• Advertisement

Gravity Falls

Steel Sponge

I am. The only thing I'm confused about is if it Bill is really evil, or if he is just being doing Gideon's bidding because he summoned him (then again, that Rumble's Revenge code did say Bill was a trickster who likes to play games).

I also found a cool little easter egg earlier today from "The Hand That Rocks The Mabel" that hinted to Gideon's relation with Bill:

Spoiler
billclue_zps4d904f60.jpg

I really don't know what Bill's gonna be like, and I'm glad. There are a lot of directions Hirsch could go and any of them would be great. I'm hoping that Bill gets significance beyond this episode and he's a character that has his own agenda, whatever that may be (probably having to do with the books, or the oddities surrounding Gravity Falls, or both).

Oh, and to go off plot advancements: Did anyone happen catch the leaked picture that was floating around a little bit ago?

NEW EPISODE! JULY 12! THE MOST REVEALING EPISODE EVER! WHO IS BILL?

Maybe he's the demon? Plot Guess, Gideon uses all the items seen in the opening credits to bring Bill back to life?

I don't think I did. What was the picture of?

I don't normally type in bolded capslock, but this is important because the plot of this show is so clever.

SERIOUSLY SERIOUS SPOILERS ABOUT TO GO DOWN Y'ALL

Spoiler

A previously shown character writing the books. Hirsch was beyond pissed that it got leaked.

And again:

SERIOUSLY SERIOUS SPOILERS BUILDING OFF THAT ONE REVEALING THE CHARACTER

Spoiler

The character was a young Oldman (Youngman?) McGucket. It looked like all of the injuries he has now were relatively new at the time.

And here's my speculation on that!

Spoiler

I think it'd make a lot of sense if he was slowly (or quickly) losing his sanity or memory, or he dug way too deep and had to write down everything happening in Gravity Falls in one book. Unless each book contains different information, sort of like an Encyclopedia of Gravity Falls, then writing three books makes no sense. It makes more sense (to me) for someone to come along and copy the original book. There are a lot of theories floating around that Stan has an identical twin (because he's looked different in flashbacks and has been called both Stanley and Stanford on different occasions), so I'd bet it was either him or Bill that copied the books, for whatever reason. Maybe someone just shoved it into the magic copier? Has either known copy gotten wet yet? It'd explain why each one is numbered (since it'd be a callback/callforward to Dipper numbering his clones).

• Like 2

I don't normally type in bolded capslock, but this is important because the plot of this show is so clever.

SERIOUSLY SERIOUS SPOILERS ABOUT TO GO DOWN Y'ALL

Spoiler

A previously shown character writing the books. Hirsch was beyond pissed that it got leaked.

And again:

SERIOUSLY SERIOUS SPOILERS BUILDING OFF THAT ONE REVEALING THE CHARACTER

Spoiler

The character was a young Oldman (Youngman?) McGucket. It looked like all of the injuries he has now were relatively new at the time.

And here's my speculation on that!

Spoiler

I think it'd make a lot of sense if he was slowly (or quickly) losing his sanity or memory, or he dug way too deep and had to write down everything happening in Gravity Falls in one book. Unless each book contains different information, sort of like an Encyclopedia of Gravity Falls, then writing three books makes no sense. It makes more sense (to me) for someone to come along and copy the original book. There are a lot of theories floating around that Stan has an identical twin (because he's looked different in flashbacks and has been called both Stanley and Stanford on different occasions), so I'd bet it was either him or Bill that copied the books, for whatever reason. Maybe someone just shoved it into the magic copier? Has either known copy gotten wet yet? It'd explain why each one is numbered (since it'd be a callback/callforward to Dipper numbering his clones).

Spoiler

Old Man McGrucket being the author of one of them makes a lot of sense. Remember the tree from the first episode, where Dipper found the third book? It was made of robotic metal like stuff. The only person in Gravity Falls who could be capable of making that is McGrucket, considering his fake Gobblewonker from the second episode. McGrucket seems like the oldest resident in the town, as well, so he definitely has some knowledge. As for his weird acts, maybe he's just covering them up to hide from whoever is after the books. It's possible maybe he even intentionally lost his memory somehow so whoever was hunting him for the books wouldn't be able to get the info from him.

As for other people who could have written one of the books or be involved with them, I have my suspicions on Soos. He seems to have a lot of strange background to him. I've managed to compile a lot of reasons throughout my research:

- He was the first ever employee at the Mystery Shack and has been working there since he was 12 years old. Therefore, he definitely must know a lot.

- This isn't a huge example, but he is the only last character's name who hasn't been revealed, which I find a bit weird. His backstory in general is really mysterious.

- One of the biggest clues is from the Rumble's Revenge game, the cryptograms about Bill had one of them saying "The handyman knows more than you think". I'm more than confident that is referring to Soos.

- "Tourist Trapped": He believed Dipper about Norman being a zombie. 

- "Legend of the Gobblewonker": He didn't seem really shocked or surprised when he saw the Gobblewonker, even if it was fake.

- "Head Hunters": How did Soos just randomly find a secret room out of nowhere? Was he looking for something else (perhaps he vending machine room)?

- "Fight Fighters": Soos didn't seem really freaked out when he saw Rumble.

- "Little Dipper": Soos wasn't too scared at all when Gideon shrunk him. Also, the part where he took Stan's fez and said "Someday", could be foreshadowing something.

- "Summerween": He basically knew everything about the Summerween Trickster. 

- "Bottomless Pit!": He didn't seem too freaked out about the bottomless pit.

- "The Deep End": Why was he out at the pool late at night? His excuse to "save the inflatable ducks" could have been a cover up for something else, perhaps he was looking for one of the books.

- "Carpet Diem": Once again, he finds another hidden room out of nowhere. That can't be a coincidence.

- "The Land Before Swine": I have a feeling Soos might have intentionally rolled up the yarn in the caves. Maybe he didn't want them to find something down there? Also, his knowledge about the pterodactyl eyes was sort of suspicious, as if he had experience with it before. Also again, he didn't seemed too freaked out about the dinosaurs being there.

I could be over-analyzing some of these though, but a few of them are a bit suspicious. If you can think of any others, that'd be great.

• Like 3

Spoiler

Old Man McGrucket being the author of one of them makes a lot of sense. Remember the tree from the first episode, where Dipper found the third book? It was made of robotic metal like stuff. The only person in Gravity Falls who could be capable of making that is McGrucket, considering his fake Gobblewonker from the second episode. McGrucket seems like the oldest resident in the town, as well, so he definitely has some knowledge. As for his weird acts, maybe he's just covering them up to hide from whoever is after the books. It's possible maybe he even intentionally lost his memory somehow so whoever was hunting him for the books wouldn't be able to get the info from him.

As for other people who could have written one of the books or be involved with them, I have my suspicions on Soos. He seems to have a lot of strange background to him. I've managed to compile a lot of reasons throughout my research:

- He was the first ever employee at the Mystery Shack and has been working there since he was 12 years old. Therefore, he definitely must know a lot.

- This isn't a huge example, but he is the only last character's name who hasn't been revealed, which I find a bit weird. His backstory in general is really mysterious.

- One of the biggest clues is from the Rumble's Revenge game, the cryptograms about Bill had one of them saying "The handyman knows more than you think". I'm more than confident that is referring to Soos.

- "Tourist Trapped": He believed Dipper about Norman being a zombie. 

- "Legend of the Gobblewonker": He didn't seem really shocked or surprised when he saw the Gobblewonker, even if it was fake.

- "Head Hunters": How did Soos just randomly find a secret room out of nowhere? Was he looking for something else (perhaps he vending machine room)?

- "Fight Fighters": Soos didn't seem really freaked out when he saw Rumble.

- "Little Dipper": Soos wasn't too scared at all when Gideon shrunk him. Also, the part where he took Stan's fez and said "Someday", could be foreshadowing something.

- "Summerween": He basically knew everything about the Summerween Trickster. 

- "Bottomless Pit!": He didn't seem too freaked out about the bottomless pit.

- "The Deep End": Why was he out at the pool late at night? His excuse to "save the inflatable ducks" could have been a cover up for something else, perhaps he was looking for one of the books.

- "Carpet Diem": Once again, he finds another hidden room out of nowhere. That can't be a coincidence.

- "The Land Before Swine": I have a feeling Soos might have intentionally rolled up the yarn in the caves. Maybe he didn't want them to find something down there? Also, his knowledge about the pterodactyl eyes was sort of suspicious, as of he had experience with it before. Also again, he didn't seemed too freaked out about the dinosaurs being there.

I could be over-analyzing some of these though, but a few of them are a bit suspicious. If you can think of any others, that'd be great.

Spoiler

It's very possible Soos is playing dumb, but I think it's equally likely that he's just Soos. I've always thought he was involved in whatever's going on (because the whole mantra of the show is "don't trust anyone" and Dipper seems to trust Soos a lot), but it also makes a lot of sense that he's just some guy that gets wrapped up in all of this. He doesn't seem like the type of person that would freak out over oddities or monsters or anything; he seems to fascinated with everything and too happy to stop and go "holy crap what the hell's that thing". He has a sense of adventure and wonderment and he's naive enough to believe whatever you show him and not question it - Rumble being the perfect example of this. It makes more sense for him to be absolutely stoked to see a video game character in real life. The Gobblewonker too - they were searching for the Gobblewonker, he's oblivious enough to be happy that they found what they were looking for and not question why it's real. The pterodactyl eyes is the only weird thing, and I think if I were too overanalyze it then it'd be the moment that Soos either showed his hand too early or he's just Soos. For the sake of the argument, I'll overanalyze. 

If he's trying to get Dipper to trust him, then it makes a lot of sense. Dipper was on the cusp of cutting Soos out of his life (for a time, anyway) because he was always messing up. Let's say Soos is acting under someone (could be Stan, could be Bill, could be the holder of book 1, could be someone else); that someone wouldn't want anyone to discover the secret amber mines of Gravity Falls, because let's face it - dinosaurs getting out would cause a lot of problems. Soos tried his best to not let the photos develop, and then he played dumb about it, and then away from the pterodactyl. Basically, Soos was being too Soos. He didn't want anyone finding the mines because people would've got hurt and it would've messed up the plan of his employer (again, whoever that may be). He may have anticipated Dipper being pissed off with him, but I don't think he anticipated Dipper being that angry. If Soos is working for someone, then that someone would want Soos to be as close to Dipper as possible (considering he's a bookholder and everything). Dipper cutting Soos out and not trusting him anymore sort of works against that, so Soos has to slip up and let it be known that he knows more than he's letting on. Telling Dipper and Mabel how to escape the pterodactyl by going in-between its eyes was his effort to get back on Dipper's good side; Dipper trusted him in that moment, and now he's going to start trusting Soos again. That's bad. If Soos is under someone's command, then he's going to betray Dipper's trust again in a big way, and it'll be Dipper's fault.

However on the flipside of that, Soos was really just being himself the entire episode. He was being a goof, and then he took notice of this huge oversight that no one else was noticing (the fact that pterodactyls have that huge gap smack in the middle of their face). He wants to be best friends with Dipper; he clearly doesn't have any other guy friends he can pal around with (or if he does, they're all off-screen). In an effort to make amends, he tried to be like Dipper; clever, intuitive, out-of-the-box. 

• Like 2

Gravity Falls is my new favorite show now. This show is funny, entertaining and weird. All main characters are likeable. Soos and Mabel are my favorite characters.  I liked all episodes of this show so far and I can't wait to see Dreamscaperers episode. It looks very amazing because Bill will appear in this episode. In my opinion, Disney Channel is getting better. Phineas and Ferb and Fish Hooks are great too but they are not amazing as this show. 10/10

Ho-wow

Spoiler

Dreamscapers was too good. The plot's finally chugging alone and this climax is gonna be so worth the wait.  There's a lot more credence to the theory that Stan has a twin since there were two kinds of Stans in the memories (he had glasses as a kid and as his present-self, but the regular adult-Stan didn't have glasses which is weird), and the fact that Bill knew who Stan was (presumably) but Stan didn't know who Bill was (...presumably).

Also a lot less credence to the fact that future-Dipper wrote the books because he would've already needed to know the incantation to get inside Stan's head in order to write it down in the book, which he wouldn't have known unless he didn't already have the book. Everything up until that point made it perfectly plausible that he could've written it, but now it would seem really weird.

Bill's also creepy as hell and I love it.

• Like 2

Ho-wow

Spoiler

Dreamscapers was too good. The plot's finally chugging alone and this climax is gonna be so worth the wait.  There's a lot more credence to the theory that Stan has a twin since there were two kinds of Stans in the memories (he had glasses as a kid and as his present-self, but the regular adult-Stan didn't have glasses which is weird), and the fact that Bill knew who Stan was (presumably) but Stan didn't know who Bill was (...presumably).

Also a lot less credence to the fact that future-Dipper wrote the books because he would've already needed to know the incantation to get inside Stan's head in order to write it down in the book, which he wouldn't have known unless he didn't already have the book. Everything up until that point made it perfectly plausible that he could've written it, but now it would seem really weird.

Bill's also creepy as hell and I love it.

You saw the episode? Could you give me the link?

Didn't quite manage to catch Dreamscapers, but I did see the end of the pterodactyl episode today, one I haven't seen before (Don't keep up with GF that much, despite the fact it's Disney's best show currently).

... might check the link later, if I have an anti-virus. which I don't. 

Finally saw Dreamscapers, and loved it. I'm a bit irritated with Bill's character; he's no really creepy, more of an annoying 5-year old-esque kid. I can't stand his voice. I would've loved it if he were a bit more condescending and sarcastic than hyperactively irksome. 

Dreamscapers gave me a headache because Soos shut the door when he saw the memory of Gruncle Stan about to say what he's hiding. AAAH!

Seriously, it is my favorite episode so far. BTW, Bill Cypher rocks the illuminati.

• Like 1

Finally saw Dreamscapers, and loved it. I'm a bit irritated with Bill's character; he's no really creepy, more of an annoying 5-year old-esque kid. I can't stand his voice. I would've loved it if he were a bit more condescending and sarcastic than hyperactively irksome. 

I'd say him pulling out the deer's teeth and then putting them back was one of the creepiest things I've ever seen in a kids show.

• Like 1

I'd say him pulling out the deer's teeth and then putting them back was one of the creepiest things I've ever seen in a kids show.

His personality, not his actions, are what are incredibly annoying for me. He's kinda like a really bad standup comedian.