• Advertisement

Gravity Falls

Steel Sponge

I got around to watching the first episode of this show and it was really dang good. Probably one of the best shows Disney's come out with in this era of repeated teenage sitcoms.

I'm home alone today, which means the main TV wasn't occupied by my brothers. I sat down, saw that Gravity Falls was airing, so decided to watch.

I loved it. The animation style is great, the concept is great, I laughed several times, and I'm particularly intrigued by the setup. It's addictive. I'll probably buy the episodes I haven't seen on iTunes. ;D

After re-watching all the current eps a few times, this is on my new favorite show list. Probably the best show I've seen on DC since 2006 (sorry fans, but P&F isn't my cup of tea). The mystery atmosphere is great, the animation is great, the humor, ect.

By the way, the plots for the next few eps are out:

Spoiler

7. Double Dipper (August 10th, 2012) - When Stan throws a party at the Mystery Shack, Dipper makes clones of himself to impress Wendy.

8. Irrational Treasure (August 17th, 2012) -When Dipper and Mabel find evidence that the town founder is a hoax, they set out to expose the truth.

9. The Time Traveler's Pig (August 24th, 2012) - Dipper's wish comes true when he finds a time machine that can help him go back and undo a mistake.

I think I am looking forward to 8 or 9 the most.

bump

Anyone know when new episodes return? I'm getting anxious..

According to what Alex Hirsch posted on Twitter, new episodes start early 2013. I'm excited!

Spoiler

New Year? New Episodes! Just got word from Disney- Gravity Falls returns early 2013. Assuming we survive the Mayan Apocalypse.

— Alex Hirsch (@_AlexHirsch)

December 5, 2012

Bill's finally making his appearance.

Who else is stoked beyond belief that the plot is moving forward?

I am. The only thing I'm confused about is if it Bill is really evil, or if he is just being doing Gideon's bidding because he summoned him (then again, that Rumble's Revenge code did say Bill was a trickster who likes to play games).

I also found a cool little easter egg earlier today from "The Hand That Rocks The Mabel" that hinted to Gideon's relation with Bill:

Spoiler
billclue_zps4d904f60.jpg