• Advertisement

The Muppets (2011)/series discussion

Deli

When he meets three of his biggest fans, Kermit the Frog wants to bring back his old friends together. There's only one problem - they're not as famous as they used to be.

Thoughts on this? I'm hoping that this will be awesome!

On a side note, don't be surprised that Deli didn't make this topic. I, too, am a huge fan of The Muppets.

I actually did. Almost a year ago, I think. But that's alright.

I'm so happy these two topics didn't die. Every website needs a lil' bit of Muppety goodness. :3 Words cannot describe my excitement for this movie. 28 days people, 28 DAYS! I found out about this 2 years ago and now it's only four weeks away! It seems like yesterday I was on here freaking out about it... maybe that was yesterday... I have memory blanks.

The Muppets has so much potential to be the next box-office smash. You've got obscure and well-known characters, gags similar to those of the Henson-era, top-notch celebrities, great Muppeteers, and music. Not to mention some fourth-wall breaking, too. I do have one complaint, however. Longtime Muppeteer Frank Oz (Fozzie, Piggy, Bert, Cookie Monster, Animal, Sam the Eagle...Yoda... etc), who retired in 2002 says that he's not on board with this project. Says it ''doesn't do justice to the characters''. It made my heart fall a little.

On the other hand, I'm so happy Disney is treating the Muppets like they should be treated.

Why was this merged? The original thread was talking about The Muppet Show, which should go into television, and my thread should go into Movies because my thread was about a movie. Not both. :S
No, the original thread was about the series of Muppet movies, then there was a thread Deli made for the new Muppet movie already. All three were combined.

They did a brilliant trailer parody of Puss in Boots, Paranormal Activity, Twilight: Breaking Dawn, and... a parody of themselves... today. It was pretty awesome. The Muppets do pop-culture parodies in class, which is another reason I love them. You reading this, Seth Macfarlane? It's spelled C-L-A-S-S. Okay sorry, that was off topic. But still, Muppets!

They did a brilliant trailer parody of Puss in Boots, Paranormal Activity, Twilight: Breaking Dawn, and... a parody of themselves... today. It was pretty awesome. The Muppets do pop-culture parodies in class, which is another reason I love them. You reading this, Seth Macfarlane? It's spelled C-L-A-S-S. Okay sorry, that was off topic. But still, Muppets!

Oh, you mean this?:

Studio DC: Almost Live? You mean the two episodes of the short-lived Disney show where they thought mentioning Zac Efron, High School Musical, the Jonas Brothers, and Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana all the time were equivalent to laughs? That was a huge waste of the Muppets potential.

Studio DC: Almost Live? You mean the two episodes of the short-lived Disney show where they thought mentioning Zac Efron, High School Musical, the Jonas Brothers, and Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana all the time were equivalent to laughs? That was a huge waste of the Muppets potential.

Oh, it wasn't that bad. The Suite Life parody was pretty funny, and I thought Kermit and Ashley Tisdale doing Bop to the Top together was pretty adorable. Not to mention Kermit waddling around in snowshoes gave me diabetes (it was THAT cute). If they had just let the Muppets be the Muppets instead of conforming to Disney Channel standards.

I am pretty excited about the Muppets. I am not seeing it on opening night, but I am seeing it on Thanksgiving with my little cousins. I am actually more excited about it than they are probably. :P

Currently residing as 100% fresh on Rotten Tomatoes with 15 reviews. While that score will probably drop down, the fact that it is probably going to remain fresh increases my expectations. :)