• Advertisement

012b. Employee of the Month

spongebobiscool

One of my favorite episodes ever, mostly for the memories that went along with it. When I was in like second grade, my best friend and I watched the episode at a sleepover and acted out the whole scene with Squidward and Spongebob. It's was awesome, and that scene just gets funnier every time that I watch it.

• Like 2

I don't think I've fully expressed my love for this episode. Let the record show that Wumbo thinks this episode freakin' rocks.

Not only is it hilarious throughout, but great Neptune, did SpongeBob's character get built on here. It's a side of him that I don't believe has been seen up until this point: his competitive, cocky side. It's also a great look into his psyche. He's determined to hold the title of Employee of the Month like no other.

It's so refreshing to see SpongeBob and Squidward duke it out, playing the roles of rivals rather than frenemies. They're both on the same page, and the character interactions deliver throughout.

Tip top shape, this one.

• Like 1

I agree with Wumb. It's definitely interesting to see a different side of SpongeBob that we rarely see. His competetive and cocky self, and it's interesting to see him and Squidward acting as rivals instead of one-sided friends.

Interesting to know that according to the deleted "Thank God, It's Monday" scene from "Sponge Out of Water," that Squidward actually ended up WINNING for once; it actually invalidates Squidward's claim that Mr. Krabs JUST gives Spongebob the award! :rolleyes: I also find it funny that Squidward and Spongebob also unintentionally made each other that much more CRAZED and determined to win the award than they would've been inclined to be otherwise. :) A 10/10! :D Enough said! ;)

• Like 1

Am I the only one who thinks that THIS is when the writers finally worked out how GREAT SpongeBob and Squidward's relationship can be?

Sure there was Pizza Delivery, but here I feel the writers worked out that SpongeBob has a competitive side and isn't just nice all the time. In fact, he can be quite nice/ evil... If only there was a word for that... (Just for fun I'm pretending I haven't seen many episodes past this point :P (besides one I'm about to review soon)

31/31 (for days of the month :P )