• Advertisement

Bands You Don't Like

CyanideFishbone

This topic should be named Bands/artists you don't like because I'm pretty sure Nicki Minaj and Justin Bieber aren't bands  :P

I'm not a fan of Journey (and no, it's not just because of Don't Stop Believin'; I just can't get into their music), Akon (save for The Sweet Escape, where he wasn't a huge presence), Luke Bryan, My Chemical Romance, or Cher Lloyd (this is the rare moment where a singer's voice has irritated me, plus her lyrics suck).

This topic should be named Bands/artists you don't like because I'm pretty sure Nicki Minaj and Justin Bieber aren't bands  :P

I'm not a fan of Journey (and no, it's not just because of Don't Stop Believin'; I just can't get into their music), Akon (save for The Sweet Escape, where he wasn't a huge presence), Luke Bryan, My Chemical Romance, or Cher Lloyd (this is the rare moment where a singer's voice has irritated me, plus her lyrics suck).

I don't like Journey too. I swear to god if I hear Don't Stop Believin' one more time (Yes I hate that song kill me now) I'll probably snap. And yeah, I don't like MCR. Such a overrated group that just stenches of mediocrity while I find some of their songs flat out hard to listen to (Teenagers) because I find them just awful. 

Cattle Decapitation is just horrible. Screaming and instrument bashing does not make you "cool".

I don't like Journey too. I swear to god if I hear Don't Stop Believin' one more time (Yes I hate that song kill me now) I'll probably snap. And yeah, I don't like MCR. Such a overrated group that just stenches of mediocrity while I find some of their songs flat out hard to listen to (Teenagers) because I find them just awful.

I HATE JOURNEY. MY GOD, THE NEXT TIME I HEAR MY BROTHER PLAYING "Any way you want it" I will literally grab a sledgehammer and destroy his computer. MCR are decent but yeah some of their songs flat-out suck and some are ok.

I'm not sure what's worse: fuckboy reggae like Rebelution and Tribal Seeds, or the neo-hippie "good vibes" dipshits who worship it. And this is coming from someone who smokes pot on an almost daily basis. Think about that. I've also grown to strongly dislike stuff like Mac Miller (who, to be fair, has a decent song or two) and Wiz Khalifa for similar reasons.

Cattle Decapitation is just horrible. Screaming and instrument bashing does not make you "cool".

I HATE JOURNEY. MY GOD, THE NEXT TIME I HEAR MY BROTHER PLAYING "Any way you want it" I will literally grab a sledgehammer and destroy his computer. MCR are decent but yeah some of their songs flat-out suck and some are ok.

Have you heard of a group named The Locust? They're related to Cattle Decapitation and god they suck. 

Have you heard of a group named The Locust? They're related to Cattle Decapitation and god they suck. 

I have their s/t EP on vinyl and I gotta say, I disagree. Pretty enjoyable noisecore. They sound like Anal Cunt on crack.

I have their s/t EP on vinyl and I gotta say, I disagree. Pretty enjoyable noisecore. They sound like Anal Cunt on crack.

Guess they're really just not for me. Grindcore really isn't for me except i heard a few Melt-Banana songs and i liked them, but I've heard they're more noise rock. 

Guess they're really just not for me. Grindcore really isn't for me except i heard a few Melt-Banana songs and i liked them, but I've heard they're more noise rock. 

I consider all that speedier stuff straightforward tard/noisecore as opposed to noise rock. Noise rock makes me think of slower, lurching, feedback/distortion-drenched stuff (Flipper, early No Trend), or noise music done in a traditional band style (Rusted Shut, Skullflower). But then there's spacier/psych stuff like Bardo Pond and Les Rallizes Denudes. It's a hard to pinpoint noise rock as one exact style, really.  But that is not at all what this thread is about, haha.

• Like 1

This

Yeah. I really hate this whole new "indie rock" craze. I can't stand groups like The 1975 and Imagine Dragons. 

I also don't like a lot of emo, or music that tries too hard to be 'emotional'. The ep "Fuck Your Emotional Bullshit" by Snowing is like 10 minutes long, but I could hardly finish it.

Yeah. I really hate this whole new "indie rock" craze. I can't stand groups like The 1975 and Imagine Dragons. 

I love indie rock, but to each their own :)

Don't think metal music is really my thing. It sounds too abrasive to me.

Not all metal music is overly abrasive. You just kinda have to look in the right subgenres :P

I don't hate all indie rock, just this new mainstream indie thing. 

This

I also don't like a lot of emo, or music that tries too hard to be 'emotional'. The ep "Fuck Your Emotional Bullshit" by Snowing is like 10 minutes long, but I could hardly finish it.

There's some great emo out there for sure. I love Sunny Day Real Estate, Pedro The Lion, Samiam, and a few other bands I could list off, but modern day "emo" is pretty bad. 

I'm a fan of Journey and I still find Don't Stop Believin' is overrated and repetitive.