• Advertisement

Disney to Acquires Lucasfilm LTD

SpongeOddFan

There are rumors going around that Damon Lindelof of Lost fame will help write this movie. I'm hoping to God that those rumors aren't true.

Wasn't he the co-writer of Prometheus, also? Because writing-wise, that movie utterly failed. However, these are newer Star Wars movies, so i'm not expecting much. I'll be pleasantly surprised if they don't suck.

My feelings are honestly mixed. Disney has potential based on previous works, but they can easily mess it up without the proper crew. There are a couple of books out with plot ideas for Episodes VII-IX, and Disney may or may not use them as guides. Like I said, could go either way.

I don't get why people think Disney is terrible. They're a business and they're a smart one at that. Just because they're known for animation doesn't mean they're only good at animation. Remember when everyone thought Marvel being bought by Disney was the worst move of the history of ever because they just couldn't stand the thought of Donald Duck and The Hulk being part of the family. And then we got one of the greatest movie franchises of all time, culminating in The Avengers which was the blockbuster hit of all eternity, because people still went to see the movies leading up to it regardless of how against the move they were.

Disney is good, people. Realize this, embrace this, and enjoy the movies as they come because you'll be seeing them anyway so you may as well take those rose-tinted glasses off, put on some nifty 3D ones instead, and strap yourself in for lots and lots of Star Wars.

• Like 3

Being raised on Star Wars, I'm staying optimistic about this whole situation. I'm sure Disney won't stray THAT far from the source material as there is a lot to go on from in the extended Star Wars universe, it'd be fucking stupid for the writing staff not to at least research the stuff. Another thing I don't get is why people are saying that they're afraid of Star Wars being everywhere and pushed down our throats now that it's owned by Disney. As if it hasn't been everywhere and pushed down our throats already.

I don't get why people think Disney is terrible. They're a business and they're a smart one at that. Just because they're known for animation doesn't mean they're only good at animation. Remember when everyone thought Marvel being bought by Disney was the worst move of the history of ever because they just couldn't stand the thought of Donald Duck and The Hulk being part of the family. And then we got one of the greatest movie franchises of all time, culminating in The Avengers which was the blockbuster hit of all eternity, because people still went to see the movies leading up to it regardless of how against the move they were.

Disney is good, people. Realize this, embrace this, and enjoy the movies as they come because you'll be seeing them anyway so you may as well take those rose-tinted glasses off, put on some nifty 3D ones instead, and strap yourself in for lots and lots of Star Wars.

It's not because Disney is bad. I personally don't like the move because I just can't see what else they can do with the franchise. I also don't get why resurrecting Darth Vader, except for the obvious face of the franchise reason. But you have a point. Disney handles their coups quite well. I sincerely hope this next trilogy will be good and better Disney, who like you said, is on quite the roll lately.
  • Like 1

If the new movie trilogy is ANYTHING like the "Star Wars" book trilogy (called the "Grand Admiral Thrawn" trilogy) that has LONG been rumored to be the genuine source for George Lucas to base his "Sequel" trilogy on, I'm all for it! :D

Isn't that the same guy that did Star Trek? Man, it's like if someone produced commercials for both Coca Cola and Pepsi.

Yes it's the same guy and yes I can see the Star Wars fanboys being pissed off that a Trekkie is filming the new trilogy. However, if you look at the overall product, I don't see how this is a bad decision at all. I mean Abrams is one of the best directors working in Hollywood today. Plus, Abrams is vocal about how he is a bigger Star Wars fan than Star Trek fan, so that could mean more effort being put into this.