• Advertisement

Banned Episodes

Shark Tale

I just discovered this lovely banned episode of Dexter's Laboratory "Dexter's Rude Removal", an episode made by the producers as a joke for themselves with intent on never showing it to the public with exceptions of it being shown on a couple of conventions. Reasons why is because of it's heavy use of profanity for a kid's show which Cartoon Network obviously can't show. It was recently released on Adult Swim's website and on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLN_ka1ZSDg

• Like 2

I'll revive it (or attempt to) with the following info about Ren & Stimpy bans:

- "Dog Show" actually airs on Nicktoons now, although it's still censored, maintaining the ban on the uncensored version.

- "Sammy and Me" was banned from Nick due to a scene where Stimpy swaps his real eye with a glass eye

- "The Last Temptation" was banned from Nick due to its religious themes.

- "Reverend Jack" was also banned from Nick due to religious themes (and mockery, mainly of Christianity)

• Like 1

Beavis and Butthead

-"Incognito" featured gun violence in a school, was taken out of circulation following the Columbine massacre. This episode is not on the Mike Judge Collection DVD, and this has been edited.

Actually, a good chunk of B&B episodes were edited after some 5 year old (!) kid set his mobile home on fire, apparently after being inspired by Beavis's continued utterances of "fire! fire! fire!" (mind you, it's highly unlikely the kid even saw the fucking show to begin with, as neighbors said they did not have cable TV and therefore had no access to the show, and this was before it was released on home video). Before I get into a long rant about the media blaming EVERYTHING but the reality of what caused it, the "fire!"s were edited out of future broadcasts, as well as (according to Mike Judge) the master copies. So if you ever wanna hear Beavis yell "fire!" again, you'd have to track down an early 90s broadcast.

-"Reverend Jack" was also banned from Nick due to religious themes (and mockery, mainly of Christianity)

Is this the one with Frank Zappa as the pope? Or was that another one? Because i'm pretty sure that one didn't last too long on the air.

Is this the one with Frank Zappa as the pope? Or was that another one? Because i'm pretty sure that one didn't last too long on the air.

No, that one is "Powdered Toast Man" -- they went so far as to change the Pope's name in the credits to "The Funny Little Man in the Pointy Hat" -- as if kids even paid attention to the credits.

No, that one is "Powdered Toast Man" -- they went so far as to change the Pope's name in the credits to "The Funny Little Man in the Pointy Hat" -- as if kids even paid attention to the credits.

I remember watching that episode on the Ren and Stimpy Season 2 DVD. I was kinda stunned that it even got to air for a little while...especially with the president getting his wang stuck in a zipper and PTM burning the Constitution.

I might as well predict that the Good Luck Charlie episode with the lesbian parents will be banned.

Not a chance in hell. If people don't believe in same sex marriage then that's totally cool and totally on them; if people want to ban an episode because it doesn't mesh with their beliefs then that's totally not cool. I'm positive Disney Channel would lose more viewers if they banned that episode than if they didn't.

• Like 3