• Advertisement

July of Justice

Jjs Goodman

(Note: Loyal Customers and Drasticals have already seen this, just posting it for everyone.)

...Huh? Could it be? Yes, it is. I know a lot of you have been waiting for news on the July event, and here it is! Here is everything about the July event in-depth, called...the July of Justice.

nX3YOEm.png?1

If that image isn't a sign, July of Justice is a SpongeBob superhero and super villain themed event...and it also involves teams! :o Yup, this is our summer team event, but with a twist. For the first time ever, this event will have two new limited edition SBC teams: The Heroes and Villains, who will face off against each other in games for control of SBC City. Everyone who is active will be randomly transformed into either Heroes or Villains the day the event starts by Karen, so there will be no draft. Only she will decide if you will be a goody gumdrop, or pure evil! There is no Independent side either: you're either going to be a hero or a villain. If you aren't active for the picking, no worries, we'll manually add you later. Don't be upset if you are selected into a side you don't want to be on, as they are temporary anyways, and maybe some team members from your regular teams could be with you, who knows? If you don't want to play, that's perfectly fine. You don't have to, this is just to make the process easier for us. If you don't want to play in the games, you can also roleplay as your favorite SpongeBob heroes and villains around the forums, such as Mermaid Man, Barnacle Boy, The Quickster, Man Ray, Dirty Bubble, Kelp Thing, and more! If you are playing in the games, then gear up your superhero or super-villain powers, gadgets, clothes and all those fancy doohickeys, because it's gonna be a slobberknocker.

Whichever side has conquered the most of SBC City by the end of the event will receive powerful prizes. The July of Justice starts July 10th and concludes July 31st. The Band Geeks and Drasticals will be temporarily disbanded during the event, but don't worry, they will return after the epic battle between Heroes and Villains. (this explains why May Mayhem happened, since you won't be on your regular teams again for some time)

Here's a few games and features to expect...

1.) SpongeBob Jeopardy!: On July 15th, 22nd and 29th, play in several superhero themed Jeopardy games for control of the Jeopardy room.

2.) SpongeBob Wheel of Fortune: Wheel of Fortune S4 will start during the event, and will have games on July 14th, 21st and 28th counting for the event. But who is the true villain? The wheel or the actual villain group?!

3.) Dunces & Dragons: Three games on July 16th, 23rd and 30th will count for the event, all superhero themed. One game will have a Mermalair map!

4.) The Super Games: Heroes vs. Villains: A spin-off of The Fry Cook Games, that has been transformed through radioactive waste! But this one has many differences, such as a roleplaying aspect, along with other new games and formats!

5.) SpongeCraft Tournaments: SpongeCraft's territory is up for grabs too in this scuffle on July 15th, 22nd and 29th. 

6.) SBC Music Super Showdowns: Jam out for control of SBC Music on July 14th, 21st and 28th!

7.) iFish: Dress up your iFish characters with clothes of your favorite SpongeBob heroes and villains, created by Cha! There will be even a contest to determine who has the best clothing during the event!

And much, much more you'll have to wait until later on to see!

This will be a very intense and different kind of event, one I've been looking forward to for a long time. I know a few people have wanted a superhero themed event forever, so we finally delivered. It's okay if you don't contribute much to your team, but there will be ways for every team member to have a chance to do something, even if minor. :) We figured this would be fun way to shake up the teams formula, and let everyone have a chance to help out a (temporary) team even if they aren't a regular player, along with letting you work together with users you may not have before for teams.

Special thanks to @Daria Fredgendorffer who coined the event name.

Who will prevail in the end? Heroes or Villains? Find out soon, true believers!

Edited by jjsthekid
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, jjsthekid said:

Who will prevail in the end? Heroes or Villains? Find out soon, true believers!

That's MY line! :rolleyes: Technically, it's originally Stan Lee's line, but I'll probably participate in this anyways! :hysterical:

• Like 1

On 7/5/2017 at 11:30 PM, JCM said:

I chose the worst year to take summer classes. I swear I'll find some way to participate in this, even if means losing even more sleep. :P

Same. ?  Grad school summer classes take up about 90% of my time right now. But I'll try to be on.

The Villains skin looks SO awful! :rolleyes: But I'll make the best of it; I'll be a villain in the same way that Bowser is a villain; he treats his subjects well, and when he's REALLY good, he gets to go karting with Mario! :hysterical:

• Like 1

Just now, 4EverGreen said:

The Villains skin looks SO awful! :rolleyes: But I'll make the best of it; I'll be a villain in the same way that Bowser is a villain; he treats his subjects well, and when he's REALLY good, he gets to go karting with Mario! :hysterical:

I mean nobody's making you use the skin if you hate it so much lol. And hilaryfan80 worked hard on these; even if you don't like them, keep that to yourself.

I love the July of Justice skin btw. Blue is my favorite color and the combination of different hues is so soothing to my eyes.

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, 4EverGreen said:

No offense, but you do realize you can change the skin, right? You don't have to use it.

• Like 1