• Advertisement

Steel Reviews Animated Stuff and What Not

Steel Sponge

I just watched the NC reviews of both animated Titanic movies. Dear Lord, so much lulz and bad taste, it was amazing how they can turn such a horrible disaster into, well, more disastrous movies and they both have the gall to claim that they are the REAL stories of the Titanic.

Time to add up to my roster again.

Yay, more Cult Movies!:

The Nine Lives of Frtiz the Cat

Fire & Ice

Haunted World of El Superbeasto (Would be on hold)

The Black Cauldron

Felidae (Recently checked that it actually has a cult following)

The Lord of the Rings (1978)

And I'm thinking about The Brave Little Toaster

Old and/or Ghetto Movies:

Cartoon Noir (Will be on hold; no movie available around here)

The Adventures of the American Rabbit

Other Movies:

Digimon: The Movie

Tarzan & Jane

Animated Series:

Angela Anaconda (fully fledged review)

Captain Planet and the Planeteers

Loonatics Unleashed

Anything from Cartoon Network (which are panned)

After many posts to spam up speculation for my review series overall, here's a new review:

Review 002: Fanboy and Chum Chum

Type: CGI animated show

Country origin: IN AMERICA

Rating: 2.5 Baby Littlefoots

Raise your hand if you saw this one coming. Well, then again, I've gotten things out of my chest when Viacom did the unthinkable, and to celebrate getting my channels back, here is a review of a cartoon from a channel owned by Viacom. One downside I consider myself for somebody who wants to control one handle of the animation world, I'm one person who is in a critical mood, but...anybody can be critical about anything. But whatever, as extreme criticism was already done for this show, I'm going into less harsh matters, but that wouldn't mean that I would not be funny at all.

Well, we'd always start with the theme song right? What I'd think of the theme song as of right now, it sounds or feels like Centerfold with a dose of LSD. Not that I'm saying that the theme song was on drugs, cuz' simply saying that would make me feel unoriginal. What else can I say? It's random. But that's the point. The bottom line is, the theme song doesn't really sell for me.

Before we move on to the episodes...or the amount of episodes I've witnessed until I decided to give up watching the show, the characters could use some criticizing from the Sponge of Steel. First we got the two title characters Fanboy and Chum Chum. First is Fanboy, the comic book fan who wears a pair of *wheeze* HIS FAVORITE UNDERPANTS...enough with that Spongebob reference, he wears a green unitard and a pair of underpants. For one who is definately not good at describing through characters in general, that is not in any means of importance. What's important would be his personality. Does Fanboy represent a likeable character? Well....he would be in-between that, but paying attention to him enough, he can act as a jerk sometimes, but wouldn't stoop to Johnny Test's level of jerkass. What can I say about Chum Chum? He's a fairly tolerable character, no exceptions, NEXT. Before I would go on, I have one question that would be debateable. How come we have a problem with the lack of creativity with the rest of the character names, but in shows like Invader Zim (with an example being the 3-letter scheme), we're okay with it?

Moving on, we got the wizard boy named Kyle, who pretty much is tolerable enough, yet it feels like he's there to be part of the Anti-hero-who-would-always-suffer-cliche. I got nothing else on Kyle. Now comes the main problem I have, and it's one character. Ladies and gentlemen, Boogregard Q. Kazoo, I mean Boog. Boog is just basically your generic bully, and bops his customers for no flipping reason or given backstory whatsoever, who also masturbates to a Chimp Chomp machine. Boog is just...ugh. Alright, who's next...we got Yo. No, I am not kidding, her name is actually Yo. Considering that I don't see her much on the show and I'm not very at heart with her characteristics, I have not much too say, except her stalker crush with Chum Chum. So there goes another shrug with another character. To join the cast with Frosty Mart gig, we got Lenny who is also only there to pull a Squidward and suffer most of the time. Lastly, I'd talk about the school teacher Mr. Mufflin. He just confuses me, in certain scenes he's just random, creepy, irate, easygoing, outgoing...who the hell is supposed to develop his character? I'm just saying, except a bunch of different personality traits from him.

Now I'm done with the characters. Let's go through the episodes I've watched. Wizboy...don't remember it, Pick a Nose....don't remember it....The Janitor Strikes Back. I guess it's time to discuss the character Janitor Poopatine...I don't like his name, when it comes to parodying something from Star Wars, end of discussion. The Janitor Strikes Back is just meh. Dollar Day....don't remember it...Trading Day was okay...The Hard Sell wasn't really anything funny or interesting....Digital Pet Cemetery...predictable at times....Fanboy Stinks....look out diehard grossout haters. I, Fanbot, I remember that one enough. I find it pretty dumb, I mean the robot claws gag was annoying, and the plot with Fanboy having the body of a robot and not having the brain of one surely didn't make the episode interesting whilst things did not work out well. I mean, why dismantle a Fanboy robot over getting most of the class 0's and not getting the class a super bouncy house? And oh yeah, we also got a lame ending...the episode is a miss. Berry Sick was pretty insane...

Now let's discuss the next episode Chimp Chomp Chumps. Self-explanitory of how the episode turned out. Fanboy and Chum Chum get tickets to the Chimp Chomp movie and Boog is ticket-less, resulting into having to do anything for a ticket. Considering that they've stalled Boog enough, they just stupidly missed the big event, big whoop. Precious Pig, I would not recommend that one, Monster in the Mist was meh, Fangboy was meh, Chicken Pox was meh, Moppy Dearest...don't remember that, Excuse Me...hated it, Night Morning, nothing really interesting, Saving Private Chum Chum...hated it, Jingle Fever...hated it. Now comes the stinger for making me give up on the show, I didn't watch it completely, but it was called Battle of the Stands. Fanboy and Chum Chum compete with Yo with their lemonade stands. It doesn't really end well, considering that they've ended up being sticks in the mud. I could have remembered more, but seeing the ending already got me into hating that episode.

Lastly, let's talk about the execution. Giving it a second Season 2 was no smart move, considering that it's going to be shipped to Nicktoons anytime soon, like all the other Nicktoons that went under the truancy act of Nickelodeon. (I mean, why do they do that!?) The executives are probably flabbergasted with the overall criticism of FB and CC, but I digress. Goes to show that putting unfinished Nicktoons in the Disney XD of Nickelodeon probably proves that Nick is trying to stoop to Disney Channel's level. Maybe we'll see Spongebob on Nicktoons for leftover episodes anytime soon! But why bother complain or care? FB&CC is coming to an end, and nobody really cares. To anybody who could be aware of this situation, I ought to pop up that popcorn.

So yeah, whilst it isn't too annoying or too bad, it's random. But hey, that's the point! What does not stand out is the unoriginal plots, unfunny jokes, poorly developed characters, and many more. So yeah, I've seen worse animated shows. It's just that it's probably strictly for the young at heart. No, the really, really, really, really, younger audiences would be more like it to actually enjoy FB&CC. So yeah, if you're a big time, traditional Nickelodeon fan, then this show Is NOT for you. Anyways, I give it 2.5 Baby Littlefoots. Cue the moment where I use Paint on this one. Actually, I'm lazy on that. I'll just leave off with two of them.

tumblr_l0wbd2lojh1qae7w2o1_500.png

tumblr_l0wbd2lojh1qae7w2o1_500.png

Time for some schedule speculation:

Any day before next Thursday: The Nine Lives of Fritz the Cat

8/2: Digimon: The Movie

8/9: Felidae

8/16: Fire & Ice

8/23: Lord of the Rings (1978)

8/30: Unamed Top 10

9/6: The Adventures of the American Rabbit

9/13: TOP SECRET

9/20: The Black Cauldron

9/27: Angela Anaconda

The Lion King 1 ½...dear lord.

My memories of the original Lion King almost got soiled by this shitty direct to video sequel...almost.

Aladdin 4: Jafar May Need Glasses is sounding better and better with all these crappy direct to video Disney sequels. Hercules Zero to Hero, anyone?

My memories of the original Lion King almost got soiled by this shitty direct to video sequel...almost.

Aladdin 4: Jafar May Need Glasses is sounding better and better with all these crappy direct to video Disney sequels. Hercules Zero to Hero, anyone?

It was a smart move for John Lasseter to discontinue all the uneeded sequel/prequel/midquel/interquel/anywherequels. Hence the Tinker Bell Chronicles.

Hunchback Notre Dame II is a maybe. I'm not really disgusted with 1/2 though. As for Zero to Hero, seeing how it's the least discussed Disney sequel, I'm not sure about its availability.