• Advertisement

Banned Episodes

Shark Tale

Basically, just discuss banned episodes or episodes removed from rotation. Here are a few:

Buzz Lightyear of Star Command:

-Super Nova aired exactly twice before being removed from circulation. It used superpowers caused by phasing through radiation as an analogue for drugs, complete with ensuing withdrawal. Presumably, Disney noticed the unfortunate implications. Though the lost episode in question is currently available to watch on Youtube.

Fairly Odd Parents:

Hail to the Chief/Twistory - Two episodes of The Fairly Odd Parents that were aired for the first year or so, but Nickelodeon stopped airing them apparently because they were offensive. They are, however, available on the Season 2 DVD available from Amazon.com.

Looney Tunes:

Censored 11 - 11 banned Looney Tunes shorts that were banned due to content the studio deemed so racist and so pervasive that no amount of editing could render them suitable for contemporary audiences. Warner Brothers is seriously considering an official release sometime in 2011 although nothing's confirmed yet.

House of Mouse:

Minnie Takes Care of Pluto - A banned House of Mouse episode, in which Mickey Mouse leaves Pluto at Minnie's house while he is on vacation, and Pluto's conscience convinces him that Minnie is out to get him. About halfway through the short, Pluto has a brief nightmare about him being buried alive by Minnie, who zips up his grave, and later imagines himself going to Hell. The offending short only aired on the ABC run and was never shown on Toon Disney or Disney Channel. Can be found on YouTube (thank you CDCB).

2 Stupid Dogs:

At The Drive-In - An episode of 2 Stupid Dogs that has been removed from Cartoon Network's lineup, possibly due to a few scenes involving a bunch of cars bouncing and shaking.

Will post more soon. 893573.gif

Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers:

- "Battle of the Bulge" was not shown in syndication due to stereotypical bat villains in the episode.

- "A Lean on the Property" was removed from syndication due to similarities to 9/11.

KaBlam!:

- Episode 8 which is commonly known as "Why June Refuses to Turn Page" was banned because of a death theme in one of the cartoons.

- Episode 23 (untitled) was banned after airing only once because it was supposed to be the last episode but the show ended up having more episode and also because of an alleged kissing scene with Henry and June.

- Time Capsule was banned because of violence with the time capsule being dropped on people.

- Just Chillin' was an episode that only aired once and was never aired again for unknown reasons.

"101 Dalmatians - The Series"

- Alive N' Chicken was removed from syndication due to similarities to 9/11 with Spot crashing a plane into the silo. It's partner was removed as well.

The episode of South Park with Jared was banned for quite a bit not because of the whole AIDS thing, but because of Butters' parents beating him. It's back in rotation now though. The Pip episode and Not Without My Anus aren't banned but they're never aired. (The Pip one has aired twice since 2000 and NWMA was an April Fools prank)

Of course, Boobjob James and Seizure Polygon from Pokemon.

The Seinfeld episode with the poison letter was banned after the Anthrax attacks in New York.

Cow and Chicken's Buffalo Gals, aka the lesbian biker episode. God knows how it even got to air once.

The Karate Choppers episode of Spongebob was banned for quite some time because of how karate symbolizes sex or something. It's back on now, but hardly airs.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003):

-Insane in the Membrane never aired in the US (though it's available on DVD and the 4KidsTV site). It involves Baxter Stockman cloning his old body and inserting his brain inside. It goes fine for a while but after a few months he begins to fall apart and constantly tries new ways to fix himself including chopping off limbs. Eventually he loses his mind and blames April for all that has happened to him. To be fair, the episode was quite disturbing for kids.

-Nightmares Recycled was never completed. The script was finished and production had begun when 4Kids stopped it, deeming it too controversial and violent for a children's program. It was shelved in the early stages of production. Apparently Hun and the Garbageman were conjoined twins that were surgically separated at birth by a back-alley surgeon with the Garbageman being discarded as 'garbage'.

Darkwing Duck:

-Hot Spell was banned after its initial run on ABC due to the plot revolving around Goslyn making a deal with the Devil to get magic powers.

KaBlam!:

- Episode 8 which is commonly known as "Why June Refuses to Turn Page" was banned because of a death theme in one of the cartoons.

- Episode 23 (untitled) was banned after airing only once because it was supposed to be the last episode but the show ended up having more episode and also because of an alleged kissing scene with Henry and June.

- Time Capsule was banned because of violence with the time capsule being dropped on people.

- Just Chillin' was an episode that only aired once and was never aired again for unknown reasons.

As a fan of KaBlam!, I feel the need to correct some of the info in this post.

- Episode 8 was only banned in the U.S (most likely because of copyright issues with the Angela Anaconda short....i'm actually kinda glad the episode was banned, because the Angela Anaconda sketches annoyed the hell out of me.). but the episode has aired in other countries.

- Episode 29, not 23. 428899.gif And I know someone who interviewed one of the people who worked on KaBlam!, and they confirmed that Henry and June only liked each other as friends, so the kissing scene was just false info someone made up.

- I think the real reason for Time Capsule being banned was because of "blackface" in the Action League Now! sketch, because shows like Ren and Stimpy and Invader Zim have gotten away with much worse when it comes to violence.

- I thought Just Chillin' aired more than once? (I can't confirm that it aired more than once, though, since it's the only KaBlam! episode i've never seen.)

As a fan of KaBlam!, I feel the need to correct some of the info in this post.

- Episode 8 was only banned in the U.S (most likely because of copyright issues with the Angela Anaconda short....i'm actually kinda glad the episode was banned, because the Angela Anaconda sketches annoyed the hell out of me.). but the episode has aired in other countries.

- Episode 29, not 23. 428899.gif And I know someone who interviewed one of the people who worked on KaBlam!, and they confirmed that Henry and June only liked each other as friends, so the kissing scene was just false info someone made up.

- I think the real reason for Time Capsule being banned was because of "blackface" in the Action League Now! sketch, because shows like Ren and Stimpy and Invader Zim have gotten away with much worse when it comes to violence.

- I thought Just Chillin' aired more than once? (I can't confirm that it aired more than once, though, since it's the only KaBlam! episode i've never seen.)

Thanks for the corrections. I knew the episode with the alleged kissing scene was Episode 29, but I think I wrote Episode 23 because I was thinking that it was 3x03 while typing this.

On the other hand, site all over the web say that Just Chillin' only aired once, so that's where I got the info about this fan-named "lost episode."

Family Guy

-When You Wish Upon A Weinstein - Fox execs deemed this episode as Anti-Semitic, but I have seen this episode air on Adult Swim.

-Partial Terms of Endearment - Otherwise known as that abortion episode, which is obviously a controversial topic of debate, thus its banned. Fox hasn't aired this episode, Adult Swim hasn't aired it, TBS hasn't. I don't think any station has aired this episode, but it is on DVD.

• Like 1

Family Guy

-When You Wish Upon A Weinstein - Fox execs deemed this episode as Anti-Semitic, but I have seen this episode air on Adult Swim.

-Partial Terms of Endearment - Otherwise known as that abortion episode, which is obviously a controversial topic of debate, thus its banned. Fox hasn't aired this episode, Adult Swim hasn't aired it, TBS hasn't. I don't think any station has aired this episode, but it is on DVD.

WYWUAW actually premiered on AS, which I kinda find interesting.

And I think PTOE aired in the UK.

Dexter's Laboratory:

-Dial M for Monkey: Barbequor got banned in the United States, Canada, and temporarily in the UK. In this episode, Krunk from the Justice Friends is seen drinking alcohol, getting intoxicated, and eventually throwing up. It also features a possibly homosexual character named the "Silver Spooner".

Tiny Toon Adventures:

-"Elephant Issues" featured a segment titled "One Beer", in which Buster, Plucky, and Hamton drink some beer, resulting in them stealing a car, driving off a mountain, and dying as a result.

- "Toons From the Crypt", was skipped over the broadcast order by FOX because they found the segment "Night of the Living Pets" too disturbing. The plot? Zombies that turn out to be Elmrya's pets out for her flesh. Somehow it was able to air once.

South Park:

Super Best Friends- This episode is not shown on CC anymore due to the fact that Islam's Muhammad is a member of the team in the episode. The funny thing is I watched a re-run of this episode the day before 200 aired and they didn't even censor him out. suspect.gif

200/201- The first part aired with Islam's Muhammad supposeably in a bear suit to make peace between SP and the celebrities gathered to destroy the city. The day after it aired, islamic extremists made death threats towards the creators, Matt Stone and Trey Parker, and the second part, 201, edited the image of Muhammad so he was never shown in the episode, and it has to date only aired once on CC or any television station. Ironically, Muhammad wasn't even in the bear suit: Santa Claus was

South Park:

Super Best Friends- This episode is not shown on CC anymore due to the fact that Islam's Muhammad is a member of the team in the episode. The funny thing is I watched a re-run of this episode the day before 200 aired and they didn't even censor him out. suspect.gif

200/201- The first part aired with Islam's Muhammad supposeably in a bear suit to make peace between SP and the celebrities gathered to destroy the city. The day after it aired, islamic extremists made death threats towards the creators, Matt Stone and Trey Parker, and the second part, 201, edited the image of Muhammad so he was never shown in the episode, and it has to date only aired once on CC or any television station. Ironically, Muhammad wasn't even in the bear suit: Santa Claus was

And they bleeped out his name.

Like the "Electric Soldier Polygon" and

"Beauty and the Beach" episodes of Pokemon, there's also two episodes of Pokemon that were banned.

One was the Christmas episode that only aired once and was taken off because the pokemon Jynx was deemed racist.

Another one was "Legend of Dratini" where Ash caught a bunch of Tauros in the Safari Zone, and the episode was never aired in America because it featured guns.

A Rocko's Modern Life episode had one called "Leap Frogs" which featured Mrs. Bighead trying to seduce Rocko.

House of Mouse:

Minnie Takes Care of Pluto - A banned House of Mouse episode, in which Mickey Mouse leaves Pluto at Minnie's house while he is on vacation, and Pluto's conscience convinces him that Minnie is out to get him. About halfway through the short, Pluto has a brief nightmare about him being buried alive by Minnie, who zips up his grave, and later imagines himself going to Hell. The offending short only aired on the ABC run and was never shown on Toon Disney or Disney Channel.

I found it in Greek 125508.gif

101 Dalmatians The Series:

[*:4jx8p2rl] "Alive 'n Chicken" was pulled from broadcast after 9/11 (it's sometimes shown outside the U.S), due to a scene where Spot crashes her airplane into a windmill.

[*:4jx8p2rl]"Prima Doggy" was also pulled, but that was only due to that it was paired with "Alive 'n Chicken" and it wouldn't fill 30 minutes on its own.

Tom & Jerry:

[*:4jx8p2rl]"His Mouse Friday" because of the blackface Jerry.

SpongeBob SquarePants:

[*:4jx8p2rl]"Pressure" was banned in France due to the battle of the sexes theme.

[*:4jx8p2rl]"Rock-a-Bye Bivalve" is pretty much banned in every country except for US and Canada.

Time for a bump.

Pokemon:

[*:3rwl8xe0]Team Plasma VS Team Rocket (2 parter) - Ohh boy. This 2-parter episode was supposed to air on March 17th and 24th respectively, but got pushed back due to the Japan Earthquake. TV Tokyo claimed that "it was going to air eventually" but so far nothing has shown up. At this point, it is safe to say the 2 episodes have been scrapped whole due to their content. A trailer can be found here though.

[*:3rwl8xe0]It's New Year's Eve! Pocket Monsters - Was intended to be the 40th episode of the Pokémon anime. It was set to air in Japan on December 31, 1997. It was initially intended to be EP040, airing on December 31, 1997, but during the rescheduling following the Porygon Episode incident, it was canceled entirely. It was also subsequently skipped in all broadcasts in other languages, and has never aired. No trailer for this episode has ever been seen, nor is any further information known apart from its Japanese title.

Pokemon:

• [*:3785ujnj]Team Plasma VS Team Rocket (2 parter) - Ohh boy. This 2-parter episode was supposed to air on March 17th and 24th respectively, but got pushed back due to the Japan Earthquake. TV Tokyo claimed that "it was going to air eventually" but so far nothing has shown up. At this point, it is safe to say the 2 episodes have been scrapped whole due to their content. A trailer can be found
here though.

That happened before with the Whiscash episode. The hell's going on that Pokemon predicts earthquakes so easily?