• Advertisement

Bands You Don't Like

CyanideFishbone

Pretty much

I don't think you need to broaden your horizons despite how pretty much it seems like all you listen to is rock/alternative based off posts I've seen. :P

You are entitled to your own opinion, but not all mainstream music sucks.

I know not all mainstream sucks, but i dislike a heavy amount of it. Okay? Argument ended.

Wasn't really an argument but ok. :P

Surprised nobody mentioned One Direction yet.

Contrary to popular belief, One Direction isn't the worst thing ever.
  • Like 1

I know not all mainstream sucks, but i dislike a heavy amount of it. Okay? Argument ended.

But saying ALL modern mainstream rap and pop isnt an argument. Im not insulting you I just want you to elaborate more since their are many solid rap tunes now. (Can't say the same on pop but im sure theres some aight tunes if you ask a fan)

But saying ALL modern mainstream rap and pop isnt an argument. Im not insulting you I just want you to elaborate more since their are many solid rap tunes now. (Can't say the same on pop but im sure theres some aight tunes if you ask a fan)

Ok, i meant most of the really mainstream stuff (Iggy Azalea, Justin Bieber, Lil Wayne, etc) I don't really care about mainstream music, i shouldn't have said i hated it... Thanks

Ok, i meant most of the really mainstream stuff (Iggy Azalea, Justin Bieber, Lil Wayne, etc) I don't really care about mainstream music, i shouldn't have said i hated it... Thanks

Now that im ok with. Also stop with the "I dont really care about mainstream music". You might be referring to rap or whatever but the artists you seem to like are all mainstream. 

They're just a harmless boy band, imo. Not my thing at all, but it's not like i'm being forced to listen to them. They'll be forgotten within a few years.

This. They're not like Justin Bieber, who fucking makes girls commit suicide and spits on fans and etc, they're just a harmless boyband. They're slowly dying out. It's not like any of them are peeing in buckets or anything.

This. They're not like Justin Bieber, who fucking makes girls commit suicide and spits on fans and etc, they're just a harmless boyband. They're slowly dying out. It's not like any of them are peeing in buckets or anything.

If the people themselves are being factored into whether I like them, then I don't hate One Direction at all.

Justin Bieber, on the other hand. -,-

Contrary to popular belief, One Direction isn't the worst thing ever.

I don't have strong feelings either way about them myself, but they seem to be the go-to band to hate on nowadays.

makes girls commit suicide

Uh, when did Justin Bieber make people commit suicide? He's gone off the deep end, but surely not that much.

Also, bands and singers I hate are 5 Seconds of Summer, (I'd pass them off as just an innocent boy band if they didn't claim to be 'punk rock' while completely contradicting punk rock's ethics) Iggy Azalea, (Work was okay, but everything else is torture to my ears. And that fake American accent... ugh.) Nicki Minaj, (purely for the fact that Anaconda exists) most of the modern emo bands like Pierce the Veil or Sleeping with Sirens, (there's only so many times you can scream about being empty and worthless before it becomes derivative and annoying) Justin Bieber, (for his utter contempt he has for his fans) and a lot of other mainstream acts these days. I could list a whole lot more, but this is everyone on the top of my head right now.

• Like 2

Also, bands and singers I hate are 5 Seconds of Summer, (I'd pass them off as just an innocent boy band if they didn't claim to be 'punk rock' while completely contradicting punk rock's ethics) 

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/justin-bieber-calls-female-fan-beached-whale-in-australia-report-20131012

Anyways, this. This so much. I can't stand 5SOS. All they are is a watered down Blink-182, except Blink is a good band. I can't stand MCR, Fall Out Boy, those shitty pop-punk bands that claim they're punk rock, which they aren't. Hey idiots, ever heard the Sex Pistols? Dead Kennedys? Sonic Youth? I also hate how people claim them as "emo" because "emo" (I hate that term) listen to them. Just because "emo" people listen to it does not mean it is emo. Emo is stuff like Sunny Day Real Estate, and some others i can't think of. Just... fuck MCR, Fall Out Boy, 5SOS, and those other "punk rock" bands so hard. I dislike their music, but I despise the fact they think they're the epitome of punk rock because they aren't. 

I'm sorry, that just really pisses me off.

Let's elaborate on some of my newer choices:

MCR, Paramore, Fall Out Boy, 5SOS, Pierce The Veil, all that pop-punky teenage girl shit: Look above. I also hate when people are like "omg!!!!!!!!!! ptv is duh best ban from san diehgo!" What about Blink-182? It's the same act, but done way better. Also, Stone Temple Pilots, but that's grunge. Also, 5SOS doesn't even sound like punk pop. It sounds more like a PARODY of that genre.

Blood On The Dance Floor: Everyone with a brain hates them. 'Nuff said.

Journey: If. I. Hear. Don't. Stop. Believin'. One. More. Fucking. Time. I WILL MURDER YOU IN YOUR SLEEP. 

Most nu metal bands, like (As i said) Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, etc. Slipknot's a guilty pleasure. They have some good songs.