• Advertisement

Doomsday Clock has ticked to 2.5 minutes until midnight

sbl

Atomic scientists reset their symbolic "Doomsday Clock" to its closest time to midnight in 64 years on Thursday, saying the world was closer to catastrophe due to threats such as nuclear weapons, climate change and Donald Trump's election as U.S. president.

The timepiece, devised by the Chicago-based Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists and displayed on its website, is widely viewed as an indicator of the world's vulnerability to disaster.

Its hands were moved to two minutes and 30 seconds to midnight, from three minutes.

"The Doomsday Clock is closer to midnight than it's ever been in the lifetime of almost everyone in this room," Lawrence Krauss, the bulletin's chair, told a news conference in Washington.

The clock was last set this close to midnight in 1953, marking the start of the nuclear arms race between the United States and the Soviet Union. Thursday's reset was the first since 2015.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-science-doomsdayclock-idUSKBN15A2JJ?utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_content=588a87a804d301465863aaa9&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

Goodbye everyone, i'll remember you all in therapy.

This article can go fuck itself for trying to create unfounded fear in people. Can I go one day without running into the word Trump on the internet?

Clickbait continues to push its limit. I wish everyone who wrote a clickbait article was homeless so they'd have to get real jobs.