• Advertisement

Musical Instruments

Karen

I see that there's an old topic for alto saxes, but I play a different instrument: French Horn. I absolutely love my French Horn. I even decorated my French Horn case to look like Gary the Snail out of recycled paper, tape, and markers:

75698_1691474531353_1372443977_31838728_7408455_n.jpg

Anyone else here play a musical instrument?

I see that there's an old topic for alto saxes, but I play a different instrument: French Horn. I absolutely love my French Horn. I even decorated my French Horn case to look like Gary the Snail out of recycled paper, tape, and markers:

I tried to play guitar. Not anymore. xD

But that's a pretty cool decoration you have of Gary on your french horn. 125508.gif

Thats epic.

I actually play a variety of instruments myself

French Horn

Trumpet

Mellophone (marching version of French Horn)

[..]

I actually used to play trumpet, but I can't get my lips to tighten enough for the high notes. My embouchure is better for medium-pitched instruments such as French horn and baritone / euphonium. 630566.gif

I also play mellophone. (with a French Horn mouthpiece adapter.) I just completed an entire marching season with it. I definitely prefer French horn over mellophone.. mellophone is pretty much every flaw in music packaged into one instrument. D: I think my best memory with it is going into marching camp and all the newbies asking what instrument I was playing, as if it was Greek or something to them. lol.

I actually used to play trumpet, but I can't get my lips to tighten enough for the high notes. My embouchure is better for medium-pitched instruments such as French horn and baritone / euphonium. 630566.gif

I also play mellophone. (with a French Horn mouthpiece adapter.) I just completed an entire marching season with it. I definitely prefer French horn over mellophone.. mellophone is pretty much every flaw in music packaged into one instrument. D: I think my best memory with it is going into marching camp and all the newbies asking what instrument I was playing, as if it was Greek or something to them. lol.

Well when I was in marching band it took a while to get use to the mellophone as well. Then I started to realize the notes were the same as the trumpet so yeah 428899.gif