• Advertisement

Clappy's Top 50 Worst Songs of All Time List

Clappy

I remember once upon a time, Wumbo asked me to do a joint list with him as we both ranked our 50 worst songs ever.  I never got around to doing that with him and watched as Wumbo did it alone.  I regret not doing it with him.

Now, after a long night on the XAT talking about horribad music with Elastic and Ex, I decided I'm going to go ahead and do one anyway.  I've probably passed some milestone recently and needed some way to celebrate it.  So I will definitely start this list in the next week or so.  I need to make sure this list includes every deserving bad song out there to me.

• Like 7

I remember once upon a time, Wumbo asked me to do a joint list with him as we both ranked our 50 worst songs ever.  I never got around to doing that with him and watched as Wumbo did it alone.  I regret not doing it with him.

Yeah, together we might have ousted 5 of the 10 Lil Wayne songs. :P

Can't wait to see the results!

So here are some notes about the layout of this list. I'm probably going to start this Sunday or Monday depending on how finalized this list is.

-I'm not going to have any Nick or Disney channel teen bop music. That would be too easy to mock and hate on. Especially anything from those stars of Shake It Up. Yes I'm talking to you Bella Thorne.

-No music from artists I've never heard of. In other words that underground stuff Dragiiin, Elastic, and Sex constantly share. Sorry guys. :P

-No Rebecca Black, Jenna Rose, etc. That is obviously bad for obvious reasons. That's not music.

-I'm trying to avoid putting on music that is made to start dance crazes. So yeah, no: Pop, Lock, and Drop It, Lean With It, Rock With It, Macarena, Crank That, Teach Me How To Dougie, etc. While all those songs are god awful for all their obvious reasons, I think it's obvious that no actual effort was put into making them legit songs. So why should I put them on here to riff?

So here are some notes about the layout of this list. I'm probably going to start this Sunday or Monday depending on how finalized this list is.

-No music from artists I've never heard of. In other words that underground stuff Dragiiin, Elastic, and Sex constantly share. Sorry guys. :P

-No Rebecca Black, Jenna Rose, etc. That is obviously bad for obvious reasons. That's not music.

I'm actually kinda interested in hearing some of Dragiiin, Elastic, and Sex's underground stuff, and as for Rebecca Black, I honestly do like Friday. It's so terrible, it's awesome. 

The thing about the "underground shit" me and co. are into is that the bad stuff 99.9 percent of the time still has some sort of appeal. Like Satan's Massacre, for example (sorry, I love picking on these guys). Their musicianship is nonexistent, but they make up for it in the hilariously vulgar and stupid lyrics, as well as lo-fi delivery. There's a certain "not-giving-a-fuck" attitude I can appreciate in it. Likewise Insane Clown Posse, even though i'm bound to get shit for saying such a thing. (people tend to take them too seriously (juggalos) or go overboard with the hatred (whatever ICP haters are called.) ) Bottomline: if it's enjoyable in some way (bad or good), then it shouldn't be considered completely shit. If it's, uh, this, on the other hand...

Yeahhhh. I eagerly await the list, cleppear.

• Like 1

-Also decided to add no Brokencyde. They have some of the worst music imaginable. Seriously go straight to YouTube and watch anything by them. It's truly abysmal stuff. But I put them under the same category as YT crap like Rebecca Black, Jenna Rose, etc. since I don't believe they are actually trying...and I didn't want to clutter my list with their music. So even though they won't be on here, Brokencyde is one of the worst "bands" ever...and I think the term band is a stretch.

-Some fun trivia. The oldest song on this list is from 1968. The most recent song from this list is from 2013. Also I think it's safe to say that I have plenty of songs covered in between.

-One of the worst music years ever to me was 2010 and I think it shows because if I counted correctly, that year had the most appearances on here. :P

-Giving you guys a heads up that this will definitely start on Sunday for sure now. Probably in the evening.

• Like 2