• Advertisement

201a. Sandy's Nutmare

Jjs Goodman

Rating?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What would you rate this episode?

• 5/5 Nuts: This here's the biggest acorn I ever did see!
    • 4/5 Nuts: I'll save it, with science!
    • 3/5 Nuts: I'd say you have a real nutmare on your hands!
    • 2/5 Nuts: Why do you dump your nuts?
    • 1/5 Nuts: My tree is dying!

mOR2ZtF.jpg  

Premieres

Tuesday, July 12th @ 5:30pm ET/PT

Encores:

Sunday, July 17th @ 2:00pm ET/PT

Plot:

Sandy creates the latest acorn-based food sensation, but her tree pays the price for her greed.

Clips:

N/A

Andrew Goodman wrote this episode, who previously helped write the Season 8/9 episodes "Barnacle Face", "The Way of the Sponge" & "Evil Spatula". He has been a production coordinator and production assistant on the series since Season 5, and was recently appointed as script coordinator for 9.2.

Edited by jjsthekid
  • Like 2

remember kids, steriods are the way to go

I like how zany Sandy has been lately, like in The Fishbowl as well. So even if she's mostly scienceish (to be fair she did do karate in this and is just taking care of her tree) she still does it cartoony/zany. Didn't think the episode would go this direction, but cool. I liked the story the Shalmon made, this was a decent episode I guess. We got SB's unicycle back, which is cool too.

• Like 1

I generally liked this but it does have a problem like yesterday where the pacing feels a bit off. I'm just generally not sure where it is though, nothing seemed to really drag on too long yet it felt like they had to speed up the last 3-4 minutes to get the ending in, although it was more subtle this time. Still wasn't too much of a positive from this as Lame though, 8/10 for now. Likable, but still could've been better, and I'm unsure exactly how.  This half season has been a real mystery at points, but that's what you get with a completely new format of doing episodes. 

This was leagues better than The Fishbowl, but I felt the pacing was off in some areas. Still, Sandy was written better here, and the plot was interesting, at least. I'm glad they were able to combine Sandy doing karate and being a scientist. Shalmon was alright, not my favorite one-time character, but he didn't really hurt the episode. His sequence at the end was pretty random, though. I preferred Lame and Fortune slightly more, but this was fine.

Grade: B

This show was basically showing the use of sterioids and how they make your muscles weak after taking a lot of them. Great episode plot writers. But funny tbh.

Grade: B

Glove #3:

5caA7aR.jpg 

Edited by jjsthekid

This was just okay. The plot was a bit interesting to see. I liked the concept and there were really fun stuff in it like the story Shalmon told at the end, even if that was so random and the animation looked great in the story. But like everyone said, my problem, besides me not finding it that funny, is that the pacing was so poorly done. At times it dragged a bit, at times it was really rushed. It's one of the weaker season 9.2 episodes for me but still there were stuff i liked here and there and the story was told well.

Grade: B-

Did anyone else notice how that one fish character who could fly (from "The Two Faces of Squidward") makes a cameo appearance in this episode, and he was MISSING both of his shoes! Also, nice to see a Native American character on this show for once, and I thought that sun/moon/star story sequence was pretty cleverly done as well. Too bad this episode wasn't released sooner, it might have made the top 50 list currently being done. Maybe next time, though. A 10/10! :D

I loved this episode!! The story that the Shalmon told was really cool. DAT ANIMATION THO. 

ALSO YOU KNOW WHAT I NOTICED?? When the Shalmon is getting on the bus and says, "...follow the moon and the stars, for only they can guide you! ...to my stop at the corner of Olive and Victory." THOSE ARE THE ACTUAL STREET NAMES IN BURBANK, CALIFORNIA WHERE NICK ANIMATION STUDIOS IS BAHAHAHA.

• Like 3