• Advertisement

195b. Larry's Gym

Jjs Goodman

Rating?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What would you give this episode?

• 5/5 Weights: Always be hydrated!
    • 4/5 Weights: Whoa, you've been working out!
    • 3/5 Weights: I'm going to make you my personal project!
    • 2/5 Weights: Jeez Larry, you've really let yourself go.
    • 1/5 Weights: I'm just a shell of my former self...

(Promo image not available at this time)

Premieres

Monday, February 15th (President's Day) @ 7:15pm ET/PT

Encores:

N/A

Plot:

When Larry the Lobster opens a new gym in Bikini Bottom, SpongeBob becomes his best customer.

Clips:

N/A

This should be interesting, as Larry getting focus is something rare and different.

It's actually cool to see a full on Larry episode, I hope Sandy will be in this bc SB/Sandy/Larry was awesome in S1. Omg Mr. Krabs and Larry interaction though. This kinda reminds me of how Larry took SB under his wing in SpongeGuard on Duty (and this ep reminded me of that one because they actually had the music from SpongeGuard in this lol). The Mr. Krabs free towel thing reminded me of his very dirty dollar, he was just so silly in this and I loved it because it wasn't about the KK for once. The random my legs wasn't Mr. Lawrence lol.

Thought it was a funny enough episode with Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob.

I really enjoyed watching this episode more than LongPants. First of all, the plot completely felt fresh for SpongeBob. We never got a chance to see a Larry-themed episodes (I don't count A Life in a Day since it was mostly about SpongeBob and Patrick). It was nice to see Larry doing something and it felt pretty interesting. Larry and SpongeBob's inteactions felt very amusing and pretty sweet. I actually laughed at this one more than LongPants, it had more amusing gags, especially from Mr. Krabs. This is pretty much how to use his greediness right, It didn't harm anyone and it didn't feel annoying at all. It was amusing through the whole episode. I have not much complaints about it, except maybe it could have been more loud out loud funny but in the end, this was a very good episode.

Grade: A-

• Like 2

Pretty good episode. In some ways, it reminded me of "MuscleBob BuffPants" with SpongeBob wanting to get muscular and all. I liked how Larry got the spotlight and tried helping SpongeBob, though I felt bad for the guy when he started getting overworked (but thankfully that brug made it better). Mr. Krabs' subplot was random but kind of funny, especially with how he appeared magically. I liked how Krabs and Larry interacted in general, since I don't believe either of them ever interacted before in the show. Most of the gags in general worked, nobody was really unlikable, and the concept was pretty fresh as Larry has never really gotten a big role in the show. I wouldn't mind another experiment like this again.

Grade: A-

A few minor things and callbacks to previous episodes I noticed I noticed:

1.) "The way you laugh gets on my nerves" - Wonder if that was a self-jab or not lol.

2.) Mr. Krabs' ending was a nice throwback to the same ending as "Wishing You Well".

3.) "My leg!" also returns, but it wasn't Fred who said it sadly. :( 

4.) Did anybody else see Bubble Bass at the Krusty Krab when it is first shown?

5.) Also, I liked this callback to Clams:

m2D6L5o.png?1 jspavs7.png 

• Like 4

This also was a really good episode, though I think I thought this was the funnier of the two episodes. Mr. Krabs's scenes were really amusing and I especially liked the ending. I also thought it was funny how SpongeBob suddenly got buff from working out, especially Squidward's reaction to it. SpongeBob and Larry's interactions as well, though admittedly I do prefer the whole SpongeBob/Sandy/Larry triangle from Season 1. Still it was a really good episode.

This is easily the best episode since Tutor Sauce. All the gags landed, and seeing Larry get the spotlight after being underutilized for so long is so great. 9/10. Keep it up, SpongeBob.

18 minutes ago, Bada Bing Nuggets said:

Haven't finished this one yet, but I just want to say how glad I am that this episode makes use of the word "flaccid"

Fun fact: My twitter username is flaccid spelled backwards.

Have I REALLY not written my opinion for this episode segment yet? I thought this was a very GOOD episode segment! :D It's nice to see an episode segment that focuses on Larry in a positive way, and even BETTER when it also involves Spongebob! In this case, it's interesting to see the parallel contrasts as to how the stronger Spongebob gets, the fatter and more lethargic Larry gets! o.o Thankfully, everything was fixed by the end of the episode, and Larry found out that running a gym wasn't as easy as he thought it would be. Also funny to see Mr. Krabs exploiting all the free features of the gym! I'd give it a perfect 10/10! :cool: Enough said! ;)