• Advertisement

No new SB episodes this summer?

Patrick NotStar

Article on Cartoon Brew: http://www.cartoonbrew.com/tv/c-h-greenblatt-not-thrilled-with-nicks-treatment-of-harvey-beaks-116928.html

Apparently, they've canceled new episodes of Harvey Beaks that were supposed to air in the summer and moved them to September.

Found this interesting:

"Everyone remain calm. We’re not off the air. And it’s not just us getting this treatment. They stopped all premieres (animation and live action) except Pig, Goat, Banana, Cricket for the summer. Hopefully they’ll re-run the show so folks can become more aware of it in the meantime. We should be back with a big push come late summer/early fall."

Does this mean those 20 new SpongeBob episodes we were apparently supposed to get this summer aren't coming till later in the year?

Yeah, I pretty much saw it coming. Sherm said they weren't even finished anywhere near 20 episodes from the sounds of it anyways, so I'd rather them take their time on the episodes instead of rushing them.

Still, it's honestly not a surprise anymore that Nick is still doing bad in ratings.

Someone should really look at what's going on with Nick and their company books. I don't think they are going to go bankrupt but I surmise that either Viacom will have to really revamp Nickelodeon's format or just sell the whole network off. I feel that the former option is still more likely once they get new management in.

• Like 1

This is just dumb and unsurprising. Yet, I feel Nick has been making dumb moves since God knows when, from turning the Nicktoons channel into wasteland for Nicktoons that the core channel refuses to finish to cashing in stuff off the internet. Other than that, I feel that Nick still needs a new president. There must be something they can do to step up their game and that's the first thing to come out of my mind. Now, in behalf of these delays, I'll wait for when Nickelodeon starts giving out new episodes of Spongebob again.

It's a new show, of course it's going to get more airings than others.

Because it's new doesn't mean it deserves it, HECK LOOK AT THE TREATMENT HARVEY BEAKS HAS BEEN GIVEN SINCE IT WAS NEW!

Because it's new doesn't mean it deserves it, HECK LOOK AT THE TREATMENT HARVEY BEAKS HAS BEEN GIVEN SINCE IT WAS NEW!

Well, Harvey Beaks aired it's some of episodes in Spring. I'm pretty sure same thing will happen to PGBC in Fall.

Guest hilaryfan80

I remember the days when Nickelodeon took the summer time seriously and did a bunch of new episodes and promotions because they knew kids would be watching more during the summer. Not premiering any new episodes is a huge waste of opportunity since kids are more likely to be able to watch the new episodes. Heck, there was the U-Pick Live stuff 10 years ago that got me excited for Nickelodeon and everything (green team ftw).

At this rate, Nickelodeon is going to fail. They're losing interest to streaming services like Netflix because they're not keeping up with their audiences. Either they need to go back to what they were doing 15 years ago (and promoting stuff that actually gets kids excited to watch their network), or give up and move to a streaming model that allows anyone to stream stuff like SpongeBob episodes with some ads for a fee (a service that's comparable to Hulu Plus). They're adults here - they should know by now that cable is a dying business, and they will become yesterday's news if they don't keep up with the times.