• Advertisement

SBC's Top 50 Worst SpongeBob Episodes

Clappy

I think it was voted so high because people like the karate side of SpongeBob and this was the first one that came to their minds. I don't really like the fight scenes either, they were forced and felt like they were pointless.

• Like 2

I think it was voted so high because people like the karate side of SpongeBob and this was the first one that came to their minds.

What about Karate Choppers? :P

43. Grooming Gary

SpongeBob.s6e10b.Grooming.Gary.RUS_SpanchBob.info.jpg

40 points. 3 out of 17 lists. (#9 Wooden Steel)

SpongeBob enters Gary into a pet show, but Gary is not too happy about it. When SpongeBob sees Charles with his award-winning pet, Foofy, he can see how Gary is much less fancy than the other. Together with Patrick, they try to spice Gary up, with a little wash, hair, and a new leash (because the old one was a rope...really). Afterwards, they go back to the show and SpongeBob and Gary entered themselves in. Patrick, though, got upset because he was permitted behind the red line.

During the contest, the judge reaches into Gary's shell and the snail freaks out. He then starts a pet riot and all other pets throw away their accessories and attacked their owners. Then SpongeBob stopped the rampage and communicated to Gary through snail-talk what's going on. It is revealed that all the pets wanted to be treated fairly like they really wanted, not to be fancied up for whatsoever. Hearing this, the judge awards the 1st prize trophy to SpongeBob. He thinks this was all because of Gary, but the judge actually appreciates SpongeBob's "other pet": Patrick disguising as a dog!

So the last one for today, I was legit surprised by. And by that I mean I almost forgot about it's existence. After re-watching it again, it still wasn't that memorable. I mean Gary gets mad, the pets get even, SpongeBob speaks for Gary, bad joke to end the episode involving Patrick. Nothing really sticks out except for the oddly dressed pets. Just a forgettable episode that I have no problem with being on here. I mean you would think you would remember an episode where Gary had hair...right?

• Like 5

Never seen Grooming Gary, but I actually enjoyed Demolition Doofus. It was definitely a darker Mrs. Puff episode, but I think it worked.

Karate Island was just mediocre for me. I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it either.

• Like 1

Anywho, Nuggets torture is finally over.

No, the list still makes me cry. :P

Anyway, I've disagreed with pretty much every choice on the list, but it's still fun to read the reviews and see how you can make cry what's up next. I think the main problem is that these episodes are flawed, but not bad enough to be on a "worst of all time" li-

*sees Grooming Gary*

*praises the lord*

YES. Grooming Gary is boring and all around just an irritating episode. With only one good gag ("YOU'LL NEVER KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE TO BE ALONE BEHIND THE RED ROPE!") it was just a bunch of Gary/other pet torture. Glad to see it on the list.

• Like 5

If I'm With Stupid's appearance on here got people's arms in the air.....

42. I Was a Teenage Gary

444.png

41 points. 3 out of 17 lists. (#1 Steel)

When SpongeBob is informed that the annual jellyfishing convention in Ukulele Bottom is on this weekend, he replies that no-one will be here to take care of Gary, and that he can't come. He asks Squidward, who refuses. However, Squidward changes his mind when he hears that this means SpongeBob and Patrick will be gone. SpongeBob shows Squidward how to take care of Gary, but he isn't listening due to his excitement. When SpongeBob and Patrick go away, Squidward sun tans for three days and forgets all about Gary.

Squidward suddenly remembers that he was supposed to take care of Gary. However, when he goes to get Gary, he finds him very sick, due to lack of food, water, and attention. Squidward, thinking he will be able to help, tried to give Gary some food. However, Gary is so weak from waiting for SpongeBob to come home, he is limp in Squidward's arms and will not eat. When he hears SpongeBob coming in, Squidward gives up and puts all of Gary's food into his mouth. He greets SpongeBob awkwardly, and explains that he was only checking on Gary.

SpongeBob realizes that something is wrong, and quickly calls the local veterinarian. He comes over to SpongeBob's house, and gives SpongeBob a syringe full of snail plasma. SpongeBob asks Squidward to give Gary the plasma, as he is squimish. Squidward reluctantly agrees and, while trying to inject Gary, accidentally injects SpongeBob with snail plasma causing SpongeBob to worry about the consequences. Upon realizing that Gary only needed water, Squidward leaves telling SpongeBob not to worry. Sometime later, SpongeBob starts acting slow and somewhat like a snail as well as eating Gary's food himself when he goes to the bathroom his eyes stretch out of his body and grow his arms and legs disappear into his body and his body reshapes itself as a finished result Spongebob has turned into a snail.

SpongeSnail goes over to Squidward's house, but Squidward is terrified of the fact that SpongeBob turned into a snail because of his lousy aim and he throws the snail plasma away and he tries blocking the doors and windows and tries to run and hide from SpongeSnail. SpongeSnail chases him for help, but Squidward tries to avoid him and makes a mess of his house. Amongst the chaos, Squidward accidentally injects himself with the plasma, turning him into a snail as well. The episode ends with SquidSnail, SpongeSnail and Gary meowing a ditty on top of a fence. Patrick, annoyed by this yells at them to clam up and throws a boot at SquidSnail.

It was a surprise to see this on here to say the least. Steel's vote for number one pretty much secured this episode a spot on here. This was the first of the sixteen number one voted worst episodes to be revealed. That is not a typo by the way because one number one voted episode didn't even make the countdown (I'll reveal which one that was once the countdown ends).

Anywho, I like this episode...a lot, but hey I can say that I disagree about most of the episodes so far. But this is a countdown formed by seventeen users, so their opinion matters too. If I can think of any low points in this episode was Gary's sick face. I felt bad for the poor guy...until I laughed that he only needed a drink of water to recover.

Since I work til late tonight and will be mobile whenever I'm on here shortly, I decided to post another one....and it's another pre-movie episode that will surely spark debate for it's inclusion by those who didn't vote for it.

41. Rock-a-Bye Bivalve

SpongeBob.s3e09b.Rock.a.Bye.Bivalve.Rus_spanchbob.info.jpg

41 points. 4 out of 17 lists. (#8 Steel)

SpongeBob and Patrick are playing with the rubber bands from their newspapers . They spot a baby scallop in a coral tree, which they name "Junior " and decide to adopt, with SpongeBob as the Mom and Patrick as the Dad. However, SpongeBob has to do all the work to care for the baby as, Patrick has to go to work. Patrick promises to take a turn caring for the baby, which he repeatedly fails to fulfill.

Eventually, SpongeBob angrily lashes out at Patrick, who then gets fed up and decides to go back to "work". SpongeBob follows him, and finds out that "work" consists of Patrick watching television under his rock.Then SpongeBob opens up Patrick's briefcase and dumps ice cream and donuts all over Patrick, then the two begin to fight, until they see Junior jumping a two story window out. They try to catch him, but fail and begin crying for him, believing him to be no longer alive and proclaiming themselves "bad parents".

However, then they realize that Junior's alive and well, and has learned to fly. After Junior kisses SpongeBob and flies away, Patrick asks " Hey! what about Daddy?" Junior drops a coconut on Patrick's head, who responds "That's my boy". After the parents say goodbye to their son, Patrick says "Let's have another", and SpongeBob makes a shocked face.

Sorry for the short recap, but I felt the summary for I Was a Teenage Gary was a bit too long, so I tried to make this one shorter. I have and will always be rather indifferent about this episode. I know that this is one of those "SpongeBob x Patrick" shipper episodes and I have no problem with that. My problem is the ending. I have never liked Patrick's "let's have another" line. For as many hilarious moments as this episode brings, that one line at the end just moves this out of "like" to "it's ok" territory. I can put up with the Douche Patrick moments because I find them kind of funny in this episode, unlike I'm With Stupid. But when Patrick mutters that one line, it just makes me shake my head. Still, I don't hate this episode and it's surprising to see this on here at all to say the least.

I know that I Was a Teenage Gary has always been one of the least pre movie episodes liked by fans. I don't really have a problem with it, but of course I felt a little bad for Gary in it. Rock-a-Bye Bivalve, I'm really shocked to see it here. To be honest the episode is what you make it. I myself don't think of it as a shipping episode, rather then just a gag that some cartoons have done too. The episode is actually really good, but if people chose it because they didn't like the idea of SpongeBob and Patrick playing parents I understand. For me I would probably call it one of my favorites though. Patrick's last line in the episode I understand. I know that he's naive and sometimes he'll say the dumbest things.

• Like 2

Since I work til late tonight and will be mobile whenever I'm on here shortly, I decided to post another one....and it's another pre-movie episode that will surely spark debate for it's inclusion by those who didn't vote for it.

41. Rock-a-Bye Bivalve

SpongeBob and Patrick are playing with the rubber bands from their newspapers . They spot a baby scallop in a coral tree, which they name "Junior " and decide to adopt, with SpongeBob as the Mom and Patrick as the Dad. However, SpongeBob has to do all the work to care for the baby as, Patrick has to go to work. Patrick promises to take a turn caring for the baby, which he repeatedly fails to fulfill.

Eventually, SpongeBob angrily lashes out at Patrick, who then gets fed up and decides to go back to "work". SpongeBob follows him, and finds out that "work" consists of Patrick watching television under his rock.Then SpongeBob opens up Patrick's briefcase and dumps ice cream and donuts all over Patrick, then the two begin to fight, until they see Junior jumping a two story window out. They try to catch him, but fail and begin crying for him, believing him to be no longer alive and proclaiming themselves "bad parents".

However, then they realize that Junior's alive and well, and has learned to fly. After Junior kisses SpongeBob and flies away, Patrick asks " Hey! what about Daddy?" Junior drops a coconut on Patrick's head, who responds "That's my boy". After the parents say goodbye to their son, Patrick says "Let's have another", and SpongeBob makes a shocked face.

Sorry for the short recap, but I felt the summary for I Was a Teenage Gary was a bit too long, so I tried to make this one shorter. I have and will always be rather indifferent about this episode. I know that this is one of those "SpongeBob x Patrick" shipper episodes and I have no problem with that. My problem is the ending. I have never liked Patrick's "let's have another" line. For as many hilarious moments as this episode brings, that one line at the end just moves this out of "like" to "it's ok" territory. I can put up with the Douche Patrick moments because I find them kind of funny in this episode, unlike I'm With Stupid. But when Patrick mutters that one line, it just makes me shake my head. Still, I don't hate this episode and it's surprising to see this on here at all to say the least.

41. Rock-a-Bye Bivalve

D: That's one of my favorite episodes

• Like 1

Never seen Grooming Gary, but I actually enjoyed Demolition Doofus. It was definitely a darker Mrs. Puff episode, but I think it worked.

Karate Island was just mediocre for me. I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it either.

YES YES YES YES YES

• Like 1

41. Rock-a-Bye Bivalve

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO