• Advertisement

Bands You Don't Like

CyanideFishbone

Even though in my opinion, THE most redundant band of all time is Linkin Park. EVERY fucking song by them is pretty much the exact same subject. 

Linkin Park made an EP called "LP Underground 8.0" entirely based on non-serious tracks the band had recorded in their spare time and they actually tried different genres and song subjects (like a dance track called "26 Letters in the Alphabet" and a sort of stoned acoustic track called "Bubbles"). It was actually alright, the simplistic song structures, nonsensical lyrics and genre variety kind of reminded me of a lesser GodWeenSatan. If Linkin Park actually did stuff like that that didn't take itself so seriously, they'd actually be a better band than they actually are. I mean, do they even have a song on any of their normal albums that isn't about betrayal or falling out with someone?

I admit I still own Hybrid Theory because it's got considerable nostalgia value for me (I used to listen to it a lot when I was younger).

• Like 1

Linkin Park made an EP called "LP Underground 8.0" entirely based on non-serious tracks the band had recorded in their spare time and they actually tried different genres and song subjects (like a dance track called "26 Letters in the Alphabet" and a sort of stoned acoustic track called "Bubbles"). It was actually alright, the simplistic song structures, nonsensical lyrics and genre variety kind of reminded me of a lesser GodWeenSatan. If Linkin Park actually did stuff like that that didn't take itself so seriously, they'd actually be a better band than they actually are. I mean, do they even have a song on any of their normal albums that isn't about betrayal or falling out with someone?

I admit I still own Hybrid Theory because it's got considerable nostalgia value for me (I used to listen to it a lot when I was younger).

I agree. If they didn't take themselves so damn seriously they'd be decent and stop writing about the same subject OVER AND OVER AGAIN.
  • Like 1

For those who are still saying Paramore's name, I'm just going to make a point here.

You guys don't consider them god-awful, but if you want god-awful punk pop, well....please don't tell me you'd prefer these guys over Paramore for ex.:

My least favorite artists list is still pretty low, but now I've now realized that I dislike David Guetta's music as much as Calvin Harris'.

• Like 1

For those who are still saying Paramore's name, I'm just going to make a point here.

You guys don't consider them god-awful, but if you want god-awful punk pop, well....please don't tell me you'd prefer these guys over Paramore for ex.:

My least favorite artists list is still pretty low, but now I've now realized that I dislike David Guetta's music as much as Calvin Harris'.

Simple Plan sucks, but Bowling For Soup's still the worst IMO.

• Like 1

But... but.... REACH FOR THE STARS, GOING BY CANDY BARS, WITH A KID WITH A KNACK FOR ADVENTURE

Don't forget....THERE'S 104 DAYS OF SUMMER VACATION AND SCHOOL COMES ALONG JUST TO END IT

Oh wait, just about half of SBC hates that show...

• Like 1

What's so bad about Bowling for Soup? They're not a great band or anything, but at least they try to have fun with their music. I'll take them over dirgey, whiny Simple Plan any day.

Their awful lyrics and I can't stand Jaret Reddick's voice. It's like you took the god damn whiny voice and upped it up to 10.

• Like 1

Pop punk's fun. I mean, I think part of the hate comes from the genre name, because punk rock is starkly different from pop punk, so just to see the name "punk" associated with a song like "All The Small Things" is bound to get some people's skin crawling. For what it is, though, I can dig the genre if bands know how to have fun with it.

• Like 2

Tom Delonge is definitely more whiny-sounding than Reddick.

DeLonge's voice has this certain charm to me. Reddick is just DeLonge's voice with the charm gone. I'm probably the only person in the whole world that honestly doesn't mind DeLonge's voice, honestly. 

• Like 1

DeLonge's voice has this certain charm to me. Reddick is just DeLonge's voice with the charm gone. I'm probably the only person in the whole world that honestly doesn't mind DeLonge's voice, honestly. 

That "charm" is all studio work.

• Like 1

Man you guys are really making it hard for me to stay quiet about all the Paramore hatred.

Butters, I hate to burst your bubble, you seem like a good kid. But pop punk really hasn't changed since the 90s. The bands you listed off I wouldn't even consider "punk". More like alt-rock or pop-rock. Plus for all the complaints about it sounding "whiny" and "same soundy", I hate to break it to you, but all those bands you constantly praise out the wazoo like Smashing Pumpkins, Green Day, etc. aren't that different either. 90s rock is as same soundy as they come and rock hasn't made much true progression in a long time. That's coming from someone who definitely prefers alt-rock over most genres. You can say what you want about hating voices and vocals, but terminoob already beat me to shattering that image. DeLonge can't sing for shit live and that's from someone who saw him in concert. Hell nearly all these artists from the past page can't sing for shit live and production work has come a long way.

Last but not least, Steel alluded to it earlier. Simple Plan is fucking atrocious.

• Like 4

Man you guys are really making it hard for me to stay quiet about all the Paramore hatred.

Butters, I hate to burst your bubble, you seem like a good kid. But pop punk really hasn't changed since the 90s. The bands you listed off I wouldn't even consider "punk". More like alt-rock or pop-rock. Plus for all the complaints about it sounding "whiny" and "same soundy", I hate to break it to you, but all those bands you constantly praise out the wazoo like Smashing Pumpkins, Green Day, etc. aren't that different either. 90s rock is as same soundy as they come and rock hasn't made much true progression in a long time. That's coming from someone who definitely prefers alt-rock over most genres. You can say what you want about hating voices and vocals, but terminoob already beat me to shattering that image. DeLonge can't sing for shit live and that's from someone who saw him in concert. Hell nearly all these artists from the past page can't sing for shit live and production work has come a long way.

Last but not least, Steel alluded to it earlier. Simple Plan is fucking atrocious.

I've heard quite a bit of Bowling For Soup, maybe I should dig deeper.

By the way, I don't consider Green Day punk. Just saying

• Like 1