• Advertisement

JCMterviews

JCM

A talk show where JCM interviews SBC members about their spin-offs and lits. If you want to be interviewed, sign up in this thread. Any member that completes an interview with me will get 10,000 doubloons.

Episode 1: Snails, Friends, and Broken Legs

(The episode begins with JCM at the host's table.)

JCM: Hello, everybody! Welcome to JCMterviews! My first guest is ClassicNickelodeonFan1, writer of Gary the Snail's Undersea Adventures and a plethora of other spin-offs.

(ClassicNickelodeonFan1 joins the table.)

JCM: So, let's talk about your most successful spin-off so far, GTSUA. It started a little over a year ago, and it's already in its fourth season. How do you come up with ideas for the show?

CNF1: How do I come up with ideas, you ask? Well, when I'm planning out a season in a Word document, the ideas usually come to me. That's pretty much it.

JCM: GTSUA has over 4,000 viewers now and has been nominated for two Golden Communtiy Awards, winning one. Has the show's popularity surprised you?

CNF1: Yes, the popularity has indeed surprised me. I didn't think the show, being only my 2nd attempt at a fanfiction, would pan out to having a following and being viewed every week by loyal fans and casual users looking for something to do. I'm even more surprised that the show was even nominated for a GCA award. That, my friend, is amazing in my book.

JCM: It sure is. Now, you had been talking about a GTSUA movie almost since the show began. The movie came out last summer. How long did it take you to actually write the movie?

CNF1: Oh dear god, lol. I wrote it within 3 sessions, pretty much each session happened within the timespan of each season. So I'd say it took me a couple months to complete it. I started it around when the show premiered, and finished it when Season 3 was starting I believe (or somewhere in the middle of it).

JCM: Will any of your other shows be getting movies any time soon?

CNF1: Currently, no. There were plans for a SpongeBob and His Friends movie, but they never really panned through. Still could happen though, we'll see.

JCM: Now to move on to another long-running show of yours: Mickey Mouse Adventures, which aired its final episode last month. What made you want to end the series?

CNF1: Correction: The finale still isn't finished. :P

JCM: Oh, sorry about that. I need to fire my research guy.

CNF1: As for your question, I was pretty much half-assing new episodes for the later part of the 1st season. I just didn't have the enthusiasm to continue the show anymore.

JCM: You've purchased the rights to a lot of different series, but the two that stand out in my eyes are Break A Leg! and The Killer Krab, both written by OMJ. They were very popular when you took them over. Were you ever worried that you wouldn't be able to live up to their fans' expectations?

CNF1: Yes, I was indeed worried in disappointing OMJ and other fans of Break A Leg! and The Killer Krab (still haven't finished that movie I was planning on doing). However, Break A Leg! did gain a cult following from a few users, so I'm glad I was proved wrong. I hope users will like the new season of Break A Leg! as well. Trophy and OMJ, both whom bought the episode from my Glove Universe shop, gave it a positive review (or at least Trophy did, not sure if OMJ replied :P).

JCM: Alright, final question: You were active in the Spin-Off Festival 4 last June. Do you think that the Spin-Off Festival had a positive impact on the spin-off section, and do you think we should do another one in the future?

CNF1: I think the events were a little anti-climatic, but I'd be up for another go.

JCM: Well, that's it! Thanks for doing the interview, CNF1, and I hope to see a lot more from you in the future!

CNF1: No problem! Hopefully I can get out of my spin-off activity slump that I've had lately. Until then, That's All Folks!

(The episode ends.)

• Like 8

Episode 1: Snails, Friends, and Broken Legs

(The episode begins with JCM at the host's table.)

JCM: Hello, everybody! Welcome to JCMterviews! My first guest is ClassicNickelodeonFan1, writer of Gary the Snail's Undersea Adventures and a plethora of other spin-offs.

(ClassicNickelodeonFan1 joins the table.)

JCM: So, let's talk about your most successful spin-off so far, GTSUA. It started a little over a year ago, and it's already in its fourth season. How do you come up with ideas for the show?

CNF1: How do I come up with ideas, you ask? Well, when I'm planning out a season in a Word document, the ideas usually come to me. That's pretty much it.

JCM: GTSUA has over 4,000 viewers now and has been nominated for two Golden Communtiy Awards, winning one. Has the show's popularity surprised you?

CNF1: Yes, the popularity has indeed surprised me. I didn't think the show, being only my 2nd attempt at a fanfiction, would pan out to having a following and being viewed every week by loyal fans and casual users looking for something to do. I'm even more surprised that the show was even nominated for a GCA award. That, my friend, is amazing in my book.

JCM: It sure is. Now, you had been talking about a GTSUA movie almost since the show began. The movie came out last summer. How long did it take you to actually write the movie?

CNF1: Oh dear god, lol. I wrote it within 3 sessions, pretty much each session happened within the timespan of each season. So I'd say it took me a couple months to complete it. I started it around when the show premiered, and finished it when Season 3 was starting I believe (or somewhere in the middle of it).

JCM: Will any of your other shows be getting movies any time soon?

CNF1: Currently, no. There were plans for a SpongeBob and His Friends movie, but they never really panned through. Still could happen though, we'll see.

JCM: Now to move on to another long-running show of yours: Mickey Mouse Adventures, which aired its final episode last month. What made you want to end the series?

CNF1: Correction: The finale still isn't finished. :P

JCM: Oh, sorry about that. I need to fire my research guy.

CNF1: As for your question, I was pretty much half-assing new episodes for the later part of the 1st season. I just didn't have the enthusiasm to continue the show anymore.

JCM: you've purchased the rights to a lot of different series, but the two that stand out in my eyes are Break A Leg! and The Killer Krab, both written by OMJ. They were very popular when you took them over. Were you ever worried that you wouldn't be able to live up to their fans' expectations?

CNF1: Yes, I was indeed worried in disappointing OMJ and other fans of Break A Leg! and The Killer Krab (still haven't finished that movie I was planning on doing). However, Break A Leg! did gain a cult following from a few users, so I'm glad I was proved wrong. I hope users will like the new season of Break A Leg! as well. Trophy and OMJ, both whom bought the episode from my Glove Universe shop, gave it a positive review (or at least Trophy did, not sure if OMJ replied :P).

JCM: Alright, final question: You were active in the Spin-Off Festival 4 last June. Do you think that the Spin-Off Festival had a positive impact on the spin-off section, and do you think we should do another one in the future?

CNF1: I think the events were a little anti-climatic, but I'd be up for another go.

JCM: Well, that's it! Thanks for doing the interview, CNF1, and I hope to see a lot more from you in the future!

CNF1: Thanks for having me, JCM!

(The episode ends.)

So much for including my ending. :P

Episode 2: Pasts, Presents, and Futures

Skit

(JCM is getting ready for the interview in his dressing room. Suddenly, another JCM appears behind him in a flash.)

JCM: (screams) Who are you?

JCM 2: I am you from the future, here to send a warning: don't go out the back door after you finish your interview with MilkMaidMan, or something terrible will happen.

JCM: Strange. I don't remember reading that in my horoscope.

JCM 2: Okay...

JCM: What's the future like? Do I ever become rich and famous? Do I ever become famous but not rich? Do I ever become rich but not famous? Do I ever become slightly rich and slightly famous? Do I-

JCM 2: Jeez, was I really this annoying back in the day? Just don't go out the back door after the interview, okay?

JCM: So I do become rich and famous! Awesome!

(JCM 2 disappears.)

Interview

(JCM sits down at the host's table.)

JCM: Welcome to JCMterviews! My guest tonight is a relatively new member, but he's already starting to make his mark in the spin-off world. MilkMaidMan, everybody!

(MilkManMan joins the table.)

JCM: So, your new show, Past, Present, and Future, focuses on Spongetron, who was the star of your earlier series, The Adventures of Spongetron. What made you want to revisit that character?

MMM: Honestly, I found myself thinking about what it would be like if Spongetron met Spongebob. Then I wondered how it would be if Spongegar met SB and Spongetron, so PPaF was born. I guess Spongetron being in two of my spin offs is merely a coincedence.

JCM: You introduce some new characters in Past, Present, and Future from, well, the past, the present, and the future. Which of these characters have been your favorite so far?

MMM: I guess one that hasn't been any of my past spinoffs might be....either Spongegar, Patar, and Squog. One of them, but maybe Patar. All three cavemen are fun to write dialogue for cause all you have to do is make random words with "onga" at the end, and Patar is hilariously dumb to me.

JCM: One notable difference between Past, Present, and Future and The Adventures of Spongetron is the switch to a script=like format. Has the change made writing spin-offs easier for you, or is it about the same as it was before?

MMM: Maybe a little easier, because the script format is kind of faster for me to type, so it kind of speeds up the process. I don't really know why I switched to script format in my short story A Spongey Story to Fame, but I'm glad I did.

JCM: Most of your spin-offs have had plots based on individual SpongeBob episodes. How do you choose which episodes you will or won't spin off?

MMM: What I do is kind of browse through the list of Spongebob episodes and see if I can get an idea from an episode to make a spinoff, or in the case of PPaF, it just comes from an idea.

JCM: Are there episodes you want to spin off in the future?

MMM: I don't plan on it. It might be hard for me to keep up with another spin off, so i'll stick to Past, Present, and Future.

JCM: Your first, not really spin-off but more fan episode, was Spongebob Gets A Boating License / Karma in the Brain Office. Was that your first venture into fan fiction, or were there any before that?

MMM: Actually, yeah. A couple years ago, I typed up some Spongebob shorts I made on MS Word, but, really, no one really knew about them :P

JCM: Do you remember what they were about?

MMM: Yes, two of them. In one SB and Pat fell in a ditch. In one Plankton made a "Blabby Patty" where it told him the Krabby Patty ingridients until it malfunctioned and broke. (BTW I was much younger than I am now when I did these so yeah)

JCM: I notice that you created a Past, Present and Future Fan Club in the Social Groups section. So far, you've made a post in that group allowing fans to submit ideas for Past, Present, and Future? Is there anything else you're thinking of doing with the fan club?

MMM: Maybe new episode airdates that I'm scheduling, but probably nothing else.

JCM: Alright, that's all. Thanks for doing the interview!

MMM: You're welcome. It was a pleasure, Mr. JCM.

(After the interview is over, JCM is about to go out the back door, but thinks twice about it.)

JCM: Nah.

(JCM goes out the back door and gets run over by a truck. The episode ends.)

• Like 6