being said, I really like Wavves (who tend to get lumped in with this kinda stuff). Why? Simple: they do their own unique thing. Psychy surf punk pop with great hooks and enough distortion to keep a noise fiend like me interested. Bands like 21 Pilots and the 1975 just seem to be going through the motions, not really trying anything but to make sure they're accessible to the typical pop consumer. Crass capitalism at it's finest, I suppose.

• Like 1

I've probably stated my viewpoint on this before but, yeah, 100 percent agree. "Indie" should not be synonymous with "over-produced pop rock marketed towards teen girl tumblr users who want to feel unique by listening to the same shit with a different label". That being said, I really like Wavves (who tend to get lumped in with this kinda stuff). Why? Simple: they do their own unique thing. Psychy surf punk pop with great hooks and enough distortion to keep a noise fiend like me interested. Bands like 21 Pilots and the 1975 just seem to be going through the motions, not really trying anything but to make sure they're accessible to the typical pop consumer. Crass capitalism at it's finest, I suppose.

Exactly. Indie means independent, not "Urban Outfitters Hot Topic teen girl Hollister light wash jeans wearing friend hugging tumblr music"

I honestly like quite a few acts and songs of that kind, but it really needs to fucking stop being called 'Indie'

I completely agree with the second part. Those bands aren't independent anymore; they're mainstream. 

On 7/9/2015 at 0:55 PM, CyanideFishbone said:

And yeah, I don't like MCR. Such a overrated group that just stenches of mediocrity while I find some of their songs flat out hard to listen to (Teenagers) because I find them just awful. 

Heh

• Like 2

Eww 2015 me. MCR is gud

In other news, I absolutely despise this thread. It's just me being a close minded 13 year old. I got into so many pointless arguments for hating bands without even listening to them. The biggest of that was the shit with Paramore. Okay. I absolutely loathe Ain't It Fun, and that's really it. The truth is rest of Paramore's catalog does not interest me in the slightest and I have no intent to listen to them in the future. The only reason was I disliked the singer's voice and yes it is awful in Ain't It Fun but whatever. I was fucking stupid to argue about that for so long. Sorry Clappy and I think terminoob, anyone who had to endure me being fucking stupid and hating a band for like, a single song. I honestly forget Paramore even exists most of the time

Edited by CyanideFishbone

Oh yeah, I had a post on this thread. Lemme take a riff at it.

On 2/27/2015 at 8:03 PM, Fred Rechid said:

- Paramore (I think I was just pretending to hate them back then. Didn't even listen to a lick of their music. They're alright now.)

- OneRepublic (Okay, they're not a perfect band, but I don't hate them.)

- One Direction (Oh yeah, they still exist.)

- Most pop artists today like Nikki Minaj, Iggy Azalea, etc. (Okay, first of all, it's Nicki Minaj, not Nikki Minaj. Second, I kinda like more of Taylor Swift's music now. "Style" is just too perfect of a song to hate. Though I can't really invalidate my opinion on Iggy Azalea. She is and will always suck.)

- Country (Never liked it, never will) (I only like a few country songs, but that's about it. I think bro-country songs pretty much ruined the entire genre for me.)

Also, I'm joining the "UB40 sucks" club. God, the suckage of that band is so high.

4 minutes ago, Renegade the Unicorn said:

Pharrell Williams. I do not like his music because I find it repetitive and annoying. I also don't like how certain songs that he did vocals for (but didn't do entirely), such as "Get Lucky" by Daft Punk, get credited to him. 

Why wouldn't he get credit for doing vocals? In the end it's still a Daft Punk song and not Pharrell Williams featuring Daft Punk

Edited by Katniss
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Renegade the Unicorn said:

Pharrell Williams. I do not like his music because I find it repetitive and annoying. I also don't like how certain songs that he did vocals for (but didn't do entirely), such as "Get Lucky" by Daft Punk, get credited to him. 

Except they do not get credited to him. The titles of the songs he contributes to say "ft. Pharrell Williams", meaning they feature him, not that he made the song. No one actually thinks that he made Get Lucky. Like Katniss said, Daft Punk still gets all the credit for that. 

Edited by Metal Snake

On 9/3/2016 at 2:21 AM, Frizzbee Entertainment said:

What the heck kind of a name is https:/www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_(band)&ved=0ahUKEwiOzqOSx_LOAhWBwiYKHefOCBoQFgieAjAc&usg=AFQjCNELXMkv20-_NdbNiwldx3Q21oJxrA&sig2=0IWuhZFGqVxXM4LnLd969w? It sounds like some edgelord death metal band. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Katniss said:

Not a band, but Bob Dylan. He has some good lyrics but I don't like his singing voice.

I agree. I'm positive he's talented but I can't stand his voice. But this is from a guy who doesn't mind Tom DeLonge's voice so I should probably shut up

Edited by CyanideFishbone

22 hours ago, Katniss said:

Not a band, but Bob Dylan. He has some good lyrics but I don't like his singing voice.

Omg same. My mom is a huuuuge fan of his so I grew up listening to him, but I think his voice is annoying. I like a couple of songs but overall I'm not a fan.