• Advertisement

Jurassic World

Clappy

_1392673279.jpg

Coming next summer. Got to say that summer films next year seem incredibly stacked. As much as I love dinosaurs and Chris Pratt, I am definitely open for a return to the Jurassic Park universe.

I really hope I'm wrong, but I don't think Pratt will be able to pull this off. I want to see him be like Jim Carrey and transition from comedy to drama at the drop of a hat but based on the trailer I wasn't feeling it at all.

However, I'll still be seeing this. I'm hoping Jake Johnson gets a real chance to shine. I really want to see him in more things and if he does well here it could net him a lot of offers for more movies.

I really hope I'm wrong, but I don't think Pratt will be able to pull this off. I want to see him be like Jim Carrey and transition from comedy to drama at the drop of a hat but based on the trailer I wasn't feeling it at all.

THIS.  ABSOLUTELY THIS.

Chris Pratt felt incredibly out of place in the trailer to be honest.  All the dinosaurs and everything got me all excited...and then I see Chris Pratt riding a motorcycle off along with velociraptors....and I just finding myself rolling my eyes thinking that this just didn't work.  Nothing about the second half of the trailer worked for me and I was very disappointed.

Yet I'll still be seeing this.

New trailer is A LOT better. I'm still not entirely sold on this one genetically altered dinosaur causing absolute chaos story. But that money shot of the pterodactyl being attacked though.

Not really...IMDB says 7.9, Rotten Tomatoes give it 71% and Metacritic is at 59%. It scored only second at the box office opening.

On the bright side, it's the second best Jurassic Park movie, providing the only 2 below it are the 2 not so good sequels. But it has raked in 240 million only halfway through premiere day, so that's good.

Not really...IMDB says 7.9, Rotten Tomatoes give it 71% and Metacritic is at 59%. It scored only second at the box office opening.

You're kidding right?  The movie just came out today so box office doesn't even matter at this point.  Plus box office doesn't mean shit when it comes to if a movie is deemed good or not.

7.9 on IMDB and 71% on RottenTomatoes are still signs of a good movie.  Also how is Metacritic still relevant?  I thought that site's relevance disappeared long ago.

• Like 4

I can't tell if people are trying to be clever by saying it's the second best Jurassic Park film or if they actually mean it. Man of Steel was the second best Superman movie but that doesn't make it a good movie, it just makes it better than the crap that came before it which shouldn't be something to be proud of.

That trailer scene with the mosasaur alone makes me wanna watch it.

Thanks to Omair, how cool is this too bad only people in Thailand can get it I heard.

tumblr_inline_nppx9n2b1x1qiicfz_540.jpg

Asia is so lucky. :lori:

Saw this movie last night. I liked it. Had a lot of great suspense and some surprisingly strong characters. Cheesy at points, but I was kind of expecting that. I say check it out.

(And I haven't seen any other JP outside of bits and pieces of the first one, and I got along okay.)

Have plans in place to see this tomorrow, but nearly 83 million on opening day? Holy crap. I had a feeling this was going to be huge, but not this huge.