• Advertisement

Simpsons 12 Day Marathon on FXX

abisert

(Wow,i can't believe nobody posted about this.) :( Anyways,today is the day FXX starts airing all 552 episodes of "The Simpsons".It will run for 12 days.It will also include "The Simpsons Movie",which will air Friday 8/29 at 6 P.M E.S.T.I really hope you'll have time to catch a episode or two.Right now,im watching the episode Krusty Gets Kancelled (S1 E12).

"If you get the chance,get em right in the family jewels.That little doozy's been a Simpson trademark for generations." -Homer (S1 E5)

"I think women and seamen don't mix ." -Smithers (S4 E5)

(I'm finally back to my regular color)

I just want to keep the thread active for a few days by adding some Simpsons quotes.Sorry if it's bothering you.

Brightest idea FXX has ever done (to me anyway) since I rarely watch that channel and probably would have not noticed the until they aired commercials for it on other stations.

Don't have time to keep up with how far they are, but I will definitely tune in when I can.

• Like 1

Honestly haven't been paying that much attention to this since BBC has been marathoning Doctor Who for the past week. It's a really smart move by FXX, but I sorta wish they did it at the beginning of the month just because I don't think colleges get FXX and they're gonna be losing a good chunk of people over the course of the week.

This is such a wonderful marathon. Being able to see old episodes I haven't seen in a while have been great, and seeing old classics for the first time like "I Love Lisa" and "Brother From The Same Planet" has been fantastic. This was such a clever show back in the day, just like, a wonderful satire and parody of everything. Like Family Guy with ten times the heart and much funnier without resulting to cheap or obvious gags. Getting into more recent episodes and watching the show decline into random cartoony  nonsense for a bit before becoming a stale piece of dead air for a while is gonna be sad, because the stuff that's airing now is some gold.

• Like 5

Let's turn this into an actual discussion. That'll be fun.

Everyone's favorite episode so far in the marathon?

Since I've only seen three, I'm picking Homer and Apu. If I have to go over every one that has aired, Homer's Triple Bypass.