• Advertisement

Bands You Don't Like

CyanideFishbone

THIS IS A OPINION ZONE. DO NOT FLAME ANYONE ELSE'S OPINIONS. AKA, flame shield up.

Title.

Let's get this out of the way.

Nickelback- Everyone hates Nickelback. Bad and laughable lyrics, and fucking Chad Kroeger. Fuck Chad Kroeger. He's a scum human being and i absolutely hate his vocals. Wanna know what i mean by "laughable lyrics"? In "Rockstar" (their worst song) Chad says something along the lines of "I want to have a million meals" and then there's this blaring vocal saying "OOOOH.....QUESADILLA!" That part always makes me laugh my ass off though, because of sheer stupidity.

Limp Bizkit- Who doesn't hate Limp Bizkit? They're just... bad.

Pink Floyd- I just..... Yeah. I don't like Pink Floyd. Before you type your comments, let me ellaborate. I don't like Pink Floyd.. They're music is just too dark, weird, and out there... and not in a good way. However, "Another Brick In The Wall" is a classic.

Magnetic Fields- Can't stand the lead singer's voice. He's a cool guy, but i just feel uncomfortable while listening to it. I just... do.

The Smiths- First off, Fuck Morrisey. Fuck that racist pile of shit. Just really take what i said about Pink Floyd and apply it here. Just really depressing... and not in a good way. It's just not my style. And it doesn't make it better when you live with a sister who LOVES the Smiths.

The Strokes-I just... don't like the Strokes. Don't like Casablancas' vocals. I just... don't like them. Julian's a cool guy, though.

Linkin Park-Repetative. Every LP song sounds the exact same; it's all like "oh no, i'm sad and blaming it on someone i am responsible for." Just fuck them. Although, "In The End" is a great song. And they just can't rap. It sounds like they're talking, not rapping.

That's all i can think about for right now. You guys?

I'll have to respectfully disagree with you on The Smiths (who aren't as depressing when you start paying attention to the lyrics) and Pink Floyd (who i've always liked to an extent but didn't really loving until I started toking a lot...make of that what you will). I think we're on the same page with the rest, though.

As for bands/musicians I don't like:

Black Veil Brides

Bring Me the Horizon

Coldplay

Dave Matthews Band 

Deadmau5

Decemberists

Dream Theater

Five Finger Death Punch

Florida Georgia Line

Imagine Dragons

Linkin Park

Pierce the Veil

Seether

Simple Plan

Skrillex

Staind

There's more, but I think that's a pretty comprehensive list of music I consider pretty fucking abysmal.

also, RE: Limp Bizkit: they're too silly to hate for me. They're like a cartoon version of all the serious nu metal bands like Godsmack.

• Like 4

- lots of hip-hop artists today such as Lil' Wayne, Tyga, 2 Chainz, Rick Ross, etc. Kanye West is alright tho

- Fall Out Boy for their stupid lyrics. In one of their newer songs, one of the lyrics is "We are like young volcanos"... wtf.

- dubstep/country/some of today's pop artists

- Paramore used to have some good songs, but for the past 5 years they've been sucking

- Weird Al... Annoying music. Annoying voice. Come at me bro.

• Like 1

BrokeNCYDE. I only listened to them to torture myself and because once in a blue moon, they had a song with comedic value. :P

Oh yeah, and I don't mind Nickelback (yeah, get the pitchforks), and I like Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park. Haven't heard enough tunes from the other four bands though to have a solid opinion on them as a whole.

- lots of hip-hop artists today such as Lil' Wayne, Tyga, 2 Chainz, Rick Ross, etc. Kanye West if alright tho

- Fall Out Boy for their stupid lyrics. In one of their newer songs, one of the lyrics is "We are like young volcanos"... wtf.

- dubstep/country/some of today's pop artists

- Paramore used to have some good songs, but for the past 5 years they've been sucking

- Weird Al... Annoying music. Annoying voice. Come at me bro.

All of this except for Weird Al.

Basically a lot of the stuff people have already mentioned and I'd also like to add Nikki Minaj. Had to listen to one of her songs for a college class and it was just so dreadful to listen to and I just don't find her attractive in any way. Taylor Swift IMO is really bland and I've never cared for her music either. 

• Like 1

Basically a lot of the stuff people have already mentioned and I'd also like to add Nikki Minaj. Had to listen to one of her songs for a college class and it was just so dreadful to listen to and I just don't find her attractive in any way. Taylor Swift IMO is really bland and I've never cared for her music either.

What college class was that

I'll just put it this way: i hate every mainstream artist. Yeah, all of them. I don't like her music, but i do admit that Lorde is really talented. Just the fact she wrote Royals in 30 minutes at age 16? 17? Something like that just baffles me. 

Yeah, put it this way: Artists you don't like. 

• Like 1

Bring Me The Horizon

I GOT A SECRET!

Btw everyone hating on Paramore, I respectfully disagree with all of you. Love them. Not embarrassed to admit how much I love them.

As for me? Besides my repeated hatred of Nickelback and Jason DeRulo, I would like to go a little flashback Friday here and point out a group that I neglected in my 50 Worst Song Countdown from last year. Captain & Tennielle were brutal in retrospect. Every song I've heard from them is really bad. No lie.

• Like 1

I GOT A SECRET!

Btw everyone hating on Paramore, I respectfully disagree with all of you.

As for me? Besides my repeated hatred of Nickelback and Jason DeRulo, I would like to go a little flashback Friday here and point out a group that I neglected in my 50 Worst Song Countdown from last year. Captain & Tenelle were brutal in retrospect. Every song I've heard from them is really bad. No lie.

Captain and Tenelle is a inside joke with our family, because like 6 years ago my mom and dad went to a halloween party as Captain and Tenelle as a joke.

I'll just put it this way: i hate every mainstream artist. Yeah, all of them. I don't like her music, but i do admit that Lorde is really talented. Just the fact she wrote Royals in 30 minutes at age 16? 17? Something like that just baffles me.

Yeah, put it this way: Artists you don't like.

So nirvana, red hot chili peppers, etc suck?

Either that or im bad at sarcasm