• Advertisement

The Muppets (2011)/series discussion

Deli

Wasn't there a Wizard of Oz movie based on the Muppets? I enjoyed that one.

Oh yes, there was. The Muppets Wizard of Oz. It sadly was poorly recepted, what with weird character casting and Ashanti's acting being stiffer than a board.

Oh, I guess. What're we supposed to refer to them by then? xD

I've always been taught that African American is the official term for Black people (I'm black myself), Its because our ancestors originated from Africa.

I liked the Wizard one. It was the film with the African American actress playing Dorothy, right?

I enjoyed it too, but it was missing something. It was missing a few parts in the Muppet movie formula. Musical numbers? Check. Miss Piggy hamming it up? Check. Fozzie's jokes sucking? Check. Breaking the fourth wall? Check. Cameos? Check. A sense that this took quite a while to make? ...Maybe. Memorable for generations to come? Not really. It kind of felt like Disney had a lot of faith in this project, but decided to stop being interested a few minutes later.

When he meets three of his biggest fans, Kermit the Frog wants to bring back his old friends together. There's only one problem - they're not as famous as they used to be.

Thoughts on this? I'm hoping that this will be awesome!

On a side note, don't be surprised that Deli didn't make this topic. I, too, am a huge fan of The Muppets.