• Advertisement

Smosh: The Movie

CyanideFishbone

I'm not planning on seeing this, but I'm probably gonna be one of the few people who's not going to write this off, and one of few who's not going to make themselves think that this will be godawful because a film is being made out of something popular. I never loved Smosh's videos, but I never despised them either. I either just like their videos or I think that they're just okay.

It's a movie that was probably funded by them and a lesser known studio that probably isn't getting a wide theatrical release so there is nothing for me to be annoyed at.

It's a movie that was probably funded by them and a lesser known studio that probably isn't getting a wide theatrical release so there is nothing for me to be annoyed at.

It's from Lionsgate, and I think it'll be in some theaters (Like Equestria Girls)

It's from Lionsgate, and I think it'll be in some theaters (Like Equestria Girls)

If that's it's distribution, that's literally nothing. Lionsgate isn't that big of a studio either, but bigger than say Open Road Films (bet no one knows what films they've distributed).

Anywho, never liked Smosh, so I'm not gonna see this either. One of my friends seems to love it to death though...

If that's it's distribution, that's literally nothing. Lionsgate isn't that big of a studio either, but bigger than say Open Road Films (bet no one knows what films they've distributed).

Wrong statement there CNF.  I know plenty.  Would recommend Open Road Films movie Nightcrawler.  But I'll go ahead and list off one that EVERYONE on this site will recognize (but obviously wouldn't recommend):

The_Nut_Job_poster.jpg

I still don't understand why everything seems to be getting a movie nowadays. As someone who watched Smosh at age nine (and promptly stopped), I don't see anything about it that warrants an hour-long story, theatrical or otherwise. Money talks, I guess.

They're still relevant?

Sadly. Even though they're not as bad as some of the top rated shit on youtube nowadays *cough* Onision, Tobuscus, PewDiePie, etc *cough*

Damn it, I think i'm getting sick.....

I still don't understand why everything seems to be getting a movie nowadays. As someone who watched Smosh at age nine (and promptly stopped), I don't see anything about it that warrants an hour-long story, theatrical or otherwise. Money talks, I guess.

Uh. They've been around for at least 8 years. They're probably loaded. They can do whatever they want with their money.