• Advertisement

Johnny Test

Clappy

So I was watching Total Drama Island yesterday morning and I decided to give Johnny Test a shot since its on Cartoon Network so much. Wow, this show is incredibly unoriginal. It's like a mixture of Dexter's Laboratory and The Fairly Oddparents, but not funny. Someone please explain to me why this show is so popular because I just don't get it.

• Like 1

How the shit did Scott Fellows manage to get enough money to renew for seasons for this show?

Anyways, I don't like this show; I doubt it had originality, because all I see is a combination of cartoons in one...could this be the main theme of this show?

How the shit did Scott Fellows manage to get enough money to renew for seasons for this show?

My assumption is that they just renew seasons based off of his name with the amount of hits that he has. They don't judge the quality of crap produced like this show for example.

Dogshit.

Hehe its funny because Johnny's best friend is a talking dog....how original

The show used to not be that bad, back when the animation was fluid and looked hand drawn. The state of animation on Johnny Test now is choppy and stiff. It's shoddy at best. The characters are one-dimensional, the plots are predictable, and they stole the whole ''put the lead character's name in the episode title'' thing from Ed, Edd, n' Eddy. Except they're not that creative at it (ex. Johnny on a Cruise, Johnny Ball, Johnnymon). There's also the lame parodies they've done on Crash Bandicoot, Pokemon, Scooby-Doo, and internet celebrities. The show is popular because it's watered down for kids ages 6-10, which is becoming CN's demographic. Just like how they canned Symbionic Titan and other great shows, they care about quantity. Not quality. Because apparently they can milk toys and DVDs out of an arrogant kid with a total disregard for the respect of others (even his parents for corn's sake), but they can't milk any out of alien-fighting superteens like the ones on Symbionic Titan (um, Ben 10 anyone?).

Oh, and since I just changed my name for the new Stop What You're Doing, I'm required to say this. HI, I'M DAISY.

• Like 4

Because apparently they can milk toys and DVDs out of an arrogant kid with a total disregard for the respect of others (even his parents for corn's sake), but they can't milk any out of alien-fighting superteens like the ones on Symbionic Titan

I agree with you on that.

Alas, I shall make a somewhat short and explanitory review for Johnny Test. First thing's first: what's wrong with this show? I'm not to say it's the worst, but it has many flaws. First, I feel guilty for liking Season 1. Looking through the characters and stuff carefully....Johnny Test: the hero, is a jerk, whilst unappealing, very less influential and always relies on his sisters to give him his needs. The worst part? He doesn't get what's coming at him. He ends up doing the most reckless types of things worthy enough for him to get in trouble, and he gets away with it! Second, the villains. They are practically the most unintelligent villains I have to sit through. We got the Beekeeper, thankfully retired from villainly, a generic Darth Vader parody: Dark Vegan, I believe, and some others, they are still unappealing. Third, the humor is a lackluster, once Season 2 dropped by, I hardly ever laughed at any of the jokes, honestly. Fourth, the originality. One thinig people would be totally irate about is the oh-so similar designs given for Susan and Mary Test, which we'd all blame for as Dexter's Laboratory rip-offs. Though, what I call a rip-off, I call a sheer coincidence. We also got the theme song for Season 2. Sounds familiar doesn't it? COUGH Green Day COUGH. Fifth, there are certain scenes in the show that are flat out predictable, nothing else to say there. So yeah, Scott Fellows is better off with live-action shows. What do I have positive to say about Johnny Test? The voice acting, good as always, the animation is not shabby, and Ashleigh Ball took a smart move of unwillingly dropping out after Season 4, but that was before her voice acting was famous.

On the other hand, my god! SIX SEASONS? SIX??? And seriously, why does it always have it be a movie? We are dommed I tell you, DOOMED! I rest my case.

• Like 2

First season was okay, not great. At least the animation had some substance, and the characters were somewhat likable.

Second was okay too, even though that is when they switched to that crappy flash animation. While the first two seasons did have some problems, there weren't as much as the following seasons.

Third season is basically where I started having doubts about the show. They started spamming pop culture references, forced jokes, and eyesore-like animation. They also introduced my least favorite character on the show in this season....Darth Vader, oh wait no...I mean Dark Vegan, who is totally not another tiresome rip-off of Darth Vader.

For those of you who do not know, the show was supposed to end in Season 3, which is why there was a long hiatus after it finished (and I rather they would have ended it at S3). But wait! I forgot one thing....CN (and TELETOON, who owned JT since Season 2) loves money. After Johnny Test finished its run on Kids WB! in March 2008, the greedy folk at Cartoon Network studios decided to pick it up and air reruns on their channel. Apparently the reruns did good with kids, so they picked up the show for more seasons and decided to milk it ever since, same with TELETOON.

Fourth season wasn't much of an improvement when the show returned. It pretty much still used the same thing that was the issues with Season 3, and I hate how Dark Vegan turned into a major character this season.

Fifth season, from what I've seen, has been awful, though the animation seems a bit smoother on my eyes. However, that doesn't excuse the crappy plots as of late.

And a TV MOVIE? Dear God no. I'll only give it a chance if positive word comes out of people's mouths (and by positive, I mean people with GOOD taste in movies).

• Like 1

Cartoon Network tends to overhype the hell out of this show. Compared to other Teletoon Flash cartoons like Total Drama and 6teen, the animation is just terrible, and the humor/plot-quality is bland. I have a feeling the only reason why they're still making episodes is because the budget is so low they don't have to worry about losing money.

• Like 2

I swear if viewers are complaining about how Nickelodeon airs the hell out of SpongeBob, they should mosey on over to Cartoon Network and take a look at how many times Johnny Test airs in a single day.

Oh and no comment on the TV movie.

• Like 2

I swear if viewers are complaining about how Nickelodeon airs the hell out of SpongeBob, they should mosey on over to Cartoon Network and take a look at how many times Johnny Test airs in a single day.

Oh and no comment on the TV movie.

At least eight or ten individual episodes every day. Oh how I despise the fact that my little brother is an incredibly ardent viewer of CN.

• Like 1