• Advertisement

Simpsons 12 Day Marathon on FXX

abisert

Since I've only seen three, I'm picking Homer and Apu. If I have to go over every one that has aired, Homer's Triple Bypass.

I was thinking every episode up until the current episode airing on FXX. 

I think Boy-Scoutz n' the Hood would be my favorite. The "cartoons don't have to be 100% realistic" joke is one of my favorites in all of TV. Last Exit to Springfield is also definitely up there. Probably second.

As aforementioned, I Love Lisa and Brother From Another Planet were great examples of what made this show amazing. Kamp Krusty and Burns' Heir (which is on right now) have also had me laughing out loud. Krusty Gets Busted, Some Enchanted Evening and The Telltale Head were also really great early episodes. 

I really can't wait for these next three seasons. There's only like one episode below an 8/10 from Season 6 onward for a while, and that several season string of greatness is just gonna be swell.

Yes. August 29th at 6 PM EST.

Bad news. I'll be volunteering at a high school football game.  :angry:

Good news. I've already watched it before on FX.  :D

Ah. Cool. I'll be at school and I already own it so it doesn't matter to much to me, I was just curious if they were gonna air it or not bother since they've had the rights to it for a while.

Just watched Homer Badman and it was a great episode. I'm also going to catch Homer The Great at 7 tonight.

I went to the mall earlier today and there was a Time Warner booth at the mall and they had TV's and they were playing the marathon, and people were just standing around watching it. No kidding. "Hey man, do you want to go to the mall to go back to school shopping?" "HELL NO! I'm going to watch The Simpsons there, even though it'd take less than a minute to get off my ass and watch the marathon!"

I never knew they actually did an episode where Troy McClure was the main character. It's cutting me up right now, like wow. The Planet Of The Apes musical is probably one of the funniest parodies the show's ever done, and the insane amount of subtle "blink-and-you'll-miss-it" jokes in this one are crazy. I really love that as the show moved on it stopped focusing just on The Simpsons and the scope expanded and they had the ability and freedom to have entire episodes where the actual Simpson family could be background characters and they could focus on a nobody gag-character like Troy McClure and have it be a fantastic and deep episode.

This show was so fantastic. I just can't get over it.

• Like 1

I never knew they actually did an episode where Troy McClure was the main character. It's cutting me up right now, like wow. The Planet Of The Apes musical is probably one of the funniest parodies the show's ever done, and the insane amount of subtle "blink-and-you'll-miss-it" jokes in this one are crazy. I really love that as the show moved on it stopped focusing just on The Simpsons and the scope expanded and they had the ability and freedom to have entire episodes where the actual Simpson family could be background characters and they could focus on a nobody gag-character like Troy McClure and have it be a fantastic and deep episode.

This show was so fantastic. I just can't get over it.

You mean I missed Dr. Zaius?!