• Advertisement

192b. Pull Up a Barrel

Jjs Goodman

Rating?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What did you think of this episode?

• 5/5 Stars: Huzzah for Mr. Krabs!
    • 4/5 Stars: Stop making your food so delicious!
    • 3/5 Stars: Do as he says captain...
    • 2/5 Stars: This is the navy son!
    • 1/5 Stars: It's one of those things that looks bad, but tastes...bad.

I'll just say what I said on SBM.

It looks like SpongeBob is some kind of cotton candy salesman from that cart in the corner. Maybe it's possible that he interacted with Krabs while he was a younger kid (thus the boyish hat and tie) but didn't know exactly who Krabs was until he told him (which why he was bouncing around in this promo) ? I mean Mr. Krabs has sideburns/hair and he did have fake ones during the days of Jim the frycook. Plus Krabs' outfit makes him look like a frycook. And if SpongeBob Moves In has taught me anything is that Eugene use to be the only employee at the Krusty Krab. This show really doesn't care about continuity most of the time, so they could make up something like this just for the sake of adding SpongeBob more to the story. Even though Truth or Square makes it clear he went to the KK even as a unborn baby and thus Help Wanted, Friend or Foe and show him wanting to be a frycook. That or this is all some disguise where he's trying to get Krabs out of jail in our current time, but I doubt that. Or maybe he wasn't really in the past and SpongeBob just asserted himself in a fake flashback . 

Since Nick is still airing promos for this, I assume it might be airing Friday after all. Therefore, I have edited the first post to reflect this. I am aware the schedules say Company Picnic is airing, but it's possible maybe both will air. We'll see.

I think both episodes airing is likely the case, so hopefully it is and we can get two episodes a week which is better!

But tbh I don't even know what's happening and Nick really sucks at everything.

Bottom line is, at least we're getting something new next week. Unless Nickelodeon messes that up as well    :angrytom:

While people might be disappointed with this, I enjoyed the concept for what it was. I guess it was interesting we had a Pest of the West/Dunces & Dragons twist to it and had SpongeBob and friends playing roles. The pirate battle was cool, and lol at the Sandy/Krabs hints. Whether or not if the story he told was real is up for debate I suppose.

Grade: B

• Like 2

While people might be disappointed with this, I enjoyed the concept for what it was. I guess it was interesting we had a Pest of the West/Dunces & Dragons twist to it and had SpongeBob and friends playing roles. The pirate battle was cool, and lol at the Sandy/Krabs hints. Whether or not if the story he told was real is up for debate I suppose.

Grade: B

I'm going along the lines of before an official pirate/navy buddies/when he could still cook as seen in FoF, I just believe multiple dimensions to make continuity way easier. :P

Okay I don't care if SpongeBob, Patrick and Sandy were in this and we never got to see his real crew mates, it amused me and for once I ACTUALLY felt like I enjoyed it the entire time. Idk why but I thought it was gonna be about his pirate days rather than his navy days. I must have forgot. Anyways I thought this was a fun little episode that had a good story line that didn't feel like it was too empty! Patrick stole the show and I found it interesting for "Patrick" to be the bossy captain of Mr. Krabs for once, that never happens. *slaps off scar* "MY PERSONALITY!"

I wonder if this was what Mr. Krabs was talking about when he said he was the head chief of the S. S. Diarrhea.

• Like 1

I thought this episode was pretty good. I thought the beginning was a little slow, but it really picked up in the middle. I thought the Pirate Sandy/Mr. Krabs thing was pretty funny. I'm still SongeBob/Sandy, but I liked how it hinted there was something between them.

After a number of passable but spotty episodes, this is the first one I thought was amazing. It was very fun, with a lot of great moments ("MY PERSONALITY!"). If the show continues going in this direction, maybe we'll finally have that SpongeBob Renaissance we're always praying for.

• Like 2

They almost did it right. The plot was very SpongeBob-ish, the gags were funny (there was some adult humor going on between Mr. Krabs and Sandy :P), but there was one problem in it for me. It felt like the first part of Mr. Krabs' story was very very slow with the cooking thing. The part where Mr. Krabs went to prison and guard SpongeBob came in was after more than six minutes in, and that's when the story became very rushed to me. Good, but rushed, ESPECIALLY the ending :/ But oh well, it's better than anything we had before Lost in Bikini Bottom :)

Yeah, the pacing was sorta off to me, but it was still pretty good. Patrick probs shined the brightest in his role as the captain, nice change of pace for him. SpongeBob, Squidward and Sandy were more or less what I expected them to be. Didn't see the whole Krabs/Sandy thing coming at all, so that was sort of a nice, weird surprise :laugh: I thought the sailors on that skin chafe island would've been a nice spot for Krabs' old navy buddies to show up, but it's whatevs. Always good to see more into Krab's past, regardless.

• Like 1