• Advertisement

144b. Karate Star

Steel Sponge

Spoiler
Oh jeez....I don't wanna see it. 428899.gif But I will anyway. xD

I added a pole to to your message, by the way.

Why? Does Steel_Sponge want to dance around it? 428899.gif

Also, why don't you wanna see the episode?

I thought it was a pretty good episode. Onto the review.

Karate Star :

* The Title of the episode reminds me of the Karate Kid.

* It feels like it has been ages since we have had A Karate episode.

* Speaking of Karate, spongebob still knows a few Karate skills as well.

* And here comes Patrick, showing off one powerful punch.

* Patrick sure seems impatient to learn Karate.

* So, Sandy has Green Karate gear, Spongebob and Red Karate gear, and Patrick has Blue Karate gear. I wonder if this hints at more Karate gear coming soon, which could hint more Karate episodes.

* Say good-bye to the Lemonade stand.

* Patrick makes up for his mess up and gives one powerful chop at the bricks.

* Jeez, Patrick has been taking his vitamins.

* Dang, my TV went blank for a few seconds. 305752.gif I don't think I missed anything though.

* Patrick has turned into some Chopping Machine.

* That is one huge tower of Icecream.

* I just knew Patrick would smash the table and the icecream would go flying up and into his mouth.

* Another Arcade? We just saw one in the Cent of Money. Odd, it is different as well. Though, there probably is more than 1 Arcades in Bikini Bottom anyways.

* Patrick sure went on a Chopping Rampage.

* Poor Patrick.

* I would like one of those TV's.

* Great Patrick, great. You destroyed the Barg' N Mart.

* Now I should say Poor Spongebob.

* Patrick ripping off his fin was odd..

* Oh wait nevermind, he can grow it back. 428899.gif

* Looks like The Barg' N Mart came crashing down as well..

Grade: A

Okay, time for my review. I actually liked this episode in the beginning. It had some originality and was pretty good. But it reminded me of Rule of the Dumb went Patrick went ape crazy and destroyed the town and got mad at Spongebob. It then got odd when Patrick couldn't stop from chopping and chopped the Barg n' Mart. It got even weirder when Patrick pulled off his finn and then grew it back along with another Patrick. Overall, it was a decent episode earning a 7 in the pole and a B-.

Karate Star

Let me just start off by saying that this week of premiers has been one of the best lately all episodes were good. Well anyway this episode was good like yesterday's but not as good as Tuesday's and Wednesday's. The plot about Patrick doing Karate was very good and I'm surprised that they've never did one like it. Well plot aside I thought they could of done better with the story like Patrick chopping stuff got quite old and repetitive but still kept me entertained. The jokes weren't as good as previous episodes but the one's they did were pretty good. This was probably the weakest of the week but that doesn't say much considering the previous episodes.

Score: B-, 3.5/5, 7/10, Good

This episode bored the hell out of me, I mean come on its ridiculous that Patrick chopped everything in sight. I kinda liked how it quickly became more about the friendship between SpongeBob and Patrick, but this episode was just bland 428899.gif.

Grade - C-

Casey, Zeus, and Derek shoveled alot of garbage at us in Season 7 (Earworm, Sponge-Cano!, Wreck of the Mauna Loa, etc.) but this was one of their better efforts, for sure. Bringing back the theme of karate was refreshing, and though opting for the "Patrick is stupid, and goes crazy" formula again, he isn't in full-on infuriatingly stupid mode, thank goodness. It loses it's way a bit near the end, just sort of flying off of the handle, which I guess is appropriate, be it actually intentional. But, yeah, no huge complaints.

Decent.

Just caught this episode for the first time. It's not that it wasn't good, but the plot was just not that exciting. I mean Patrick goes karate chop crazy and can't stop? I mean it could have been much better, but they took the easy route and just emphasized on the over the topness of Patrick. It wouldn't surprise me if I end up forgetting about this episode's existence in a few weeks. Nothing in particular stood out to me.

5/10

I thought the episode would be about a fight between the protagonists. Instead, we get an episode that's stupid and makes no sense.

The commercials definitely made it seem like that. Man, that would've been great..

Still a good episode. 8/10