• Advertisement

July 2012 Premiere Info

Jjs Goodman

United States

July 21st, 2012:

179A - Extreme Spots (8:00 PM ET/PT)

-When The Drasticals come to town, their new super fans, SpongeBob and Patrick, try to do whatever it takes to join them, no matter how extreme – or dangerous. Whether attempting sand motor biking, hang gliding, seashell surfing or extreme bubble blowing, SpongeBob and Patrick undertake the challenge in an effort to demonstrate they’re extreme.

179B - Squirrel Record (8:15 PM ET/PT)

-Sandy is determined to break a record number of world records, in record time, so SpongeBob joins her for an action-packed weekend of dangerous record setting! World's longest tooth, spiciest chili gargle and most chainsaws juggled are among the records Sandy is aiming to beat.

173B - Demolition Doofus (8:30 PM ET/PT)

-Mrs. Puff enters SpongeBob into the Demolition Derby, where his bad driving makes him a star.

172A - Face Freeze! (8:45 PM ET/PT)

-SpongeBob and Patrick bet who can hold a “funny face” the longest – until their faces freeze that way.

Source: http://tvbythenumber...v-event/140290/

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Germany

July 14th, 2012:

159 - A SquarePants Family Vacation

160 - Patrick’s Staycation / Walking the Plankton

• Like 3

Wait, it's not called Extreme Sports? :S

Tbh, it's kind of up for debate. The original press release article from way back in January said Spots (and so did the clip from nick.com before it got removed), but now it appears to say Sports. I guess we'll find out on July 21st in the episode's title card on what it really is.

http://spongenews.net/9-staffel/

According to a German fan site called "SpongeNews" the production number is 180 which means that Extreme Sports will be part of the ninth season. I don't know how useful this information is but I know this site for a long time and the Admin "Jörg" does a great job when it comes to find new things about SpongeBob. And what's really interesting is the fact that he wrote "July 2012" one or two weeks ago before everyone else knew this. I guess he has very good sources... however, it's still too risky to use 180 as the official production number if you ask me. Or what do you guys think?

• Like 1

http://spongenews.net/9-staffel/

According to a German fan site called "SpongeNews" the production number is 180 which means that Extreme Sports will be part of the ninth season. I don't know how useful this information is but I know this site for a long time and the Admin "Jrg" does a great job when it comes to find new things about SpongeBob. And what's really interesting is the fact that he wrote "July 2012" one or two weeks ago before everyone else knew this. I guess he has very good sources... however, it's still too risky to use 180 as the official production number if you ask me. Or what do you guys think?

Hmm...

A user who used to come here a while ago named BeachBob (coincidentally, he was also German) linked us to that site back in September 2010, when it was revealed Seasons 6-present are 26 episodes, not 20. So if that same site revealed that, then I guess 180 could be very well accurate. Thanks for the reveal, Chrdrenkmann. Although now I do wonder what 178 is..

• Like 1

......Wait. I posted this on June 6th back on SBM.

.....Why would they animate this in HD?

whoa.gif Maybe this episode is from Season 9 and they're going to be doing the whole Season like this? I really hope that's the case.

But, if this is just a Season 8 episode, then I don't understand why it's in HD. Even if it is a special, why weren't A Squarepants Family Vacation or Ghoul Fools animated in HD? Odd. Hoping for the first option.

So....I called this? Accidentally, but still? tongue.png If Extreme Spots really is from Season 9, does that mean the whole Season will be done in HD? Awesome. I'm a little skeptical, b/c I'd expect a lot more news about this. When The Simpsons and Family Guy switched to HD, it was a big deal.

I hope it's not just a one-time thing.