• Advertisement

Clappy's Top 50 Worst Songs of All Time List

Clappy

This is very reminiscent of Wumbo's list. I actually like both of those songs (both are silly, but fine for what they are).

Well I decided to do it in Wumbo's review style...somewhat. :P

Pretty much everything Mick Jagger did post-1980 is fucking death. Glad to see someone who agrees!

Oh you just wait til the next update then. :smirk:

• Like 2

Hahaha, Dancing in the Street. That's actually a guilty pleasure of mine for how awful it is.

But that Taylor Swift song just sucks. I'd pick "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" as her worst, though.

• Like 1

Hahaha, Dancing in the Street. That's actually a guilty pleasure of mine for how awful it is.

But that Taylor Swift song just sucks. I'd pick "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" as her worst, though.

Eh...I also don't mind "We are Never Ever Getting Back Together" and "I Knew You Were Trouble". Taylor Swift's stuff is stupid, but nothing unbearable to me.

I have mixed feelings towards "Dancing in the Street". It's not a song I'd necessarily choose to listen to, I often skip it when listening to Bowie's greatest hits, but when I do hear it I don't have any strong feelings towards it. It's very meh.

Don't know the Taylor Swift song. Don't want to.

P.S. I hope "Start Me Up" isn't on this list, I love that song,

• Like 1

Alright, alright...well, yeah #50 is kind of silly and it's a let down to know that 2 of the best artists out there felt short on this song, their voices doesn't even sound too pleasant, so I'm with you. #49, eh, don't know this song too much, listening to it right now, sounds like yet another generic Taylor Swift song, something I'd skip in a heartbeat. 

• Like 1

I'll bet anything T.H.E. is somewhere on this list.

Somebody give this Wumbologist a medal.

48. "T.H.E. (The Hardest Ever)" – will.i.am featuring Jennifer Lopez and Mick Jagger

Believe it or not, I don’t have any Black Eyed Peas songs on here at all.  Don’t Stop The Party was a honorable mention.  But no matter how much I hate the later years of The Black Eyed Peas, I couldn’t find myself hating them enough to put them on here…as a group.  Hello will.i.am.  How are you doing?  How’s that solo career?

Somehow since the BEP hiatus, will.i.am has gotten even worse.  Scream and Shout is boring, #thatpower is #awful, I don’t even think his duet with Miley Cyrus even charted, and don’t even get me started on ruining Ke$ha’s new song with his mumbling bit.  That pisses me off so much.  Yet, this was the song that I think defines how bad will.i.am has gotten.  I’ve already gone in depth in the past about how much I hate this song.  I think it was #4 on my worst songs of 2012 list.  But I want to point out that he killed two birds with one stone due to this song.

Has Jennifer Lopez had any hits after this song came out?  I think she tried to promote one with Pitbull but was it a hit?  No.  How about Mick Jagger?  Of course not.  Why was Mick Jagger even on here?  Is it because he gets name dropped in songs all the time now?  Mick, I have a little secret for you.  Your name rhymes with swagger.  Artists are awfully lazy now and since swagger is somehow still culturally relevant, they will rhyme Jagger with swagger.

Oh and speaking of lazy artists, this is current will.i.am in a nutshell.  His mindset is if he can make a catchy earworm beat, it can cover up for half-assed lyrics.  And boy oh boy is the music terrible in this.  It sounds like a car alarm going off key.  Like my ears hurt every time I hear the audio from this.  It’s painful and it makes me focus more on the lyrics and we get gems like these:

Now everybody want my recipe

Tell a jealous chicken I don't know what the beef is

I wait out like NASA, I'm way over here I done past ya

I get stacks of cash, you get cashews, I go hard, statues

3pymby.jpg

But yeah, this song is absolute...actually there is one coherent lyric on here that I agree with

This beat is a shit, feces

Couldn’t have said it any better myself.  Thanks for making my point for me William.

47. "Escape" – Enrique Iglesias

I’m probably going to come off as a massive hypocrite for having this on here.  Especially since there is a song that many consider worse than this, but I’ll get to that in a bit.  But I need to get this out of the way right now.  Enrique Iglesias is not the nice heartwarming guy all you ladies think he is.  Nope, Enrique Iglesias….well, how about I post that other song now?

Yeah Enrique Iglesias is a massive sleazebag.  One of the more obvious ones out there.  Listen to Enrique as he talks about wanting to fuck you and not consensually either.  Tonight he is fucking YOU.  No ifs ands or buts about it.

Now I know what you guys are thinking.  Clappy, why have Escape on here and not the obvious rapey song Tonight I’m Fucking You?  Well, I have to admit.  Despite what I said, Tonight I’m Fucking You is so bad, it’s good.  I kinda dig the techno beat and Ludacris has a thing for saving bad songs.  His guest spot probably saved that song the most.

As for Escape, well that’s not the case.  Nope, Enrique sucks the life out of this song so bad with his blandness that you can feel no sympathy for this sleazebag whatsoever.  It ruined all of Enrique’s other songs for me and to me stained his image.  I can’t listen to any of his songs without thinking that this so called “man of romance” is just as full of shit as a white guy playing an acoustic guitar on the street.  Don’t believe me?

Here's how it goes, you and me, up and down

Yeah, “up” and “down” alright. ;)

Then he throws out some bullshit about how she means something to him.  Yeah she means so much to him that he can’t even talk about their actual “love” enough for us to actually care about her.

I mean hell, look at the chorus:

But soon you'll be finding

You can run, you can hide

But you can't escape my love.

I feel genuinely bad for this girl.  She’s going to be caught by Enrique and “his love/penis”.

I'm not gonna beg you to stay (you can't escape my love)

See?  You can see it however you want it, but Enrique just wants to really really fuck this girl.  I can dissect this song more if you guys want me to, but you can’t escape the inevitable.  Enrique Iglesias just wants to fuck you.  I mean this song wouldn’t be as bad if it wasn’t so boring.  But even with all the rapey lyrics, this song just really really bores me to tears.  I mean it’s one thing to be a bad song, but a bad boring song sometimes can be worse…and you guys will see more of that later on.

• Like 5

The lyrics for both of those songs made me laugh. And I'm going to make a guess too. The song from 1968 on this list is Revolution 9. Please tell me I'm wrong.

Don't get me wrong.  I heavily considered putting Revolution 9 on here.  It's absolutely awful and is hands down the worst Beatles song ever.  But then I realized something.  It's not music...or at least it's not to me.  I don't even think The Beatles were even trying with Revolution 9.  I blame that acid.  

Don't get me wrong.  I heavily considered putting Revolution 9 on here.  It's absolutely awful and is hands down the worst Beatles song ever.  But then I realized something.  It's not music...or at least it's not to me.  I don't even think The Beatles were even trying with Revolution 9.  I blame that acid.  

Well thanks for heavily implying that I was wrong. I totally respect your opinion but...I'm not even a fan of The Beatles and that's my all-time favorite song of theirs aside from Octopus' Garden and A Day in the Life.

Favorite Moments:

Spoiler

"He went to see the dentist for an extra set of spare teeth! Which wasn't any good at all!"

"El Dorado. Take this brother, may it serve you well!"

"Right! Right! Right! Riiiii *voice fades out then comes back louder* IIIIIGGGGGHHHHHTTTTT! RIIIIIGGGGGHHHHHTTTTT!"

"I'M GONNA DIE! AH AH AH...UH UH UH UH..."

"*singing in the shower as steam starts to blow* YOU CAN COME NAKED. OFF TO JAIL!"

But yeah, I totally understand why you don't like it. It took me a few listens to get into it myself. Stuff that requires you to "test your patience" in order to get into is definitely not for everyone.